Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Der Angriff Magazines

David_Blanchard

I have just received through the post 4 copies of 'Der Angriff' a journal of world war I military history. These were published in the early 1980's in a similar format to the early Stand To!

I have issues 21 to 24 from 1983. Most of the articles are from the German perspective, published in the states under the editor Richard Baumgartner (He has a number of articles in early Stand To!'s). I was wondering if anyone has other copies of this magazine?

Paul,

I wish I knew the contents of the magazines to ask you specific questions. I would be interested to know when it started and ended and how many issues there were?

Is there anything you want looking up?

Paul, may I presume to butt in and ask if there might be any German accounts of fighting against the Manchesters at Givenchy Dec. 21, 1914; or the Canadians at Lens August 21, 1917?

Peter in Vancouver

I have most of the series as well, only missing a few early ones. No. 3 was published in August 1979, the last I believe, No. 24, May 1983. It was a good source of information and it is a shame it folded, especially as I had just ordered a renewal for myself and my father and lost the money. I will look at them to see if there is anything along the lines of what you are looking for Peter.

Ralph

Cheers, Ralph. If you come across any photos of those "helmet-less, unarmed" bomb throwers, keep me in mind ! :)

Peter

Paul, may I presume to butt in and ask if there might be any German accounts of fighting against the Manchesters at Givenchy Dec. 21, 1914; or the Canadians at Lens August 21, 1917?

Peter in Vancouver

Not that I remember - much of the material from the German side is about the Western Front outside the BEF sector. But I will check to make sure.

• 16 years later...