Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Here is a list of the names on my Medals, certificates, letters, death plaques etc.

museumtom

On 1/23/2009 at 20:43, KevinEndon said:

I have started adding the details where they have been given, although there is no need to do this.

Please, please, please, if you are going to delete a post then please don't. If you want you can leave the post in place and edit the post so that it says MEDALS NO LONGER IN MY POSSESSION. If you do sell or get rid of something on your list can I ask that you do leave them in place just incase a relative sees that a medal they are after still exists and you may be able to help the track it down.

Thanks for your help

Kevin

The names on the list are

Surname...Forename/Initial...Number...Unit...Post Number...Posters user name...Page number

Kevin, wonderful job on the list.

Leonard Medal additions:

Leonard Andrew 64559 South Lancs Private

Leonard  Archibald  198555  RGA..Gunner

Leonard Arthur John J84631  RN Able Seaman

Leonard Charles Frank 11221 2/KRRC  L.Cpl (14 Star)

Leonard Edward 44471 Loyal North Lancs  Private

Leonard Thomas E 1378/T/306214/310296  Durham LI, ASC, Tank Corps

Leonard George Ernest 3846 1/Dragoon Guards - QSA

Leonard George H 2842/826105 RFA 

Leonard Harold 10768 East Lancs R Private

Leonard Joseph W L/9640 Royal West Kents

Leonard Robert  East Kent's 2Lt/Lt

Leonard Robert 10483 Welsh Regt Cpl

Leonard Henry James 210568 RN, Leading Seaman

Leonard Henry W 5468 552446 16th Londons Private

Leonard Ivor J 3947737 Royal Welsh Fusiliers Private

Leonard James T 19234/24783 West Riding Regt, MGC

Leonard John  RNR - LSGC

Leonard John 36988 New Zealand Rifle Brigade Rifleman

Leonard John 3035251 Canadian Expeditionary Force

Leonard Rodrique 3036443 Canadian Expeditionary Force

and finally after a 30 year search I found my grandfather's VM in Washington DC via Miami:

Leonard Henry Edward 21011 RMLI Private (still searching for his BWM)

Just picked up Leslie Minta Leonard's BWM to repatriate his 14 Trio and the BWM of his elder brother John Stanley Leonard in the RNAS/RAF.

Good man josturm.

A great list.

Tom.

Hi josturm

Thank goodness they are in alphabetical order😁😁, I have taken up the cudgel in maintaining the list and converting to a spreadsheet (see post #750).

Hi Tom

I have them tagged to include in the spreadsheet, there is a considerable amount of checking so I don’t make many mistakes, up to page 27 so just another 4 to get up to date.

John

Knotty - just looked at post 750 didn't see a speadsheet attached ?

Josturm

Hello Tom,

For my recent birthday I received a trio to Pte. F,J Farley A.S.C. M2- 052423 (. 14/15 star)....the GSM  and VM were numbered M2- 052425 but records confirmed he must have been renumbered for some reason I don,t know!!

You lucky man, nice one. Thanks for the name.

Kind regards.

Tom.

On 02/05/2018 at 13:36, JOSTURM said:

Knotty - just looked at post 750 didn't see a speadsheet attached ?

Josturm

Hi Josturm

Sorry for delay in reply,didn’t see your post.

No you won’t see a spreadsheet yet, in post #750 I said it is work in progress and I am still working on it. Unfortunately the list had not been updated since 2009, I volunteered at the end of last year to pick up where Kevin left off, and it is a large task to collate all the info. that has been posted. Hang fire I am nearly there.

John

I appreciate all you do, John. Well done.

Hi Tom,

Another Suffolk Regiment chap for you; 12th Battalion this time:

Private Horace LAVERS (BWM & VM, missing SWB)

All the best

Steve

Thanks Steve, another to your list.

Cheers.

Tom.

• 1 month later...

Hi Tom + Knotty, 

New additions; (alphabetically);

1. Gnr. William Calvert. 161058. - 293 Bde. R.F.A. -  B.W.M.

2. A/Sgt. Harry Davis. 34754. - R.A.M.C. - V.M.

3. Pte. Timothy Foster. T4/140873. - 58th Div. M.T. Coy. A.S.C. - 15 Star + V.M.

4. Pte. Edward Jerman. 55958. - 15th R.W.F. (35041. 13th Yorks. - 93350. 1/7th D.L.I.) - B.W.M.

5. Gnr. George Prevett. 83028. - 141st S.Batt. R.G.A. - Pair.

6. Pte. Thomas Eric Stafford. 66023. - R.W.F. ( 39979. - 67th Coy. Lab. Corps.). - B.W.M.

7. A/Cpl. Henry Tanner. 86528. - 127th H.Batt. R.G.A. - V.M.

8. Pte. EDwin Taylor. 47188. - 4th Garr. Batt. R.W.F. - 26th R.W.F. Att. 176 T.M.B. - V.M.

9. Pte. Henry Frederick Taylor. 7226. - 2nd East Surrey. Died 27/2/1917. - Plaque.

10. Gnr. William A. Taylor. 83212. - R.G.A. ( 367526. Royal Engineers.). - V.M. 

11. Pte. Frederick G. Valder. M2/049772. - A.S.C. - V.M.

That is some list GWF1967, thank you kindly.

Cheers.

Tom.

Hi Folks   -please see next message below

Trying to establish a link on here to my medal ownership spreadsheet/list, can someone have a look and let me know if either of these links work. please. I have been working with Tom, and I don’t think it fair to keep disturbing him to check my “experiments”, so I’m looking for some extra help:thumbsup:

Top link should be a spreadsheet with alphabetical tabs, the second is a supposed to be a list.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6nspb9icqywrcbs/Medals Ownership Master list (1).xlsx?dl=0

Or

https://www.dropbox.com/s/73cne9jb1gq3zyz/Mid 2018 Medal List 7.numbers?dl=0

GWF1967,thanks for the additions, sorry not added yet.

Cheers

John

Edited by Knotty
working

34 minutes ago, Knotty said:

Hi Folks

Trying to establish a link on here to my medal ownership spreadsheet/list, can someone have a look and let me know if either of these links work. please. I have been working with Tom, and I don’t think it fair to keep disturbing him to check my “experiments”, so I’m looking for some extra help:thumbsup:

Top link should be a spreadsheet with alphabetical tabs, the second is a supposed to be a list.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9cbbi0zmx65tpf1/Medals Ownership Master list.xlsx?dl=0

Or

https://www.dropbox.com/s/73cne9jb1gq3zyz/Mid 2018 Medal List 7.numbers?dl=0

GWF1967,thanks for the additions, sorry not added yet.

Cheers

John

I can't access either on my iPad.

Can you try again please people. 

If the link is selected then:-

It should come up with a excel symbol in the centre of page

At the bottom you are given two options, go to open website option.

Gives a preview unavailable message- however  in top right corner there are three dots, please select.

There are 3 options, select the one Direct Dowload, it should then open the spreadsheet.

If you select the second link it is the same process but will take slightly longer to open as it is just a single listing.

If it doesn’t work please pm me with your observations as I don’t want to waste space on the forum 

Thanks

Edited by Knotty

It came up with 'no preview available' but below that 'download' which I clicked on and it worked fine.

Well done for all that work. Just to keep you on your toes....NamesList1.JPG.bd2f86bf652f444a86be642d3f36c63a.JPG  initial in wrong column !

Charlie

Edited by charlie962

Thanks Charlie

There will probably be a few of those, had to convert from unformatted text, a mix of commas and spaces into csv. 

At least I can make the changes for the next update......in January

Same for me, it was fine to download and save. Sterling effort!

Some family awards in my possession: 14/15 Star, BWM, VM, Plaque, Scroll in the name Arthur Edward HAINES  J.11508. Lost on HMS Monmouth in 1914.

23 hours ago, charlie962 said:

It came up with 'no preview available' but below that 'download' which I clicked on and it worked fine.

Well done for all that work. Just to keep you on your toes....NamesList1.JPG.bd2f86bf652f444a86be642d3f36c63a.JPG  initial in wrong column !

Charlie

Worked for me, too, in the way that Charlie describes.

Working fine for me. 

👍  

image.png

Thanks for looking, I’m glad it’s coming together, just going through and making the necessary corrections, (including separating multiple serial numbers so it doesn’t think that it’s a phone number)

I will be adding all new info from the last couple of days when the above is sorted.

John

This looks like an outstanding resource.  Thanks, John, for your dedication in pulling it all together.

One dumb question...how does one access it?