Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

H.M.S. Mohawk

Chris Noble

Hi

I hope shrekpaul comes back to view the Mohawk crew photo. Frank Bott is sitting next to the captain. Is your grandfather there? dave

Mohawk 1915.JPG

Past photos 011.JPG

Edited by davealexander1010

• 7 months later...

Hi Dave,

Many thanks for sharing the photo,I couldn't believe it when I first saw it,I had to compare it to the few photos I have of grandad an take into consideration that he was at least 8 to 10 years younger in this photo to the only ones I have of him but I am 99 per cent sure he is third from the left in the back row.many thanks Dave I have taken a copy and will cherish it thank you.

Regards Paul.

• 3 months later...

Hi All,

I have been doing research on my Great Uncle Percy Stevens. Who I know served on H.M.S. Mohawk and was killed with 3 other sailors on 27th October 1916.

He is Buried in Dover St James Cemetery Grave Ref L.W.8, with two of the other Sailors Charles Samuel Humphris  Grave Ref L.W.6, and John Thomas Bracken grave ref E.V.22,

the forth sailor is buried in WARMINSTER (ST. JOHN) CHURCHYARD.

What I don't have is a photo of him can anybody shed some light on the men in the photo posted by davealexander101.

Many Thanks

Paul Stevens

Hi Paul,

the only info I have on the above photo is from the other forum users being that 5 of the crew were killed and for seriously injured on the 1st June 1915,Thomas Joseph Massey my grandfather is third from the left in the back row and Frank bott is second from the left sitting down in the front row, Ian currently in the process of researching my grandfathers WW1 history and would be interested in any information if you come across it his service number is k10442.

regards Paul m.

On 13 November 2017 at 20:46, Paulstevens said:

Hi All,

I have been doing research on my Great Uncle Percy Stevens. Who I know served on H.M.S. Mohawk and was killed with 3 other sailors on 27th October 1916.

He is Buried in Dover St James Cemetery Grave Ref L.W.8, with two of the other Sailors Charles Samuel Humphris  Grave Ref L.W.6, and John Thomas Bracken grave ref E.V.22,

the forth sailor is buried in WARMINSTER (ST. JOHN) CHURCHYARD.

What I don't have is a photo of him can anybody shed some light on the men in the photo posted by davealexander101.

Many Thanks

Paul Stevens

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Dave,

is the crew photo you posted a personal one you have from your grandfather or one you found online ?

Regards Paul.

• 4 months later...