Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

"Le Tommy" Now Open 1st July !

ianw

It would seem that good sense has prevailed and that Dominique has now announced that he will be feeding the 5 thousand after all ! Whether you find LT grotty or not, this seems like goods news for many visitors.

It's unclear whether Domique has caved in or the authorities but who cares.

"Staff unfriendly"

The girls who work at "Le Tommy" are far from unfriendly and they are all very hard workers.

Perhaps those of you who find them unfriendly should try doing their job for a few days....

....Dawn <_<

Dawn,

I was referring to the man who runs/owns the place. I have never even had the decency of a "merci" from him when paying for a drink. Obviously, I cannot comment on the rest of his staff.

And having a difficult job is no reason for being unfriendly. I would assume an outward appearance of being welcoming and friendly is a pre-requisite in that kind of business.

Either way, a considerable body of opinion has been uncovered, less than happy with the atmosphere/ ethos.

But I rejoice for those who wish to patronise / matronise the establishment.

The open/ shut/ open episode is a good example of order/ counter order/ disorder ......... the inability to run a party in a brewery [some such phrase] springs to mind.

Well I'm a happy bunny now thanks for the info.

If you go in regulary he will make friends with you, just be patient, remember not all staff in pubs and cafes here in England are friendly!

Mandy.

Best news I have heard today.

Despite all the 'cons' mentioned, their hot drink or chips after a day of battlefield wandering in the midst of the rain & snow of a Somme spring warms the heart.

For reasons of a totally altruistic nature, I do hope that the Can-Can is still ON.....

he added the good news on his website for the visitors

Glad to hear that this establishment is being allowed to open after all as I was somewhat gobsmacked at the news he was being forced to close.

Andy

He was not being forced to close.

He was closing because no parking was being allowed in the village of Pozieres between 2pm on the 30th

and 6pm on the 1st. He felt that he would not be able to carry on with his work as planned (over this busy period) because the customers couldn't park outside....and he hadn't been given parking space elswhere.

Dawn

I suppose that Le Tommy has now been given parking places on the Contalmaison Rd - or at least he is confident that there is enough parking space for his purposes. A curious affair.

He has booked can can girls for the evening of july 1st, things are looking up.

Saw the reference to no parking in Pozieres on 30 june.

How is the rest of the area including the Cemetaries at redan Ridge etc affected on the 30th ??

He was not being forced to close.

He was closing because no parking was being allowed in the village of Pozieres between 2pm on the 30th

and 6pm on the 1st. He felt that he would not be able to carry on with his work as planned (over this busy period) because the customers couldn't park outside....and he hadn't been given parking space elswhere.

Dawn

So do the roads shut at 2.00pm or 8.00pm on the 30th June?

Is it just within Pozieres or all over?

Does Albert also shut down at these times?

Danke