Jump to content
Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

What is the proper term for

182 CEF

Recommended Posts

What is the proper term for the belt holder that fits through the sides of a uniform jacket.

The brass things that have loops that are sewn to the inside and the longer bit goes through the outside.

And does anyone know of a site that shows one...I am having a bit of a spat with a few people after someone found one..can't convince them that they were for uniforms and not tents...however they may have been used on tents after the war as surplus.


Link to comment
Share on other sites


As far as I'm aware they're always been referred to as "belt hooks" and although I know exactly what you're on about, can't seem to find an illustration of one for you. Did find these on Ebay though, any good?


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Belt hooks were what we called them, im sure the name wouldnt have changed.


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...