Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

RAMC: researching Wilfred Lawton

Guest Andrew Lawton

While I was travelling read a good book by Gordon Corrigan - Mud, Blood and Poppycock. Very readable. He touches briefly on RAMC and Field Ambulances, but does make an interesting comment when discussing the reasons why the BEF did not suffer the catastrophic morale and mutiny problems experienced by other armies. One of the causes (out of about five or so) he credits was the ability of the RAMC to expand to meet the task as it increased. Consequently, the ongoing expectation of medical support was a significant contributing factor in maintaining morale.

I would appreciate any suggestions for reading on RAMC background or medical history of the Great War. Suggestions on how and where to track titles down would also be appreciated. I've not been having luck in getting as much as I expected in Vancouver.

Cheers,

John

Barbara,

I do quite a lot of database work in my professional work. I'd be pleased to help out or bounce ideas on design, maintenance and link discovery in databases. I can also pick the brains of some colleagues who do network recognition and related data mining for what tools they might suggest.

John

Dont know if anybodys interested ? But I have had this book for years. If anybody needs to refer to it , just let me know.

post-13272-1167475194.jpg

Hello again,

I've been away fro a while and recovering from a rather bad cold/virus over Christmas.

Perhaps someone could help enlighten me on how "division" and "section" are used in the FA context.

Cheers,

John

Hi John

Hope you are feeling better, Santa bought me a nice little head cold too which turned into a chest infection

:( Typical when I finally get some time off work.

Hopefully, below will be a description of how Field Ambulances were set up. I have taken it from a printout my father compiled about the chain of evacuation. I think it answers all the questions you asked above, or most of them. I hope it helps.

I noticed that there was a thread in the books review section that gave a list of RAMC books which may be of interest to you. I am not sure where you will be able to get copies though. I have some and am happy to help in any way I can.

All the best

Barbara

Field Ambulance. [Fd Amb or FA]

A Field Ambulance was the most forward of the RAMC units. It was composed of a Headquarters and three Company`s. HQ and `A` Company formed the Main Dressing Station [MDS], and the Company’s `B` & `C` were placed forward of the MDS to form two Advanced Dressing Stations [ADS`s] about 400 metres behind the RAP`s. Each of the Sections were divided into a `tent` sub-division and a `bearer` sub-division. The `tent` sub-division formed the treatment area, in tents where necessary, but preferable in large houses or schools, and the `bearer` sub-division collected the casualties from the RAP’s either direct, or by manning the relay posts as above. Each Company had horse-drawn ambulances and, perhaps, one or two motor ambulances.

The ADS did not normally have a holding capacity, but if it moved whilst handling casualties it could take its casualties with it. The object of the exercise was again to return the injured man to his unit in the line [RTU] where possible, otherwise he was collected by the bearer sub-division of the MDS by horsed or motor transport. The Field Ambulance was the first line of documentation.

The MDS did not at first have a surgical capacity, but did carry a Surgeons Roll of instruments for emergencies. It had a holding capacity of up to 1 week, for the patient to be fit enough to RTU or be able to be transported back to the Casualty Clearing Station [CCS]. Later in the war surgical teams were attached and urgent surgical interference could be performed to sustain life.

There were three Field Ambulances to a Division (1 to each Brigade) and in action two of these were forward, and one held in the rear. If the Line of Communication [LOC] from the front to the CCS`s was a long journey, other Fd Amb`s were placed along the way, and these served only to check dressings, taking a casualty off the ambulance for treatment only if necessary.

When the Division was out of the line the Fd Amb`s were allocated special tasks such as a scabies centre or for other ailments, a Divisional Rest Centre [DRS], or as a bath unit. If the latter it was usually sited in a Brewery where up to 50 men could be bathed at a time in the large vats, and local women were used for laundering and the repair of clothing and uniforms.

Barbara,

I do quite a lot of database work in my professional work. I'd be pleased to help out or bounce ideas on design, maintenance and link discovery in databases. I can also pick the brains of some colleagues who do network recognition and related data mining for what tools they might suggest.

John

Oops, me again :D

John you are brilliant, I really do need all the help I can get. At the moment my website and the database is up and running but it is all the work of my brother-in-law, who has set it up for me. I am planning on getting Dreamweaver within the next week, I went to PC World today to buy it but only came back with an instruction book :huh: They didn't have it in stock.

When I get it I'll send you a PM, if that Ok?

:)

Barbara

Hopefully, below will be a description of how Field Ambulances were set up. I have taken it from a printout my father compiled about the chain of evacuation. I think it answers all the questions you asked above, or most of them. I hope it helps.

[\quote]

It clarifies some of them, but I'll rephrase and expand some of the questions. I would like to quote and reference this though. How do you suggest I should reference your father's notes?

A Field Ambulance was the most forward of the RAMC units. It was composed of a Headquarters and three Company`s.

[\quote]

Is this a typo? Or does this reflect later terminology? The description starts of talking about Companies and then changes to Sections.

HQ and `A` Company formed the Main Dressing Station [MDS], and the Company’s `B` & `C` were placed forward of the MDS to form two Advanced Dressing Stations [ADS`s] about 400 metres behind the RAP`s. Each of the Sections were divided into a `tent` sub-division and a `bearer` sub-division. The `tent` sub-division formed the treatment area, in tents where necessary, but preferable in large houses or schools, and the `bearer` sub-division collected the casualties from the RAP’s either direct, or by manning the relay posts as above. Each Company had horse-drawn ambulances and, perhaps, one or two motor ambulances.

This is what I meant by the sections be an administrative grouping of the unit, while the divisions (or sub-divisions) were functional or 'operational' groups. The diaries talk of the Bearer Division much more than sub-division which made me wonder from the context if the Bearer Division indicated all bearers from all sections. For example, during periods of more intense action the "Bearer Division" possibly along with motorized or horsed ambulance wagons would be moved forward to expedite evacuation of wounded. Sometimes this was in support of a different FA. The diary could be understood to mean that in these circumstances *all* bearers were moved forward temporarily.

The ADS did not normally have a holding capacity, but if it moved whilst handling casualties it could take its casualties with it. The object of the exercise was again to return the injured man to his unit in the line [RTU] where possible, otherwise he was collected by the bearer sub-division of the MDS by horsed or motor transport. The Field Ambulance was the first line of documentation.

I saw somewhere - perhaps in the No 1 FA Diary, that the capacity of the unit for transient wounded or sick was nominally 120. Even though they may not have functioned as a hospital that held patients, there must have been a number of throughput above which would have swamped the unit. Clearly there are many days when several time the 120 moved through a unit.

The MDS did not at first have a surgical capacity, but did carry a Surgeons Roll of instruments for emergencies. It had a holding capacity of up to 1 week, for the patient to be fit enough to RTU or be able to be transported back to the Casualty Clearing Station [CCS]. Later in the war surgical teams were attached and urgent surgical interference could be performed to sustain life.

The months I have not emailed out yet cover the running of a Convalescent Depot (or Company). The holding requirements and patient turnaround is discussed along with how the facilities prepared for planned attacks.

There were three Field Ambulances to a Division (1 to each Brigade) and in action two of these were forward, and one held in the rear. If the Line of Communication [LOC] from the front to the CCS`s was a long journey, other Fd Amb`s were placed along the way, and these served only to check dressings, taking a casualty off the ambulance for treatment only if necessary.

This is an interesting comment. There are several places, including the diaries, where the three field ambulances are matched with the three brigades of a division. But the deployment of the ambulances is not quite consistent with the three positions of a brigade. The two up and one back is more consistent with what I have been reading.

When the Division was out of the line the Fd Amb`s were allocated special tasks such as a scabies centre or for other ailments, a Divisional Rest Centre [DRS], or as a bath unit. If the latter it was usually sited in a Brewery where up to 50 men could be bathed at a time in the large vats, and local women were used for laundering and the repair of clothing and uniforms.

There is quite a lot of detail on these kinds of secondary tasks in the first quarter of 1915 for No 1 FA. Including details on the volume of laundry, running baths (at mines) and problems in disinfecting clothing.

Lastly, I've been wondering if anyone knows the origins of the group terminology in the RAMC. Specialized units like FAs tend to have groups named a little off the routine army names (ie not company, platoon, section). I think a field ambulance would have been heavy

on officers. The need for medical professionals would have significantly contributed to this. The section/division naming has a slightly navy sound to it. Any sense of naval origins to the terminiology?

Cheers,

John Harrop

BJay (or anyone else for that matter) I have compiled a list from Soldiers Wills held at the National Archives of Scotland whose place of death is given as a Field Ambulance,there are a few RAMC men amongst them but the majority are from combat units. It could be useful for tying in a RAMC unit to a particular fighting unit or vice versa. It pretty lengthy. The first is obviously DOD, the second is the date the will was written which may be an indication as to when they went on active service. Hope it is of use.

Or if you prefer you can download the text file.

Details

SC70/8/35/8 Will of 7275 Private Philip HART, 1st Bn., Royal Scots Fusiliers. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 15 Field Ambulance, Bethune, France, France and Flanders, 22

October 1914 18 Sep 1914 Open

Details

SC70/8/40/13 Will of 5902 Private Robert McKENNA, 2nd Bn., Royal Scots Fusiliers. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 3 Field Ambulance, Ypres, Belgium, France and Flanders, 30

October 1914 c1914 Open

Details

SC70/8/44/8 Will of 2281 Lance Corporal William RITCHIE, 1st Bn., Black Watch (Royal Highlanders). Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 2 Field Ambulance, France and Flanders, 15

October 1914 11 Aug 1914 Open

Details

SC70/8/45/3 Will of 7034 Private SHARP or Robert SHARP, 1st Bn., Cameronians (Scottish Rifles). Cause of death: Unknown, No 19 Field Ambulance, Bac Street Maisron ?, France.,

30 October 1914 21 Oct 1914 Open

Details

SC70/8/45/14 Will of 7398 Private William STEWART, 1st Bn., Gordon Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 3 Field Ambulance, Ypres, Belgium, France and Flanders, 8

November 1914 20 Aug 1914 Open

Details

SC70/8/51/11 Will of 2551 Private John G BRODIE, 9th Bn. (T.).or 9th Battalion (G H), Highland Light Infantry. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 4 Field Ambulance, France and

Flanders, 1 March 1915 3 Dec 1914 Open

Details

SC70/8/51/18 Will of 3/6057 6057 Private Andrew Millar BARCLAY, 1st Bn., Queen's Own Cameron Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 3 Field Ambulance, France and

Flanders, 7 March 1915 c1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/52/13 Will of 6958 Private CARROLL or Edward CARROLL, 2nd Bn., Cameronians (Scottish Rifles). Cause of death: Unknown, No 25 Field Ambulance, Estaires, France., 11 March

1915 c1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/53/11 Will of 2196 Lance Corporal William DUNN, 5th Bn., Black Watch (Royal Highlanders). Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 25 Field Ambulance, France, France and

Flanders, 23 January 1915 10 Dec 1914 Open

Details

SC70/8/61/6 Will of 9871 Corporal I LAFFERTY or James LAFFERTY, 2nd Bn., Cameronians (Scottish Rifles). Cause of death: Unknown, No 25 Field Ambulance, Estaires, France., 10

February 1915 13 Nov 1914 Open

Details

SC70/8/69/20 Will of 1607 Private David Wilson, 5th Bn., Black Watch (Royal Highlanders). Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 26 Field Ambulance, France and Flanders, 24 February

1915 14 Jan 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/71/16 Will of 3/2912 2912 Private Andrew ANDERSON, 2nd Bn., Black Watch (Royal Highlanders). Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 20 Field Ambulance, Buioli ?, France and

Flanders, 13 May 1915 9 Apr 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/83/45 Will of 12502 Guardsman Private Andrew MARSHALL, or 2nd, Scots Guards. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 23 Field Ambulance, France and Flanders, 14 June 1915

c1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/87/7 Will of 2099 Private Alexander POLLOCK, 1/6th Bn., Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 3 Highland Field Ambulance, France and

Flanders, 20 June 1915 1 May 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/91/7 Will of 6279 Private THOMSON or Robert THOMSON, 1/5th Bn., Cameronians (Scottish Rifles). Cause of death: Unknown, No 19 Field Ambulance, France., 6 June 1915

2 Feb 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/96/32 Will of 761 Acting Sergeant Sergeant David BURNETT, 2nd Bn., Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, Field Ambulance, France and

Flanders, 4 July 1915 c1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/97/25 Will of 2119 Lance Corporal John CARRIGAN, 2nd Bn., Black Watch (Royal Highlanders). Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 20 British Field Ambulance, Corre [sic],

France and Flanders, 23 November 1914 c1914 Open

Details

SC70/8/100/6 Will of S/1993 1993 Private Robert FRIEL, 7th Bn., Seaforth Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 29 Field Ambulance, France and Flanders, 31 July 1915

10 May 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/100/12 Will of 3164 Private William FINDLAY, 4th Bn., Black Watch (Royal Highlanders). Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 20 British Field Ambulance, France and Flanders, 3

July 1915 27 Feb 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/100/27 Will of S/3002 Private Thomas FISHER, 2nd Bn., Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 19 Field Ambulance, France and Flanders, 8 July

1915 24 Nov 1914 Open

Details

SC70/8/101/20 Will of 10425 Guardsman Private Robert Russell GIBSON, or 2nd, Scots Guards. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 3 Highland Field Ambulance, France and Flanders, 19

June 1915 20 Mar 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/101/22 Will of 800 Private William GORDON, 8th Bn.or 1/8th, Royal Scots (Lothian Regiment). Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 5 London Field Ambulance, Bethune, France,

France and Flanders, 16 May 1915 c1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/102/8 Will of 1120 Private Robert HUTCHEON, 4th Bn., Gordon Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 8 Field Ambulance, La Clytte, France and Flanders, 22 March

1915 18 Jan 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/103/2 Will of 8957 Private Peter INNES, 2nd Bn. formerly 5957. H.L.I., Royal Scots (Lothian Regiment). Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 9 Field Ambulance, France and

Flanders, 16 June 1915 14 Aug 1914 Open

Details

SC70/8/103/4 Will of 1913 A/Cpl Lance Corporal INNES or John Reid INNES, 9th Bn. (T.).or (T), Highland Light Infantry. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 6 Field Ambulance, France

and Flanders, 9 July 1915 22 Nov 1914 Open

Details

SC70/8/105/1 Will of 7593 Private James KIRKWOOD, 1st Bn., Highland Light Infantry. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 8 British Field Ambulance, France and Flanders, 14 March

1915 22 Jan 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/105/10 Will of 2135 Lance Corporal Samuel KIRK, 1/9th Bn., Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 82 Field Ambulance, France and Flanders, 9

May 1915 c1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/106/17 Will of 12491 Private William LAMONT or William Lamond, 2nd Bn., Royal Scots Fusiliers. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 23 Field Ambulance, France and Flanders,

17 May 1915 (16 May 1915 - 16 May 1915) 7 Apr 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/107/21 Will of 6489 Private John MAXWELL, 2nd Bn., Royal Scots (Lothian Regiment). Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 7 Field Ambulance, France and Flanders, 12

December 1914 c1914 Open

Details

SC70/8/107/31 Will of 1440 Corporal John McAINSH, 9th Bn. (T.).or 1/9th, Highland Light Infantry. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 6 London Field Ambulance, Bethune, France,

France and Flanders, 17 May 1915 8 Feb 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/107/54 Will of 7246 Private Archibald McFARLANE, 8th Bn. (T.), Highland Light Infantryor attached to 8th Royal Scots. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 22 Field Ambulance,

France and Flanders, 19 May 1915 12 Feb 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/107/150 Will of 1853 Private John McMORRAN, (T.F.).or 3rd Lowland Field Ambulance, Royal Army Medical Corps. Cause of death: Killed in action, Gallipoli., 12 July 1915 5 Jul

1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/107/167 Will of 5246 Private McGILL or William John McGILL, 1st Bn., Irish Guards. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 764 Field Ambulance, France and Flanders, 19 May 1915

8 May 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/109/1 Will of 2309 Private John O'BRIEN, 1/9th Bn., Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders. Cause of death: Died, No 12 Field Ambulance, France and Flanders, 25 May 1915

c1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/109/2 Will of 4676 Private Daniel O'CONNER, 1/6th Bn., Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 3 Highland Field Ambulance, France and

Flanders, 20 June 1915 9 May 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/113/12 Will of 2306 Private James SHANLEY, 2nd Bn., Royal Scots (Lothian Regiment). Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 14 Field Ambulance, France and Flanders, 24

November 1914 c1914 Open

Details

SC70/8/113/19 Will of 6973 Private James STRANG, 2nd Bn., Highland Light Infantry. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 4 Field Ambulance, Bethune, France, France and Flanders, 11

March 1915 c1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/113/53 Will of 67489 A/Bdr Bombardier John Alexander Sclater SINCLAIR, or 38th, Royal Horse and Royal Field Artillery. Cause of death: Killed in action, No 9 Field Ambulance,

France and Flanders, 15 June 1915 12 Sep 1914 Open

Details

SC70/8/114/2 Will of 6300 A/Cpl Corporal David THOMSON, 8th Bn. (T.)., Highland Light Infantryor attached to 8th Royal Scots. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 6 London Field

Ambulance, Bethune, France, Unknown, 17 May 1915 c1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/114/18 Will of 9005 Lance Corporal Dugald TENNANT, 2nd Bn., Highland Light Infantry. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 6 Field Ambulance, France and Flanders, 2 August

1915 12 Aug 1914 Open

Details

SC70/8/118/9 Will of B/7470 7470 Lance Corporal ARGUE or James ARGUE, 2nd Bn., Cameronians (Scottish Rifles). Cause of death: Unknown, No 24 Field Ambulance, France., 3 June

1915 c1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/119/40 Will of S/16533 16533 Private David BLADES, 2nd Bn., Queen's Own Cameron Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 81 Field Ambulance, France and Flanders,

13 July 1915 c1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/121/1 Will of 3306 Private Charles DYCE, 4th Bn.or 1/4th, Queen's Own Cameron Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 22 Field Ambulance, France and Flanders,

25 September 1915 7 Sep 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/124/20 Will of 9614 Private James GROSSERT or James Grossart, 1st Bn., Queen's Own Cameron Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 141 Field Ambulance, France,

France and Flanders, 26 September 1915 c1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/125/44 Will of 8319 Private HAND or Francis J HAND, 2nd Bn., Highland Light Infantry. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 4 Field Ambulance, Bethune, France, France and

Flanders, 8 March 1915 22 Nov 1914 Open

Details

SC70/8/130/62 Will of 7362 Private W McWILLIAM, 1st Bn., Cameronians (Scottish Rifles). Cause of death: Unknown, No 19 Field Ambulance, France., 9 July 1915 c1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/130/76 Will of 11151 Guardsman Private Thomas MILLAR, Scots Guards. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 3 Field Ambulance, France and Flanders, 3 May 1915 9

Mar 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/130/78 Will of S/11783 11783 Private David McCLYMONT, 1st Bn., Queen's Own Cameron Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 2 Field Ambulance, France and

Flanders, 26 September 1915 21 Jan 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/130/98 Will of 1205 Private Edward MUIR, 9th Bn. (T.).or (G H), Highland Light Infantry. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 4 Field Ambulance, France and Flanders, 18 May

1915 c1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/134/33 Will of 11005 Private George RITCHIE, 1st Bn., King's Own Scottish Borderers. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 87 Field Ambulance, Gallipoli, Turkey, Dardanelles., 6

June 1915 22 Apr 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/134/41 Will of 11352 Corporal William ROBERTSON, 2nd Bn., Highland Light Infantry. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 5 Field Ambulance, France and Flanders, 27 September

1915 10 Aug 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/134/42 Will of 8516 Guardsman Private Alexander ROBERTSON, or 2nd, Scots Guards. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 36 Field Ambulance, France, F. & F., 13 October 1915

c1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/135/33 Will of 8359 Private James STEEL, 2nd Bn., Highland Light Infantry. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 5 Field Ambulance, France and Flanders, 25 September 1915

13 Jun 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/135/40 Will of 11321 Private Alexander SHIVAS, 6th Bn.or 1/6th, Gordon Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 23 Field Ambulance, France and Flanders, 4 October

1915 c1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/136/9 Will of 7564 Gunner James George TAYLOR, or A Battery, 81st Brigade, RFA, Royal Horse and Royal Field Artillery. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 1 Canadian Field

Ambulance, France and Flanders, 26 August 1915 c1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/136/12 Will of 73659 Gunner Henry TRAVERS, or 42nd Battery, RFA, Royal Horse and Royal Field Artillery. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 17 Field Ambulance, France,

France and Flanders, 19 September 1915 25 Aug 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/136/20 Will of 1952 Private John TAYLOR, 5th Bn.or 1/5th, Gordon Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 2 Field Ambulance, France and Flanders, 22 May 1915

15 Apr 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/142/15 Will of 185 Private Alexander Brown, (T.F.).or 1st Lowland Field Ambulance, Royal Army Medical Corps. Cause of death: Died, at sea on board H.S. Itonus, Egypt., 31

August 1915 c1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/142/104 Will of S/6077 6077 Private Robert BALLOCH, 7th Bn., Seaforth Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 28 Field Ambulance, Belgium, France and Flanders, 12

December 1915 14 Oct 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/143/31 Will of 15865 Private CUMMING or Alexander White CUMMING, 12th Bn., Royal Scots (Lothian Regiment). Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 27 Field Ambulance,

France and Flanders, 29 July 1915 3 Mar 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/143/59 Will of 1941 Lance Corporal Private James CHAPMAN, 1/8th Bn., Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 1/8 Field Ambulance, France and

Flanders, 23 August 1915 15 Apr 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/143/81 Will of S/6392 6392 Private Francis CRAIGEN, 8th Bn., Seaforth Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 46 Field Ambulance, France and Flanders, 27

September 1915 23 Sep 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/144/41 Will of 2060 Private David S Dunlop, 1/3rd Lowland Field Ambulance, Royal Army Medical Corps. , Malta (25 August 1915 - 25 August 1915) 12 Jul 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/146/36 Will of S/6367 6367 Private Thomas FOUBISTER, 8th Bn., Seaforth Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 65 Field Ambulance, France and Flanders, 27

September 1915 8 Jul 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/147/3 Will of S/3130 Private James GARRITY, 8th Bn., Seaforth Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 6 London Field Ambulance, Bethune, France, France and

Flanders, 25 September 1915 8 Jul 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/147/15 Will of 18285 Private Samuel GRAY, 13th Bn., Royal Scots (Lothian Regiment). Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 6 London Field Ambulance, France, France and

Flanders, 28 September 1915 6 Jul 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/148/57 Will of 2002 Private Keith HUTCHEON, (T.F.).or 3/2nd Highland Field Ambulance, Royal Army Medical Corps. Cause of death: Died, Mudros, Gallipoli., 28 October 1915

c1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/148/63 Will of S/14483 Private Thomas HICKS, 2nd Bn., Queen's Own Cameron Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 84 Field Ambulance, France, France and

Flanders, 1 May 1915 23 Feb 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/151/30 Will of S/3471 Private Archibald KERR, 8th Bn., Seaforth Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 46 Field Ambulance, France and Flanders, 21 November 1915

9 Jul 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/153/22 Will of 3004 Private McBRIDE or Edward Joseph McBRIDE, 9th Bn. (T.).or 1/9th, Highland Light Infantry. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 38 Field Ambulance, France

and Flanders, 3 October 1915 10 Apr 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/153/239 Will of 7265 Private Edward MITCHELL, 2nd Bn., Highland Light Infantry. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 5 Field Ambulance, France and Flanders, 25 September

1915 c1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/158/16 Will of 34447 Private William RUSSELL, or 32nd Field Ambulance, Royal Army Medical Corps. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, on board H.S. Neuralia, At Sea., 25 August

1915 24 May 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/158/25 Will of 2301 Private Joseph ROBERTSON, (T.F.).or 89th Field Ambulance, Royal Army Medical Corps. Cause of death: Died, on board H.S. Reura ?, Egypt., 12 November

1915 8 Oct 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/158/29 Will of 16948 1694 Private John RYAN, 7th Bn., Royal Scots Fusiliersor Royal Scots. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 6 London Field Ambulance, Bethune, France,

France and Flanders, 28 September 1915 c1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/158/53 Will of 1875 Private Colin ROBERTSON, (T.F.).or 3/2 Field Ambulance, Royal Army Medical Corps. Cause of death: Died, Malta, Malta., 28 October 1915 6 Sep 1915

Open

Details

SC70/8/159/19 Will of 3/8730 Private Allen SWANSON, 2nd Bn., Suffolk Regiment. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 8 Field Ambulance, France and Flanders, 24 September 1915

28 May 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/159/31 Will of S/13086 13086 Lance Corporal Private Richard SIMPSON, 1st Bn., Queen's Own Cameron Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 2 Field Ambulance,

France and Flanders, 26 September 1915 c1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/159/37 Will of 44804 Private Malcolm SHARP, or 33rd Field Ambulance, Royal Army Medical Corps. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, Lemnon, Gallipoli., 17 August 1915 2 Jul

1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/160/3 Will of S/3418 Private Robert THOMSON, 8th Bn., Seaforth Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 6 London Field Ambulance, Bethune, France, France and

Flanders, 26 September 1915 c1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/160/18 Will of 2560 Private William Danskin TELFORD, 14th (County of London) Bn., (London Scottish)., Honourable Artillery Company (Infantry). The London Regiment. Inns of

Court Officers Training Corps. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 1 Field Ambulance, France and Flanders, 13 October 1915 21 Apr 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/163/25 Will of A/6846 6846 Private Robert Wright, 2nd Bn., Royal Scots Fusiliers. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 4 Field Ambulance, France and Flanders, 29 September

1915 2 June 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/163/28 Will of 6498 Private John Wood alias J McBain, 5th Dragoon Guards (Princess Charlotte's Own)., . Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 3 Cavalry Field Ambulance, France

and Flanders, 14 May 1915 16 Nov 1914 Open

Details

SC70/8/163/37 Will of 11796 Private William WAUGH, 2nd Bn., Highland Light Infantry. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 5 Field Ambulance, France and Flanders, 19 October 1915

14 Oct 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/166/6 Will of 1881 Private Joseph Brown, (T.F.).or 1/3rd Lowland Field Ambulance, Royal Army Medical Corps. Cause of death: Killed in action, Gallipoli, Turkey, Gallipoli., 14

July 1915 8 July 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/166/13 Will of 245 Private Andrew Drinnan Brown, (T.F.).or 1/1st Lowland Field Ambulance, Royal Army Medical Corps. Cause of death: Died, Malta, Malta., 29 September 1915

16 July 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/172/6 Will of S/2793 Private David HOLLIGAN, D.C.M., 8th Bn., Seaforth Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 6 London Field Ambulance, Bethune, France, France

and Flanders, 26 September 1915 c1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/176/11 Will of 19866 Private James LOGAN, 1st Bn., Royal Dublin Fusiliers. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 89 Field Ambulance, Gallipoli, Turkey, Gallipoli., 27 October 1915

c1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/177/83 Will of S/8327 Private Samuel MATEAR, 1st Bn., Black Watch (Royal Highlanders). Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 141 Field Ambulance, France, France and

Flanders, 14 October 1915 19 July 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/183/4 Will of 3523 Private Lance Corporal STEVENSON or Edward A STEVENSON, 4th Bn., Gordon Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 8 British Field Ambulance,

France and Flanders, 25 September 1915 (26 September 1915 - 26 September 1915) 2 Apr 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/183/7 Will of 18369 Private James SPROUL, 13th Bn., Royal Scots (Lothian Regiment). Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 46 Field Ambulance, France and Flanders, 30

January 1916 5 July 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/183/23 Will of 13404 Private Frederick SUNMAN or Frederick Sunman, 12th Bn., Royal Scots (Lothian Regiment). Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 84 Field Ambulance,

France, France and Flanders, 30 September 1915 4 Mar 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/200/7 Will of 9842 A/Cpl Hugh MORTON, 1st Bn., Queen's Own Cameron Highlanders. Cause of death: Killed in action, No 5 London Field Ambulance [France], France and

Flanders, 9 May 1915 (10 May 1915 - 10 May 1915) 12 Jan 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/200/83 Will of S/3992 3992 Private William McCARTNEY, 11th Bn., Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 46 Field Ambulance, France, France

and Flanders, 23 January 1916 7 July 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/202/5 Will of 754 Gunner Arthur O'Neill, 1/4th, Lowland Field A ? Brigade Royal Field Artillery. , No 39 Field Ambulance, Sulva, Gallipoli, Turkey (28 November 1915 - 28

November 1915) 29 May 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/205/6 Will of 1275 Driver ROSS or William A ROSS, (T.F.).or 1/1st, Royal Horse and Royal Field Artillery. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 92 Field Ambulance, France,

France and Flanders, 26 February 1916 18 May 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/205/15 Will of S/2454 2454 Private James RUTHERFORD, 2nd Bn., Seaforth Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 11 Field Ambulance, Mailly-Maillet, France, France

and Flanders, 20 November 1915 31 May 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/207/4 Will of 3207 Private Robert Cowan THOMSON, 1st Bn.or 1/5th, Black Watch (Royal Highlanders). Cause of death: Died, No 25 Field Ambulance, France, France and

Flanders, 16 December 1915 c1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/217/16 Will of S/20479 20479 Private James GILLESPIE, 1st Bn., Queen's Own Cameron Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 141 Field Ambulance, France, France

and Flanders, 15 March 1916 21 Jan 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/239/22 Will of 16588 Sergeant Alexander HOUGHTON, 9th Bn., Royal Welch Fusiliers. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 58 Field Ambulance, France, France and Flanders, 3

April 1916 c1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/247/4 Will of 1422 Private Joseph PEDDIE, 1/5th Bn., Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders. Cause of death: Died, No 1 Canadian Field Ambulance, Mudros, Egypt., 26 October

1915 14 Apr 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/249/16 Will of 8067 Private Robert ROSS, 2nd Bn., Seaforth Highlanders. Cause of death: Killed in action, No 11 Field Ambulance, Armentieres, France, France and Flanders, 27

October 1914 21 Aug 1914 Open

Details

SC70/8/257/7 Will of 5033 Private Frank Dixon Cross, 1/7th, Liverpool Regiment. , No 1/3 West Lancashire Field Ambulance, France (17 April 1916 - 17 April 1916) 10 Feb 1916

Open

Details

SC70/8/266/2 Will of 12858 Private Samuel LITTLE, 11th Bn., Royal Scots (Lothian Regiment). Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 29 Field Ambulance, France and Flanders, 28 April

1916 11 May 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/282/18 Will of 20371 Lance Corporal Alexander HAY, formerly 8191 Cameron Highrs., Machine Gun Corps (Infantry). Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 60 Field Ambulance,

France and Flanders, 6 April 1916 c1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/307/61 Will of 134164 Sapper William McEwan, 57th Field Coy., Royal Engineers. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 90 Field Ambulance, France and Flanders, 3 July 1916

20 Apr 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/307/65 Will of 160 Driver Hector McMILLAN, or 9th, Royal Horse and Royal Field Artillery. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 27 Field Ambulance, France or Belgium, France and

Flanders, 16 July 1916 8 May 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/307/67 Will of 3620 Private Dugald McNAUGHT, 1/8th Bn., Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 13 Field Ambulance, France, France and

Flanders, 27 July 1916 13 Jun 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/311/2 Will of 2421 Private ROBERTSON or William Proctor ROBERTSON, 6th Bn., Seaforth Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 1/2 Highland Field Ambulance,

France, France and Flanders, 27 June 1916 c1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/312/16 Will of 4579 Private George Smith, 4th Bn.or 1/4th, Gordon Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 15 Field Ambulance, France, France and Flanders, 24 July

1916 25 May 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/318/11 Will of 2362 Sapper James DUNN, 1st Low. Field Coy., Royal Engineers. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 2 Field Ambulance, France and Flanders, 21 July 1916

c1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/318/12 Will of L/4024 A/Bdr William DUTHIE, or 69th, Royal Horse and Royal Field Artillery. Cause of death: Died, No 86 Field Ambulance, Salonika, Greece, Salonica., 7 July 1916

c1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/321/22 Will of 3211 Private Alexander GRAHAM, 4th Bn.or 1/4th, Seaforth Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 13 Field Ambulance, France, France and Flanders,

27 July 1916 17 Apr 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/335/5 Will of 12140 Private James WHITE, 1st Bn., Royal Dublin Fusiliers. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 87 Field Ambulance, France, France and Flanders, 9 June 1916

? Open

Details

SC70/8/338/14 Will of 3901 Private Philip BONNETT, 4th Bn.or 1/4th; attached 1/7th, Black Watch (Royal Highlanders). Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 2 Field Ambulance, France,

France and Flanders, 1 August 1916 6 Mar 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/339/21 Will of 7614 Gunner Robert CHALMERS, Royal Horse and Royal Field Artillery. Cause of death: Killed in action, No 100 Field Ambulance, France, France and Flanders, 20

August 1916 11 Aug 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/341/5 Will of 18759 Private EGAN or Joseph EGAN, 1st Bn., Cameronians (Scottish Rifles). Cause of death: Unknown, No 19 Field Ambulance, France, France., 20 July 1916

c1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/342/14 Will of 3105 Corporal John FALCONER, 7th Bn., Black Watch (Royal Highlanders). Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 13 Field Ambulance, France, France and Flanders,

28 July 1916 1 May 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/343/21 Will of 23/182 Private John GILLON, 19th Bn., Durham Light Infantry. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 28 Field Ambulance, France and Flanders, 15 July 1916 16

June 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/343/29 Will of 3017 Private Archibald GRAY, 1/6th Bn.or 6th, Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders. Cause of death: Died, No 2/1 Highland Field Ambulance, France, France and

Flanders, 17 May 1916 3 Feb 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/347/9 Will of 4478 Gunner John KERR, (T.F.)., Royal Horse and Royal Field Artillery. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 13 Field Ambulance, France or Belguim, France and

Flanders, 11 August 1916 c1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/348/7 Will of 2526 Lance Corporal John LANG, 1/8th Bn., Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 13 Field Ambulance, France, France and

Flanders, 28 July 1916 7 May 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/362/10 Will of 10604 Private William DICK, 2nd Bn., Royal Scots (Lothian Regiment). Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 96 Field Ambulance, France, France and Flanders, 15

July 1916 (18 July 1916 - 18 July 1916) 24 June 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/365/21 Will of 81241 Private Thomas HENDERSON, or 21st Field Ambulance, Royal Army Medical Corps. Cause of death: Killed in action, France, France and Flanders, 6

September 1916 2 Feb 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/370/12 Will of 1518 Private Charles McKENZIE, 6th Bn.or 1/6th, Black Watch (Royal Highlanders). Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 1/3 Field Ambulance, France, France and

Flanders, 31 August 1916 8 May 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/370/61 Will of 937 Corporal MUNRO or Roderick Scott MUNRO, 1st Bn., Seaforth Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 20 British Field Ambulance, Mesopotamia,

Persian Gulf., 6 June 1916 c1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/375/12 Will of 31715 Private George ROBB, or 35th Field Ambulance, Royal Army Medical Corps. Cause of death: Killed in action, France, France and Flanders, 14 September

1916 26 Dec 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/381/10 Will of 44205 Private William BAIRD, 7/8th Bn. formerly 2848 R. Scots., King's Own Scottish Borderers. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 47 Field Ambulance, France,

France and Flanders, 15 September 1916 18 Aug 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/382/8 Will of 44640 Sergeant Andrew CROOKSTON or William CROOKSTON, or 35th Field Ambulance, Royal Army Medical Corps. Cause of death: Killed in action, France, France

and Flanders, 26 September 1916 nd Open

Details

SC70/8/382/16 Will of T3/025227 13/025227 Sergeant Driver Alexander CANTLEY, or 28th, Royal Army Service Corps. Cause of death: Died, No 85 Field Ambulance, Salonika, Greece,

France and Flanders, 16 July 1918 (21 July 1916 - 21 July 1916) 2 Mar 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/383/8 Will of 16970 Private William DAVIS, 1st Bn., Highland Light Infantry. Cause of death: Died, Field Ambulance, Mesopotamia, Mesopotamia., 30 April 1916 c1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/392/23 Will of S/13888 13888 Lance Corporal James Alexander McGOWAN, M.M., 7th Bn., Queen's Own Cameron Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 47 Field

Ambulance, France, France and Flanders, 9 October 1916 28 Aug 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/392/99 Will of 83045 Private David MEIKLEJOHN or David B MEIKLEJOHN, or 17th Field Ambulance, Royal Army Medical Corps. Cause of death: Killed in action, France and

Flanders, 29 September 1916 4 June 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/397/24 Will of 2713 Private James STEIN, 2/10th Bn., Royal Scots (Lothian Regiment)or attached to 6/7th Royal Scots Fusiliers. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 45 Field

Ambulance, France, France and Flanders, 27 August 1916 18 Aug 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/397/45 Will of 24588 Private Charles STEWART, 8th Bn., Royal Welch Fusiliers. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 41 Field Ambulance, Mesopotamia, Mesopotamia., 22 April

1916 c1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/403/19 Will of 9882 Private Charles ALLARDICE, 2nd Bn., Queen's Own Cameron Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 32 Field Ambulance, Salonika., 30 September

1916 29 Sep 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/406/15 Will of 9880 Private DUNCAN or Archibald D DUNCAN, 5th Bn.or 1/5th; attached 10th, Cameronians (Scottish Rifles). Cause of death: Unknown, No 2/2 Northumbrian

Field Ambulance, France, France., 14 September 1916 1 Aug 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/408/45 Will of 30947 Private Adam FALCONER, 13th Bn., Royal Scots (Lothian Regiment). Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 2 Field Ambulance, France, France and Flanders,

16 September 1916 17 July 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/409/4 Will of 10767 Private Denis GUNN, 1st Bn., Royal Inniskilling Fusiliers. Cause of death: Killed in action, Advanced Dressing Station, No 87 Field Ambulance, France, France

and Flanders, 9 August 1916 31 May 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/409/24 Will of 3283 Lance Corporal William GOURLAY, 5th Bn.or 1/5th, Black Watch (Royal Highlanders). Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 132 Field Ambulance, France and

Flanders, 14 October 1916 30 Jul 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/409/32 Will of S/20959 20959 Private Peter GILLON, 2nd Bn., Queen's Own Cameron Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 81 Field Ambulance, Salonica., 3 October

1916 1 Aug 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/409/36 Will of S/10562 A/Cpl Lance Corporal Alexander GUNN, 1st Bn., Seaforth Highlanders. Cause of death: Died, No 19 British Field Ambulance, Filayieh, Mesopotamia, Persian

Gulf., 24 September 1916 7 Aug 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/413/18 Will of 22966 Private Leslie KNIGHT, 13th Bn., Royal Scots (Lothian Regiment). Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 2 Field Ambulance, France, France and Flanders, 16

September 1916 3 Apr 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/414/10 Will of 5650 Private John LENNOX, 1/6th Bn.or 6th, Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 13 Field Ambulance, France, France and

Flanders, 17 October 1916 25 Jul 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/415/5 Will of 15655 Private Andrew MOFFATT, 7/8th Bn., King's Own Scottish Borderers. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 47 Field Ambulance, France, France and

Flanders, 15 September 1916 1 Aug 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/415/47 Will of 31696 1696 Private Hugh McDADE, or 44th Field Ambulance, Royal Army Medical Corps. Cause of death: Killed in action, France, France and Flanders, 16

September 1916 20 Nov 1914 Open

Details

SC70/8/415/131 Will of 73881 Private William MILNE, or 113th Field Ambulance, Royal Army Medical Corps. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, France, France and Flanders, 16 December

1916 18 Jul 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/420/13 Will of 6024 Guardsman Private Robert RAEBURN, or 1st, Scots Guards. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 100 Field Ambulance, France, F. & F., 28 August 1916 (22

August 1916 - 22 August 1916) 8 Nov 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/421/7 Will of 2804 Private STRACHAN or Patrick A STRACHAN, 4th Bn.or 1/4th, Black Watch (Royal Highlanders). Cause of death: Killed in action, No 2 Field Ambulance,

France, France and Flanders, 3 September 1916 8 Aug 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/421/30 Will of 4296 Gunner David C Smith, Royal Garrison Artillery (T.F.) - Forth. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 4 Australian Field Ambulance, France or Belgium, France

and Flanders, 17 November 1916 26 Jun 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/421/40 Will of S/7234 Private William SMEATON, 1st Bn., Seaforth Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 3 Combined Field Ambulance, Orah, Mesopotamia, Persian

Gulf., 24 April 1916 31 May 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/421/50 Will of 222 Private Smith or John Ewan Smith, 5th Bn.or 1/5th, Cameronians (Scottish Rifles). Cause of death: Unknown, No 2 Field Ambulance, France, France., 16

September 1916 19 Jul 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/428/40 Will of 48881 Private John BAIRD, formerly 8154, A. & S.H., Machine Gun Corps (Infantry). Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 32 Field Ambulance, Salonika, Greece,

Salonika., 30 September 1916 29 Sep 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/428/48 Will of 81464 Private Andrew Brown, or 55 Field Ambulance, Royal Army Medical Corps. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 9 Casualty Clearing Hospital, France, France

and Flanders, 1 November 1916 10 Mar 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/429/12 Will of S/17340 Private Lance Corporal Robert CURRIE, 2nd Bn., Queen's Own Cameron Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 32 Field Ambulance, Salonica.,

30 September 1916 c1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/430/34 Will of 8233 Private Alexander DALTON, 5th Dragoon Guards (Princess Charlotte's Own)., . Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 55 Field Ambulance, Advanced Dressing

Station, France and Flanders, 31 October 1916 7 Aug 1914 Open

Details

SC70/8/435/1 Will of 43390 Private David IRVINE or David Alexander IRVINE, 2nd Bn., Royal Scots Fusiliers. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 36 Field Ambulance, France, France

and Flanders, 17 October 1916 9 Jul 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/439/3 Will of 3365 Private Michael McLAUGHLIN, 6th Bn.or 1/6th, Seaforth Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 13 Field Ambulance, France, France and Flanders,

27 July 1916 14 Jan 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/446/18 Will of 4965 Private William THOMPSON, or 33rd Field Ambulance, Royal Army Medical Corps. Cause of death: Killed in action, France, France and Flanders, 20 December

1916 27 Nov 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/452/24 Will of 20/1654 Private John BURLEY, 20th Bn. (Tyneside Scottish)., Northumberland Fusiliers. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 37 Field Ambulance, France or

Belguim, France and Flanders, 3 March 1917 8 Jan 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/454/26 Will of 13108 Guardsman Private William DUNCAN, or 1st, Scots Guards. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 9 Field Ambulance, France, France and Flanders, 13

December 1916 4 Oct 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/454/30 Will of 1680 Private Robert DUNCAN, (T.F.).or 3/3rd Lowland Field Ambulance, Royal Army Medical Corps. Cause of death: Died, No 2 Scottish General Hospital,

Edinburgh, Home., 1 January 1917 c1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/454/40 Will of 81244 Private William DICK, or 101st Field Ambulance, Royal Army Medical Corps. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, France and Flanders, 8 November 1916 25

Jan 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/463/55 Will of 1449 Private Robert McKENZIE, 6th Bn., Seaforth Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 1/2 Highland Field Ambulance, France, France and Flanders,

31 August 1916 26 July 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/469/51 Will of 113599 Corporal STEWART or George Thomson STEWART, 3rd Bn. Spec. Bde., Royal Engineers. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 3 New Zealand Field

Ambulance, France and Flanders, 9 November 1916 29 Sep 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/475/1 Will of M2/134316 Private Lawrence ALLAN, Royal Army Service Corps. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 46 Field Ambulance, France and Flanders, 29 January 1917

18 Apr 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/481/5 Will of 81117 Private Thomas GARDNER, or 50th Field Ambulance, RAMCs, Royal Army Medical Corps. Cause of death: Died, France and Flanders, 10 March 1917 18

Jul 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/487/19 Will of 78176 Gunner Douglas MORGAN, or 168th Siege Battery, Royal Garrison Artillery. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, Main Dressing Station, No 3/1 West Lancashire

Field Ambulance, Belgium, France and Flanders, 31 December 1916 27 Sep 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/487/58 Will of M2/032195 Private John Munro, attached to 11th Field Ambulance, Army Service Corps. , France (19 November 1916 - 19 November 1916) 16 May 1915

Open

Details

SC70/8/493/16 Will of 1479 Private Peter Smith, (T.F.).or 1/1st Brigade, Highland M Bde, Field Ambulance, Royal Army Medical Corps. Cause of death: Died, Gava [Gaza?], Egypt., 27

January 1917 16 Oct 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/499/8 Will of 139413 Corporal John CAMPBELL, M.M., 252nd Tunn. Coy., formerly 7828, Cameron Highrs., Royal Engineers. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 23 Field

Ambulance, France, France and Flanders, 18 April 1917 27 Jun 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/508/8 Will of 345438 Gunner Robert Brown MURRAY, Royal Garrison Artillery (T.F.) - Forth. Cause of death: Died, No 25 Field Ambulance, France or Belgium, France and

Flanders, 3 March 1917 26 Jun 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/512/11 Will of 8411 Private James Thomas THOMSON, 1/4th Bn., King's Own Scottish Borderers. Cause of death: Died, No 2 Lowland Field Ambulance, Egypt., 31 January 1917

20 Oct 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/513/1 Will of 22876 Private George Young, 6th Bn.or (S), King's Own Scottish Borderers. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 28 Field Ambulance, France, France and

Flanders, 9 April 1917 2 Jul 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/515/26 Will of 267620 Private James BANNERMAN, 6th Bn.or 1/6th, Seaforth Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 1/3 Highland Field Ambulance, France, France and

Flanders, 9 April 1917 9 Dec 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/515/39 Will of 631332 Driver Robert BROWNING, (T.F.).or D/14 Battery, att. To 14 Brigade RHA, RFA, Royal Horse and Royal Field Artillery. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No

12 Field Ambulance, France, France and Flanders, 2 May 1917 c1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/515/40 Will of 12262 Private John BLACK, 6/7th Bn., Royal Scots Fusiliers. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 37 Field Ambulance, France, France and Flanders, 9 April 1917

16 Mar 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/517/15 Will of 30508 Private Archibald DOUGLAS, or 8th Field Ambulance, RAMC, Royal Army Medical Corps. Cause of death: Killed in action, France, France and Flanders, 3 May

1917 c1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/519/13 Will of 635702 Sergeant John FORBES, (T.F.)., Royal Horse and Royal Field Artillery. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 1/3 (Highland) Field Ambulance, France or

Belgium, France and Flanders, 22 April 1917 14 Aug 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/520/1 Will of 158291 Sapper Adam GILLESPIE, 257th Tunn. Coy., Royal Engineers. Cause of death: Died, No 2/1 London Field Ambulance, France and Flanders, 1 March 1917

7 Jul 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/527/9 Will of 13686 Private Thomas NAPIER, 15th Bn., Highland Light Infantry. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 92 Field Ambulance, France, France and Flanders, 3 April

1917 11 Dec 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/527/10 Will of 90282 Private Hugh NINIAN, or 42nd Field Ambulance, Royal Army Medical Corps. Cause of death: Killed in action, France, France and Flanders, 9 April 1917 5

Mar 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/537/32 Will of 650165 Gunner David BORTHWICK, (T.F.)., Royal Horse and Royal Field Artillery. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 69 Field Ambulance, France, France and

Flanders, 11 June 1917 c1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/537/44 Will of 761 Guardsman Private Brown or Alexander M Brown, 4th Bn. formerly 11631 Scots Guards., Guards Machine Gun Regimentor Guards Machine Gun Corps. Cause of

death: Died of Wounds, No 60 Field Ambulance, France, France and Flanders, 9 March 1917 6 Apr 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/541/3 Will of 266910 Private James FRASER, 6th Bn., Gordon Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, Collecting Post 1/3 HFA [Highland Field Ambulance?] France, France

and Flanders, 10 April 1917 6 Apr 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/541/17 Will of 332403 Acting Lance Corporal Private Robert D FORSYTH, 9th Bn. (T.)., Highland Light Infantry. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 55 Field Ambulance, France,

France and Flanders, 22 May 1917 17 Jan 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/553/30 Will of 90349 Private David ROSE, or 34th Field Ambulance, Royal Army Medical Corps. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, France, France and Flanders, 27 May 1917

1 Jan 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/559/28 Will of 48462 Private Sinclair AITKEN, 9th Bn. formerly 52703 T. Reserves., Northumberland Fusiliers. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 87 Field Ambulance, France,

France and Flanders, 24 April 1917 18 Feb 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/564/22 Will of 88388 Private Andrew FRASER, or 80th Field Ambulance, Royal Army Medical Corps. Cause of death: Killed in action, Salonika, Greece, Salonika., 9 May 1917

25 Dec 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/571/11 Will of 202379 Acting Lance Corporal Acting Corporal John James McLAREN, 1/5th Bn., Royal Scots Fusiliers. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 1/3 Lowland Field

Ambulance, Gaza, Palestine., 5 June 1917 19 Dec 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/571/46 Will of 88362 Private James McLEAN, or 138th Field Ambulance, Royal Army Medical Corps. Cause of death: Killed in action, France, France and Flanders, 17 June 1917

14 Nov 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/571/82 Will of 16374 Private Peter McCULLOCH, 1st Bn., Princess Victoria's (Royal Irish Fusiliers). Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 27 Field Ambulance, France, France and

Flanders, 14 April 1917 14 Jul 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/572/3 Will of 303355 Private Robert NIVEN, (T.F.).or 3/2nd Highland Field Ambulance, Royal Army Medical Corps. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 2 Northern General

Hospital, Leeds, Yorkshire, Home., 14 June 1917 8 Aug 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/576/14 Will of M2/052698 Private John Massie ROBERTSON, or att 1/1st South Midland Field Ambulance, Royal Army Service Corps. Cause of death: Died, Rouen, France, France

and Flanders, 15 June 1917 (16 June 1917 - 16 June 1917) 13 Apr 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/579/23 Will of 31332 Private Alexander Niddrie WAUGH, 2nd Bn., Royal Scots (Lothian Regiment). Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 87 Field Ambulance, France, France and

Flanders, 24 April 1917 29 Oct 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/582/8 Will of S/41020 Private Robert BRYANT, 6th Bn. formerly S/18167 R. High.or 1/6th, Seaforth Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 1/3 Highland Field

Ambulance, Belgium, France and Flanders, 7 July 1917 16 Mar 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/587/25 Will of 33340 Private Robert GIBB, 15th Bn. formerly 3/16161 Royal Highrs., Highland Light Infantry. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 9 Field Ambulance, France and

Flanders, 22 July 1917 4 Oct 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/593/90 Will of 62857 Driver Harry McLEOD, Royal Horse and Royal Field Artillery. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 20 British Field Ambulance, Mesopotamia., 23 April 1917

15 Sep 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/598/9 Will of 43633 Corporal Laurence Moyes SMEATON, Royal Horse and Royal Field Artillery. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 46 Field Ambulance, France, France and

Flanders, 3 August 1917 5 Aug 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/601/3 Will of 352480 Private Reginald WEST, 9th Bn., Royal Scots (Lothian Regiment). Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 1/3 Highland Field Ambulance, France, France and

Flanders, 10 April 1917 3 Jan 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/609/19 Will of S/15640 Private George GIBSON, 2nd Bn., Black Watch (Royal Highlanders). Cause of death: Died, No 127 Combined Field Ambulance, Persian Gulf., 21-23 Jul

1917 21 July 1917 (21 July 1917 - 23 July 1917) 25 Nov 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/615/52 Will of 671058 Gunner William MACAULAY, (T.F.).or B Battery, 155th Bde, RFA, Royal Horse and Royal Field Artillery. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 134 Field

Ambulance, France, France and Flanders, 29 July 1917 23 Dec 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/628/79 Will of 307141 Private Peter Brown, 2/8th Bn., formerly 2336, Royal Scots., Royal Warwickshire Regiment. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 1/2 East Lancashire Field

Ambulance, France or Belgium, France and Flanders, 6 September 1917 8 Jul 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/629/18 Will of 73035 Private John COLLINS, or 133rd Field Ambulance, Royal Army Medical Corps. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, France or Belgium, France and Flanders, 26

September 1917 17 Jul 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/629/72 Will of 84130 Private Eric Cooper, 9th Field Ambulance, Royal Army Medical Corps. , France (18 October 1917 - 18 October 1917) 18 Jul 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/633/24 Will of 43878 Sergeant Acting Sergeant Alexander GIBSON, 16th Bn. formerly 18660 H.L.I., Royal Scots (Lothian Regiment). Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 103

Field Ambulance, France and Flanders, 27 April 1917 23 Jul 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/639/46 Will of 266445 Private John MONAGHAN alias Daniel Thomas, 6th Bn., Seaforth Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 1/3 Highland Field Ambulance, France,

France and Flanders, 12 April 1917 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/644/8 Will of 36777 Sergeant Andrew RENNIE, Royal Horse and Royal Field Artillery. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 55 Field Ambulance, Belgium, France and Flanders, 23

July 1917 9 Jul 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/649/26 Will of 402024 Sergeant John WALKER, 404th Field Coy., Royal Engineers. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 33 Field Ambulance, Belgium, France and Flanders, 15

August 1917 1 May 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/651/2 Will of 75980 Sergeant Sapper Andrew ADAMSON, A.T. Cable Sect., Royal Engineers. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 1 Australian Field Ambulance, Belgium, France

and Flanders, 9 September 1917 23 Mar 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/652/1 Will of 129732 Gunner William Brown, or 189th Siege Battery, Royal Garrison Artillery. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 15 Field Ambulance, France or Belgium, France

and Flanders, 23 October 1917 30 Apr 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/652/71 Will of S/13773 Private James Goddard BRYDEN, 1st Bn., Seaforth Highlanders. Cause of death: Died, No 128 Combined Field Ambulance, Mesopotamia, Persian Gulf, 19

July 1917 17 Nov 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/656/1 Will of 121391 Gunner Alfred Ernest FERGUS, or 325th Battery, Royal Garrison Artillery. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 91 Field Ambulance, France and Flanders, 26

July 1917 20 Jul 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/656/8 Will of L/6778 6778 Gunner James FRASER, D.C.M., Royal Horse and Royal Field Artillery. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 33 Field Ambulance, No 18 Corps Main

Dressing Station, France or Belgium, France and Flanders, 30 September 1917 17 Aug 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/658/26 Will of 301088 Private John Catto HAY, (T.F.).or 1/2nd Highland Field Ambulance, Royal Army Medical Corps. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, France and Flanders, 21

October 1917 23 Nov 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/663/24 Will of 412828 Sapper Alexander MARSHALL, 38th Div. Signal Coy., Royal Engineers. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 131 Field Ambulance, France or Belgium, France

and Flanders, 7 September 1917 c1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/663/139 Will of 92022 Private Hugh McLEMAN, or 14th Field Ambulance, Royal Army Medical Corps. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, France, France and Flanders, 16 November

1917 14 Mar 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/668/23 Will of 325022 Company Sergeant Major John Cardross STEWART, 11th Bn., Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 47 Field Ambulance,

France, France and Flanders, 20 October 1917 3 Dec 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/670/27 Will of 2020 2022 Acting Lance Corporal George Alexander WALLACE, or 9th Field Ambulance, Royal Army Medical Corps. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 61

Casualty Clearing Station, Belgium, France and Flanders, 18 October 1917 24 Aug 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/670/40 Will of 45234 Sapper James WARRINGTON, 94th Field Coy., Royal Engineers. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 59 Field Ambulance, Belgium, France and Flanders, 13

October 1917 8 Feb 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/677/18 Will of 97254 Driver FLEMING or William G FLEMING, Royal Horse and Royal Field Artillery. Cause of death: Died, No 150 Combined Field Ambulance, Mesopotamia., 22 July

1917 19 Feb 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/694/3 Will of 301927 Private Robert Yuill, 2nd Bn., Royal Scots (Lothian Regiment). Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 7 Field Ambulance, Belgium, France and Flanders, 29

September 1917 21 Sep 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/700/2 Will of T4/092078 Driver John EDGAR, or 8th Field Ambulance, Royal Army Service Corps. Cause of death: Died, Deccaw War Hospital, Poona, India, India., 11 January

1917 6 Nov 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/713/46 Will of 23251 Private James SHEARER, 2nd Bn., Royal Scots (Lothian Regiment). Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 7 Field Ambulance, Belgium, France and Flanders,

29 September 1917 21 Mar 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/715/30 Will of 15143 Lance Corporal Norman Wills McGlashan WALLACE or Norman Wills McFarlane WALLACE, or 1st, Scots Guards. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 4 Field

Ambulance, France, France and Flanders, 27 November 1917 17 Oct 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/715/33 Will of 121150 Gunner James Wishart, Royal Garrison Artillery. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 101 Field Ambulance, France, France and Flanders, 1 December 1917

28 Jul 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/718/39 Will of 81469 Private Thomas Brown, or 56th Field Ambulance, Royal Army Medical Corps. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 12 Casualty Clearing Station, Belgium,

France and Flanders, 30 October 1917 27 Jan 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/724/12 Will of 200196 Private William HOWAT, 1/4th Bn., Royal Scots Fusiliers. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 1/3 Lowland Field Ambulance, Palestine, Palestine., 14

November 1917 24 May 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/729/20 Will of 12319 Private Henry McLAUGHLIN, 2nd Bn., Highland Light Infantry. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 6 Field Ambulance, France, France and Flanders, 29

September 1917 25 Jan 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/736/1 Will of 200473 Sergeant Robert TWEEDIE, 5th Bn. (T.).or 1/5th, Highland Light Infantry. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 32 Field Ambulance, Palestine, Egypt., 3

December 1917 24 May 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/738/12 Will of 201621 Private William WEBSTER, 4/5th Bn., Black Watch (Royal Highlanders). Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 132 Field Ambulance, France, France and

Flanders, 22 February 1918 c1918 Open

Details

SC70/8/746/14 Will of L/4159 Driver James GOODFELLOW, Royal Horse and Royal Field Artillery. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 12 Australian Field Ambulance, France and Flanders,

28 March 1918 5 Jan 1918 Open

Details

SC70/8/752/27 Will of 201576 Private William C McKAY, 5th Bn. (T.)., Highland Light Infantry. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 1/2 Lowland Field Ambulance, Egypt., 9 November

1917 25 Jun 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/759/17 Will of S/7606 Private Robert Williams, 2nd Bn., Black Watch (Royal Highlanders). Cause of death: Died, No 19 C ? Field Ambulance, Akab, Mesopotamia, Persian Gulf., 13

December 1917 c1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/761/11 Will of 351075 Private William Ferrier ALLAN, 17th Bn.or 7th, Royal Scots (Lothian Regiment). Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 105 Field Ambulance, France, France

and Flanders, 27 March 1918 20 Dec 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/763/26 Will of 412332 Sapper Alexander CALDER, 90th Field Coy., Royal Engineers. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 15 Australian Field Ambulance, Belgium, France and

Flanders, 25 October 1917 10 Nov 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/785/10 Will of 202516 Private Archibald Brown, 4th Bn.or 1/4th, Royal Scots (Lothian Regiment). Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 1/1 Low Field Ambulance, Palestine,

Egypt., 13 November 1917 (13 November 1917 - 13 November 1917) 26 Mar 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/798/14 Will of 40598 Private Benjamin PRICE, 7/8th Bn. formerly 3251 H.L.I., King's Own Scottish Borderers. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 46 Field Ambulance, France,

France and Flanders, 27 May 1918 18 April 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/808/31 Will of 2166 Private William BIRD, 16th Bn., Highland Light Infantry. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 107 Field ambulance, France, France and Flanders, 15 April 1917

13 Aug 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/815/6 Will of 402896 Sapper David JACK, 400th Field Coy., Royal Engineers. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 21 South Midland Field Ambulance, France, France and

Flanders, 26 April 1918 30 Sep 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/818/15 Will of 265385 Sergeant Duncan Menzies McARTHUR, 6th Bn.or 1/6th, Black Watch (Royal Highlanders). Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 1/3 Highland Field

Ambulance, France, France and Flanders, 28 May 1918 26 June 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/836/10 Will of 201274 Private John GRANT, 1/5th Bn., Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 1/1 Lowland Field Ambulance, Palestine, Egypt.,

27 November 1917 27 Jan 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/837/25 Will of 325139 Private Robert HOPGOOD, 1/6th Bn.or 1/4th, Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 15 Field Ambulance, Bethune,

France, France and Flanders, 1 August 1918 4 May 1918 Open

Details

SC70/8/842/49 Will of S/18594 Private John Ritchie McARTHUR, 5th Bn., Queen's Own Cameron Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 1 South African Field Ambulance,

France, France and Flanders, 19 July 1918 23 Dec 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/862/3 Will of 265131 Sergeant James JOHNSTON, 6th Bn.or 1/6th, Gordon Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 1/2 Highland Field Ambulance, France, France and

Flanders, 23 July 1918 3 June 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/882/13 Will of S/25179 Private John FRASER, 6th Bn. formerly TR/1/14962 T.R., Seaforth Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 1/2 Highland Field Ambulance,

France, France and Flanders, 21 July 1918 15 June 1918 Open

Details

SC70/8/886/11 Will of S/42459 42459 Private David JACK, 1st Bn., Gordon Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 7 Field Ambulance, France and Flanders, 23 August 1918

15 June 1918 Open

Details

SC70/8/897/2 Will of 671244 Gunner John Wilson, Royal Field Artillery. , No 1/2 Field Ambulance, France or Belguim (27 August 1918 - 27 August 1918) 6 Sep 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/897/5 Will of 412387 Sapper Alexander Wilson, 409th Field Coy., Royal Engineers. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 141 Field Ambulance, France, France and Flanders, 18

September 1918 28 Sep 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/899/5 Will of 422522 Sapper Robert ARTHUR, 201st Field Coy., Royal Engineers. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 97 Field Ambulance, Belgium, France and Flanders, 13

October 1918 (13 October 1918 - 13 October 1918) 10 April 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/912/6 Will of 514481 Private George Marshall NESS, 14th (County of London) Bn. (London Scottish)., Honourable Artillery Company (Infantry). The London Regiment. Inns of

Court Officers Training Corps. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 2 Lowland Field Ambulance, France, France and Flanders, 24 August 1918 26 Mar 1918 Open

Details

SC70/8/928/8 Will of 126041 Gunner Thomas Adam FRATER, Royal Horse and Royal Field Artillery. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 49 Field Ambulance, France and Flanders, 30

September 1918 26 Sep 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/928/29 Will of 140397. Private Alexander FINLAYSON, formerly S/13246, Seaforth High., Machine Gun Corps (Infantry). Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 46 Field Ambulance,

France and Flanders, 24 July 1918 12 Sep 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/935/10 Will of 278938 Private Robert Hart McGOVAN, 1/7th Bn., Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 1/2 Field Ambulance, France, France

and Flanders, 13 October 1918 12 Nov 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/952/8 Will of S/18167 Private James Robert FISHER, M.M., 5th Bn., Queen's Own Cameron Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 89 Field Ambulance, France,

France and Flanders, 15 October 1918 25 Nov 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/959/65 Will of 120432 Private Peter McFARLANE, formerly 11780 Scot. Rif., Machine Gun Corps (Infantry). Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 5 Field Ambulance, France,

France and Flanders, 8 October 1918 c1918 Open

Details

SC70/8/985/1 Will of 41569 Private RAMSAY or Robert Lawson RAMSAY, 2nd Bn., Royal Scots Fusiliers. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 27 Field Ambulance, France, France and

Flanders, 25 October 1918 24 Oct 1918 O

On the train on the way home last night I came across a clear example of the division/section ambiguity I mentioned in the above posts.

9th May 1915 - Battle of Aubers Rdige

Not the best know action of the war (speaking for myself at least) but one the 1st Division was involved in along with their three ambulances. A marginal note indicates source of a report transcribed into the diary:

Report by Capt ROBINSON. RAMC

OC Bearer Division No 1 F Ambce

with Lieuts EBDEN & MARTIN

LIEUT McCURDIE was in charge of the motor ambulances

Sergt BUTLER. Senior NCO in charge and 72 bearers.

This seems to me to be a group made up of most (or all) bearers in the unit, not an individual section. This is the kind of context where Division seems to refer to something that crosses Sections.

Cheers,

John Harrop

This is what I meant by the sections be an administrative grouping of the unit, while the divisions (or sub-divisions) were functional or 'operational' groups.

Hi John

My understanding is that a Field Ambulance was divided into 3 sections, known as A Section, B Section, and C Section, but each section formed it's own company which was divided into 2 sub-divisions - the Tent Division and the Bearer Division.

Therefore, when talking about a specific Field Ambulance but referring to one of it's sections - the Section is termed Section A, B, or C. But when talking about a specific section and what formed the Section as an individual unit - the Section is termed Company.

The same, I think, can be said of the sub-divisions. When talking about the 'Tent' and 'Bearer' Divisons within a section they are Divisions but when talking about them in the context of a whole Field Ambulance they are termed sub-divisions.

As I said though, this is only my understanding and of course I could be wrong. The only text that I can find at the moment is what my father put together, which I posted, But I'll keep a look out for documented evidence that proves or disproves my understanding. Unless someone else can confirm or dispute it.

My father put this together as an overview to send out to people who where querying their relatives role within the RAMC and wanted to know more about the chain of evacuation. I would quess that where he has used the term 'normally', he means that this is what usually happened or was suppose to happen but he had read accounts where it was different. Also, it is not something that he published so I am not sure how you would reference it but it is his work, so thank you for saying you will acknowledge that. I'll send you a PM with his personal details then you can reference it the way you want to.

Barbara

BJay / Pete mainly for your interest , Casualty Clearing Station Deats extracted from wills held at NAS.

Text file is 150kb and too big to put here but PM me for a copy -I have posted the list in two parts so members can search for individual men - John

Details

SC70/8/33/1 Will of S/10689 Private William FRASER, 1st Bn., Queen's Own Cameron Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of

Wounds, No 1 Casualty Clearing Station, Chocques, France and Flanders, 1 February 1915 c1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/52/15 Will of 1530 Lance Corporal Lawrence CHALMERS, 6th Bn.or 8th, Royal Scots (Lothian Regiment). Cause of death:

Killed in action, No 1 Casualty Clearing Station, Bethune, France, France and Flanders, 14 March 1915 (13 March 1915 - 13

March 1915) c1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/60/4 Will of 10106 Private James KEARNEY, 1st Bn., Connaught Rangers. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 1

Casualty Clearing Station, Chocques, France and Flanders, 13 March 1915 5 Aug 1914 Open

Details

SC70/8/67/39 Will of 645 Private SHARKEY or William J deTimes SHARKEY, 1st Bn., Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders. Cause

of death: Died of Wounds, No 3 Casualty Clearing Station, Poperinghe, France and Flanders, 21 April 1915 (28 April 1915 - 28

April 1915) 18 Dec 1914 Open

Details

SC70/8/71/3 Will of 9910 Private George ANDERSON, 2nd Bn., Seaforth Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 10

Casualty Clearing Station, Hazebrouck, France and Flanders, 27 April 1915 (28 April 1915 - 28 April 1915) 20 Aug 1914

Open

Details

SC70/8/71/7 Will of 10110 Lance Corporal William Charles AXON, 1st Bn., Royal Scots Fusiliers. Cause of death: Killed in

action, No 8 Casualty Clearing Station, Bailleul, France and Flanders, 27 October 1914 26 Sep 1914 Open

Details

SC70/8/74/15 Will of 2646 Private DUNCAN or John L DUNCAN, 5th Bn.or 1/5th, Black Watch (Royal Highlanders). Cause of

death: Killed in action, No 7 Casualty Clearing Station, Merville, France, France and Flanders, 10 May 1915 8 Mar 1915

Open

Details

SC70/8/78/8 Will of 1959 Private Harry HUTCHISON, 5th Bn.or 1/5th, Black Watch (Royal Highlanders). Cause of death: Died

of Wounds, No 7 Casualty Clearing Station, Merville, France, France and Flanders, 10 May 1915 18 Feb 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/93/21 Will of 30349 Corporal Herbert James Watson, Royal Engineers. , No 1 Canadian Casualty Clearing Station (16

May 1915 - 16 May 1915) 21 Mar 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/96/27 Will of 2060 Sapper William BURKE, 1st Low. Field Coy., Royal Engineers. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 1

Casualty Clearing Station, France and Flanders, 4 March 1915 c1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/98/2 Will of 1145 Private William DOCHERTY, 1/6th Bn., Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of

Wounds, No 2 Clearing Station, France and Flanders, 2 June 1915 c1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/101/17 Will of 2292 Private Alexander GRANT, 2nd Bn., Royal Scots (Lothian Regiment). Cause of death: Died of

Wounds, No 8 Casualty Clearing Station, France and Flanders, 2 April 1915 c1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/106/2 Will of A/7429 7429 Private LAIRD or James LAIRD, 2nd Bn., Cameronians (Scottish Rifles). Cause of death:

Unknown, No 7 Casualty Clearing Station, Merville, France, France., 30 June 1915 (29 June 1915 - 29 June 1915) c1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/107/20 Will of 16647 Private R MILROY, 9th Bn., Cameronians (Scottish Rifles). Cause of death: Unknown, No 1

Casualty Clearing Station, France., 14 July 1915 21 May 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/107/22 Will of 1000 Private Lance Corporal John MUNRO, 2nd Bn., Seaforth Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of

Wounds, No 10 Casualty Clearing Station, Hazebrouck, France and Flanders, 4 May 1915 (5 May 1915 - 5 May 1915) 8 Aug 1915

Open

Details

SC70/8/107/36 Will of 3520 Sergeant W McLellan, 2nd, South Lancashire Regiment. , No 10 Casualty Clearing Station (30 June

1915 - 30 June 1915) 6 Apr 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/107/45 Will of 1973 Private John MILNE, 5th Bn.or 1/5th, Royal Scots (Lothian Regiment). Cause of death: Died of

Wounds, No 11 Casualty Clearing Station, Gallipoli, Turkey, Gallipoli., 28 May 1915 25 Apr 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/107/60 Will of 10284 Private M McHUGH, 2nd Bn., Cameronians (Scottish Rifles). Cause of death: Unknown, No 6

Casualty Clearing Station, Merville, France, France., 11 March 1915 c1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/107/76 Will of 3904 Lance Corporal James McMURTIE, 2nd Bn., Seaforth Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No

2 Casualty Clearing Station, Bailleue, France and Flanders, 28 June 1915 8 May 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/107/133 Will of 12636 Private John MILLER, 2nd Bn., Royal Scots Fusiliers. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, Highland

Casualty Clearing Station, France and Flanders, 17 June 1915 c1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/107/176 Will of 3/6473 Private James MILLER, 2nd Bn., Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of

Wounds, No 7 Casualty Clearing Station, France and Flanders, 25 July 1915 2 Jan 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/112/8 Will of 6228 Private James ROBERTSON, 1st Bn., Queen's Own Cameron Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of

Wounds, No 1 Casualty Clearing Station, Chocques, France and Flanders, 11 May 1915 c1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/112/13 Will of 2271 Private George ROSS, 5th Bn., Black Watch (Royal Highlanders). Cause of death: Died of Wounds,

No 6 Casualty Clearing Station, Merville, France, France and Flanders, 8 May 1915 13 Dec 1914 Open

Details

SC70/8/112/14 Will of 16243 Private John RICHARDSON, 1st Bn., Royal Scots (Lothian Regiment). Cause of death: Died of

Wounds, No 2 Casualty Clearing Station, France and Flanders, 25 June 1915 24 May 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/112/17 Will of 959 Lance Corporal Acting Corporal Alexander ROSS, 2nd Bn., Seaforth Highlanders. Cause of death:

Died of Wounds, No 2 Casualty Clearing Station, Bailleue, France and Flanders, 4 May 1915 6 Aug 1914 Open

Details

SC70/8/113/64 Will of 17321 Private STODDART or Thomas Duncan STODDART, 9th Bn., Cameronians (Scottish Rifles). Cause of

death: Unknown, No 1 Casualty Clearing Station, Chocques, France., 7 August 1915 21 May 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/113/65 Will of 2699 Private James SIM, 2nd Bn., Royal Scots (Lothian Regiment). Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No

10 Casualty Clearing Station, France and Flanders, 28 July 1915 17 Nov 1914 Open

Details

SC70/8/114/16 Will of 7126 Lance Corporal John THOMSON, 2nd Bn., Queen's Own Cameron Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of

Wounds, No 2 Casualty Clearing Station, France and Flanders, 2 May 1915 1 Jan 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/116/22 Will of 16402 Private Wright or John Wright, 9th Bn.or (S), Cameronians (Scottish Rifles). Cause of death:

Unknown, No 1 Casualty Clearing Station, France., 22 July 1915 12 Jul 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/121/4 Will of 15911 Private William DUNCAN, 2nd Bn., Royal Scots Fusiliers. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, West

Casualty Clearing Station, France and Flanders, 30 August 1915 c1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/123/7 Will of 2414 Private Charles FETTES, 4th Bn., Gordon Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, Casualty

Clearing Station, Abeele, France and Flanders, 21 July 1915 24 Jan 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/125/38 Will of 12383 Guardsman Private Murray HUNTER, or 1st, Scots Guards. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 8

Casualty Clearing Station, Lillers, France and Flanders, 17 July 1915 24 Jun 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/129/11 Will of 1824 Private James LOW, 4th Bn.or 1/4th, Gordon Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 3

Casualty Clearing Station, Bailleue, France and Flanders, 17 June 1915 c1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/129/20 Will of 6276 Private John LAVERY, 2nd Bn., Princess Victoria's (Royal Irish Fusiliers). Cause of death: Died

of Wounds, No 8 Casualty Clearing Station, France and Flanders, 16 April 1915 c1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/130/9 Will of 232 Drummer Thomas MARSHALL, 1/6th Bn., Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of

Wounds, No 5 Casualty Clearing Station, Corbie, France, France and Flanders, 5 August 1915 1 May 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/130/126 Will of 1370 Private Michael MANNING, 6th Bn.or 1/6th, Black Watch (Royal Highlanders). Cause of death: Died

of Wounds, No 5 Casualty Clearing Station, Corbie, France, France and Flanders, 13 August 1915 1 May 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/135/24 Will of 1416 Private John Yorkston STUART, 4th Bn.or 1/4th, Royal Scots (Lothian Regiment). Cause of death:

Died of Wounds, No 11 Casualty Clearing Station, Gallipoli, Turkey, Gallipoli., 21 June 1915 20 Apr 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/135/39 Will of 9920 Private George SINCLAIR, 5th Bn., Queen's Own Cameron Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of

Wounds, No 1 Casualty Clearing Station, France and Flanders, 28 September 1915 c1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/139/4 Will of 16 Sergeant WATT or Edmund Baird Patterson WATT, 1st Bn., Seaforth Highlanders. Cause of death: Died

of Wounds, No 7 Casualty Clearing Station, France and Flanders, 13 August 1915 17 Jul 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/139/29 Will of 13019 Lance Sergeant Robert Wood, 12th Bn., Royal Scots (Lothian Regiment). Cause of death: Died of

Wounds, No 1 Casualty Clearing Station, Chocques, France and Flanders, 26 September 1915 3 Mar 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/141/37 Will of 2670 Private James ALLAN, 4th Bn., Black Watch (Royal Highlanders). Cause of death: Died of Wounds,

No 7 Casualty Clearing Station, France and Flanders, 30 October 1915 5 Mar 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/143/43 Will of 1420 Private James CAMERON, 4th Bn.or 1/4th, Gordon Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No

10 Casualty Clearing Station, France and Flanders, 23 October 1915 6 Sep 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/143/114 Will of 6911 Private Hugh CARROLL, 2nd Bn., Royal Scots Fusiliers. Cause of death: Killed in action, 1/1

South Midland Casualty Clearing Station, [France], France and Flanders, 26 September 1915 23 Sep 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/144/3 Will of 3343 Rifleman Private John DAVIES, 6th Bn., Royal Irish Rifles. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 15

Casualty Clearing Station, Anzac, Gallipoli, Turkey, Gallipoli., 10 August 1915 21 Jul 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/144/46 Will of 20462 Private George DUNCAN, 1st Bn., Royal Scots (Lothian Regiment). Cause of death: Died, No 7

Casualty Clearing Station, Merville, France, France and Flanders, 25 August 1915 3 May 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/146/1 Will of T/23787 23787 Driver Robert FARRELL, Royal Army Service Corps. Cause of death: Died, No 11 Casualty

Clearing Station, Mudros, France and Flanders, 26 June 1915 (26 June 1915 - 26 June 1915) 21 May 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/146/18 Will of 15964 Private Charles Anderson FLINN, 2nd Bn., Royal Dublin Fusiliers. Cause of death: Died of

Wounds, No 8 Casualty Clearing Station, France and Flanders, 25 May 1915 15 May 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/148/52 Will of 8964 Guardsman Private Francis HILDRETH, or 2nd, Scots Guards. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 6

Casualty Clearing Station, Merville, France, France and Flanders, 29 October 1915 c1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/152/11 Will of 3777 Private Edward LOURIE, 2nd Bn., Highland Light Infantry. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 18

Casualty Clearing Station, France and Flanders, 2 October 1915 c1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/153/55 Will of 8223 Lance Corporal McCULLY or James McCULLY, 1st Bn., Cameronians (Scottish Rifles). Cause of death:

Unknown, No 1 Casualty Clearing Station, Chocques, France., 27 September 1915 c1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/153/195 Will of 16966 Private John MORAN, 2nd Bn., Royal Scots (Lothian Regiment). Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No

17 Casualty Clearing Station, France and Flanders, 3 October 1915 c1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/153/236 Will of 3138 Private James Morrison,

1/8th, Durham Light Infantry. , No 3 Casualty Clearing Station, Bailleul (24 June 1915 - 24 June 1915) 22 Apr 1915

Open

Details

SC70/8/153/286 Will of 92830 Gunner John MADDEN, Royal Horse and Royal Field Artillery. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No

17 Casualty Clearing Station, France and Flanders, 9 November 1915 c1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/160/29 Will of S/3062 Private Matthew TRUEMAN, 9th Bn., Gordon Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 18

Casualty Clearing Station, France and Flanders, 24 October 1915 26 Apr 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/163/43 Will of 18363 Private William Wood, 12th Bn., Highland Light Infantry. Cause of death: Died, No 23 Casualty

Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 31 October 1915 26 July 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/167/6 Will of S/16426 16426 Lance Corporal Peter CAMPBELL, 6th Bn., Queen's Own Cameron Highlanders. Cause of

death: Died of Wounds, No 18 Clearing Station, France and Flanders, 30 September 1915 26 July 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/168/24 Will of 8620 Private John DUNNET, 1st Dragoons (Royal)., . Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 33 Casualty

Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 20 January 1916 c1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/170/14 Will of 2064 Private Andrew FERGUSON, 1/6th Bn., Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of

Wounds, Highland Casualty Clearing Station, Villers Bocage, France, France and Flanders, 21 December 1915 c1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/171/4 Will of 13418 Private David GILLESPIE, 7th Bn., Royal Scots Fusiliers. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, West

Ridge Casualty Clearing Station, Lille, France and Flanders, 29 September 1915 9 July 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/174/1 Will of 4/8847 Private Robert JAMIESON, 2nd Bn., Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of

Wounds, No 1 Casualty Clearing Station, France and Flanders, 27 September 1915 24 Sep 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/176/8 Will of 2711 Sapper Peter LINNEN, 1/1st Low. Field Coy., Royal Engineers. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No

18 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 25 December 1915 27 Mar 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/177/29 Will of 13726 Private Frank MILLIGAN, 7th Bn., King's Own Scottish Borderers. Cause of death: Died of Wounds,

No 18 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 29 September 1915 c1915 Open

SC70/8/177/32 Will of 3841 Private McGREGOR or William L T McGREGOR, 4th Bn., Gordon Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of

Wounds, No 10 Casualty Clearing Station, France or Belgium, France and Flanders, 29 December 1915 11 Sep 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/183/17 Will of 4027 Private STEWART or George T STEWART, 4th Bn., Gordon Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of

Wounds, No 10 Casualty Clearing Station, France and Flanders, 13 January 1916 ? Open

Details

SC70/8/190/12 Will of 13128 Private Robert BORLAND, 7th Bn., Royal Scots Fusiliers. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 33

Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 30 January 1916 c1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/199/1 Will of 1357 Private LEES or George Hart LEES, 9th Bn. (T)., Highland Light Infantry. Cause of death: Died of

Wounds, No 1 Casualty Clearing Station, Chocques, France and Flanders, 8 November 1915 c1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/199/10 Will of 16903 Private James LITTLE, 2nd Bn., Royal Scots Fusiliers. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 5

Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 14 January 1916 31 May 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/200/52 Will of S/5599 A/Cpl Acting Sergeant James McNEIL, 1st Bn., Black Watch (Royal Highlanders). Cause of death:

Died of Wounds, No 1 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 14 December 1915 8 Aug 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/202/1 Will of 17499 Private N O'DONNELL, 10th Bn.or 10th (S), Cameronians (Scottish Rifles). Cause of death:

Unknown, No 18 Casualty Clearing Station, France., 26 September 1915 4 Aug 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/209/3 Will of S/1824 Private Robert WATSON, 7th Bn., Seaforth Highlanders. Cause of death: Killed in action, 1/1

South Midland Casualty Clearing Station, [France], France and Flanders, 28 January 1916 1 May 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/212/4 Will of 6407 Private Fife BRYSON, 5th Dragoon Guards (Princess Charlotte's Own)., . Cause of death: Died of

Wounds, No 1 Casualty Clearing Station, France and Flanders, 1 February 1916 16 May 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/214/2 Will of S/4804 Private James DAVIS, 9th Bn., Seaforth Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 3

Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 3 March 1916 26 May 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/214/13 Will of S/9413 Private Stuart DAVIDSON, 9th Bn., Black Watch (Royal Highlanders). Cause of death: Died of

Wounds, No 33 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 12 February 1916 16 Nov 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/215/2 Will of 16811 Private James EASTON, 2nd Bn., Royal Scots (Lothian Regiment). Cause of death: Died of Wounds,

No 10 Casualty Clearing Station, France or Belgium, France and Flanders, 17 March 1916 2 Aug 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/215/3 Will of G/3075 Private Alexander ELLIOTT, 12th Bn., Duke of Cambridge's Own (Middlesex Regiment). Cause of

death: Died of Wounds, No 5 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 10 January 1916 2 Sep 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/217/11 Will of S/7751 7751 Private James GILCHRIST, 9th Bn., Seaforth Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds,

No 8 Casualty Clearing Station, France and Flanders, 14 February 1916 17 Sep 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/218/12 Will of 5053 Guardsman Private William John HALL, or 2nd, Scots Guards. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 10

Casualty Clearing Station, France or Belgium, France and Flanders, 8 April 1916 2 Aug 1914 Open

Details

SC70/8/220/3 Will of S/6856 Private James JACKSON, 8th Bn., Seaforth Highlanders. Cause of death: Killed in action, No 33

Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 18 March 1916 c1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/220/5 Will of 15792 Private Henry JOHNSTON, 2nd Bn., Royal Scots (Lothian Regiment). Cause of death: Died of

Wounds, No 17 Casualty Clearing Station, France and Flanders, 1 October 1915 30 June 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/222/1 Will of 18857 Private Felix LAFFERTY, 12th Bn., Highland Light Infantry. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No

33 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 22 January 1916 8 July 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/223/17 Will of 3289 Private John MENZIES, 6th Bn.or 1/6th, Black Watch (Royal Highlanders). Cause of death: Died of

Wounds, No 30 Casualty Clearing Station, France and Flanders, 31 March 1916 3 Sep 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/223/39 Will of S/3655 Private David MURRAY, 8th Bn.or (S), Seaforth Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No

23 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 6 October 1915 7 July 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/223/41 Will of S/2830 Private William McMURRAY, 2nd Bn., Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of

Wounds, No 6 Casualty Clearing Station, France and Flanders, 27 September 1915 13 Apr 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/223/64 Will of 88758 Sapper John MILLAR, 205th Field Coy., Royal Engineers. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 2

London Casualty Clearing Station, France and Flanders, 4 March 1916 28 Jan 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/228/16 Will of 204 Private George SWAN, 7th Bn.or 1/7th, Black Watch (Royal Highlanders). Cause of death: Died of

Wounds, No 30 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 21 March 1916 17 Apr 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/230/16 Will of S/4787 Private George Wilson, 11th Bn., Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of

Wounds, West Riding Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 24 December 1915 (25 December 1915 - 25 December

1915) 22 Jul 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/235/5 Will of 8493 Guardsman Private Robert Scott DUNDAS, or 2nd, Scots Guards. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No

17 Casualty Clearing Station, France and Flanders, 9 April 1916 9 Nov 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/239/8 Will of S/2423 2423 Private John HILL, 1st Bn., Gordon Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 10

Casualty Clearing Station, Abeele, Belgium, France and Flanders, 4 March 1916 27 Feb 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/244/35 Will of 2398 Corporal James MULLAN, 2nd Bn., Royal Scots (Lothian Regiment). Cause of death: Died of Wounds,

No 10 Casualty Clearing Station, France or Belgium, France and Flanders, 30 March 1916 c1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/244/44 Will of 7773 Private MONTEATH or Hugh MONTEATH, 1/5th Bn., Cameronians (Scottish Rifles). Cause of death:

Unknown, No 33 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France., 27 April 1916 7 Dec 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/244/72 Will of S/2036 Private Patrick McCAVITT, 8th Bn., Gordon Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 8

Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 24 April 1916 9 May 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/249/19 Will of 746 Private Alexander RENNIE, 7th Bn., Gordon Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 30

Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 2 May 1916 c1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/249/23 Will of G/596 596 Private Robert RONALD, 6th Bn., Buffs (East Kent Regiment). Cause of death: Died of Wounds,

No 2 Casualty Clearing Station, Bailleue, France and Flanders, 23 July 1915 28 May 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/250/8 Will of 12103 Guardsman Private Charles STUART, or 2nd, Scots Guards. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 10

Casualty Clearing Station, France, F. & F., 20 April 1916 24 Sep 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/251/14 Will of S/21190 21190 Private Charles THOMSON, 1st Bn., Queen's Own Cameron Highlanders. Cause of death: Died

of Wounds, No 9 [Casualty] Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 15 March 1916 1 Feb 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/260/2 Will of 24787 Private Thomas FOLEY, 17th Bn., Royal Scots (Lothian Regiment). Cause of death: Died of Wounds,

No 2 London Casualty Clearing Station, France or Belgium, France and Flanders, 18 May 1916 26 Feb 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/260/5 Will of T1/3155 Driver Joseph FINDLAY, or 9th, Royal Army Service Corps. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 8

Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 29 January 1916 c1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/261/8 Will of S/12982 Private Francis GREENSHIELDS, 6th Bn., Queen's Own Cameron Highlanders. Cause of death: Died

of Wounds, No 33 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 17 March 1916 8 Jul 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/267/17 Will of 6639 Corporal MUNN or Alexander MUNN, 1/5th Bn., Cameronians (Scottish Rifles). Cause of death:

Unknown, No 33 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France., 7 May 1916 3 May 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/267/24 Will of 13824 Private John Joseph MIDDLETON, 8th Bn., King's Own Scottish Borderers. Cause of death: Died of

Wounds, No 33 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 22 May 1916 c1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/267/34 Will of 8368 Private McLEAN or William M McLEAN, 1/5th Bn., Cameronians (Scottish Rifles). Cause of death:

Unknown, No 33 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France., 9 May 1916 9 Dec 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/267/40 Will of S/5507 Private Andrew MILLAR, 10th Bn., Gordon Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 1

Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 26 March 1916 12 Jul 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/270/6 Will of 1507 Acting Sergeant Sergeant Robert ROSS, 4th Bn.or 1/5th, Seaforth Highlanders. Cause of death:

Killed in action, No 42 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 2 June 1916 8 Nov 1914 Open

Details

SC70/8/271/3 Will of 8534 Lance Corporal James STORIE, 7th Bn., Royal Scots Fusiliers. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No

33 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 13 May 1916 c1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/271/9 Will of 1778 Sapper James STRACHAN, 1/1st C. of E. Field Coy., Royal Engineers. Cause of death: Died of

Wounds, No 19 Casualty Clearing Station, France and Flanders, 27 May 1916 27 Aug 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/276/23 Will of S/7262 Private Joseph BARR, 2nd Bn., Seaforth Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 35

Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 28 June 1916 22 Jun 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/277/15 Will of Stk/44 Private Edwin CALDER, 10th Bn., Royal Fusiliers (City of London Regiment). Cause of death:

Died of Wounds, No 19 Casualty Clearing Station, France or Belgium, France and Flanders, 5 May 1916 31 Jul 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/280/2 Will of 4108 Private James FREW, 7th Bn.or 1/7th, Black Watch (Royal Highlanders). Cause of death: Died of

Wounds, No 30 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 7 May 1916 c1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/280/9 Will of 1652 Private James FEELEY, 6th Bn.or 1/6th, Black Watch (Royal Highlanders). Cause of death: Died of

Wounds, No 30 Casualty Clearing Station, France, 25 June 1916 3 May 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/280/10 Will of 4168 Private William FERRIER, 7th Bn.or 1/7th, Black Watch (Royal Highlanders). Cause of death: Died

of Wounds, No 30 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 7 July 1916 23 Oct 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/283/1 Will of 15036 Private Robert IRVINE, 13th Bn., Royal Scots (Lothian Regiment). Cause of death: Died of

Wounds, No 33 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 31 May 1916 c1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/286/10 Will of 3/5629 5629 Private Donald John McDonald, 1st Bn., Queen's Own Cameron Highlanders. Cause of death:

Died of Wounds, West Riding Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 3 June 1916 3 Nov 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/286/21 Will of 90413 Driver William MITCHELL, 23rd Div. Signal Coy., Royal Engineers. Cause of death: Died of

Wounds, No 6 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 24 May 1916 9 Sep 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/286/31 Will of 7728 Private John MILLAN, 1/5th Bn., Royal Scots Fusiliers. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 11

Casualty Clearing Station, Cape Helles, Gallipoli, Turkey, Gallipoli., 31 December 1915 c1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/286/36 Will of S/4006 Private James McDougall, 2nd Bn., Black Watch (Royal Highlanders). Cause of death: Died of

Wounds, No 7 Casualty Clearing Station, Merville, France, France and Flanders, 28 October 1915 12 Jan 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/286/45 Will of 16786 Sergeant Acting Sergeant Alexander MARSHALL, 6th Bn., King's Own Scottish Borderers. Cause of

death: Died of Wounds, No 21 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 8 July 1916 28 Apr 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/290/7 Will of 12284 Private Peter RIDDELL, 6th Bn., Gordon Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 42

Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 21 June 1916 c1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/291/4 Will of 19271 Private Hamilton SNOWDON, 7th Bn., Royal Scots Fusiliers. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 33

Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 8 May 1916 18 Oct 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/292/4 Will of 11951 Private George THOMSON or George Thompson, 6th Bn.or 1/6th, Gordon Highlanders. Cause of death:

Died of Wounds, No 42 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 1 July 1916 26 Nov 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/293/12 Will of 9461 Private Alexander Wilson alias Alexander Bullock, 2nd Bn., Black Watch (Royal Highlanders).

Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 6 Casualty Clearing Station, Bethune, France, France and Flanders, 20 May 1915 9 Dec

1914 Open

Details

SC70/8/302/8 Will of 112228 Sergeant William HARROWER, No.3 Battn. Spec. Bde., formerly 9773 Gordon Highrs., Royal

Engineers. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 8 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 1 July 1916 25

Aug 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/307/54 Will of 19288 Private James MILLER, 1st Bn., Royal Scots Fusiliers. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 21

Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 15 July 1916 4 Apr 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/308/3 Will of 14780. Private Alexander NIVEN, 12th Bn., Northumberland Fusiliers. Cause of death: Died of Wounds,

No 38 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 4 July 1916 c1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/313/2 Will of 107423 Sapper James THORNTON, 3rd Div. Signal Coy., Royal Engineers. Cause of death: Died, No 1

Canadian Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 7 June 1916 28 Jun 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/313/10 Will of 3525 Private THOMSON or John P THOMSON, 1/7th Bn., Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders. Cause of death:

Died of Wounds, No 42 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 17 June 1916 4 Jan 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/317/2 Will of 16455 Private Thomas COUCH, 6th Bn., King's Own Scottish Borderers. Cause of death: Died of Wounds,

No 45 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 5 July 1916 c1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/317/25 Will of 19484 Private Thomas CAMPBELL, 1st Bn., Royal Scots Fusiliers. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 21

Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 20 July 1916 c1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/321/16 Will of 1385 Private John GILHOOLY or John Gilhooley, 2nd Bn., Seaforth Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of

Wounds, No 41 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 3 July 1916 c1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/322/2 Will of 22482 Driver William McGRORY alias William Hair, Royal Horse and Royal Field Artillery. Cause of

death: Died of Wounds, No 15 Casualty Clearing Station, France and Flanders, 2 December 1915 c1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/322/10 Will of 1742 Private Hugh HERBERT, 9th Bn. (T.)., Highland Light Infantry. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No

38 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 16 July 1916 22 Nov 1914 Open

Details

SC70/8/322/21 Will of 36283 Private John HIGGINS, 2nd Bn., Royal Welch Fusiliers. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 33

Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 7 July 1916 17 Apr 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/324/8 Will of 767 Sapper William JOHNSTON, 1/2nd High. Field Coy., Royal Engineers. Cause of death: Died of Wounds,

No 36 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 1 August 1916 c1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/325/4 Will of 3/2777 2777 Private Michael KERWIN, 1st Bn., Black Watch (Royal Highlanders). Cause of death: Died of

Wounds, No 33 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 12 June 1916 (13 June 1916 - 13 June 1916) c1916

Open

Details

SC70/8/325/12 Will of 12922 Guardsman Private John KERR, or 1st, Scots Guards. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 10

Casualty Clearing Station, France and Flanders, 11 July 1916 15 Nov 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/327/18 Will of G/5331 5331 Lance Corporal Peter McDonald, 8th Bn., Queen's Own (Royal West Kent Regiment). Cause of

death: Died of Wounds, No 1 Canadian Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 6 April 1916 1 Sep 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/327/25 Will of 24314 Private Herbert MULLANEY, 8th (Service) Bn., York and Lancaster Regiment. Cause of death: Died

of Wounds, No 38 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 3 July 1916 26 Jun 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/327/30 Will of 32 Lance Corporal Alexander William MENZIES, 7th Bn., Gordon Highlanders. Cause of death: Died, No 19

Casualty Clearing Station, France or Belgium, France and Flanders, 21 July 1916 1 May 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/329/1 Will of 2957 6/2957 Private Edward O'HANLON, 6th Bn., Royal Munster Fusiliers. Cause of death: Died, No 1

Casualty Clearing Station, Greek Macedonia., 15 August 1916 9 Nov 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/330/8 Will of 88725 Driver James Petrie, 203rd, Royal Engineers. , No 21 Casualty Clearing Station, France (26 July

1916 - 26 July 1916) 29 May 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/332/5 Will of 2266 Private William ROBSON, 5th Bn.or 1/5th, Gordon Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No

38 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 28 July 1916 14 Apr 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/332/7 Will of 6604 12 Nov 1914 Private ROUGH or Henry Hugh ROUGH, 1/5th Bn., Cameronians (Scottish Rifles). Cause

of death: Unknown, No 38 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France., 24 July 1916 12 Nov 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/332/22 Will of 1339 Sergeant William ROSS, 6th Bn.or 1/6th, Gordon Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No

38 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 7 August 1916 c1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/335/6 Will of 3365 Private William Wright, 9th Bn.or 1/9th, Royal Scots (Lothian Regiment). Cause of death: Died of

Wounds, No 30 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 24 July 1916 9 Oct 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/342/15 Will of 1901 Lance Corporal Unpaid Lance Corporal James FENTY, 5th Bn.or 1/5th, Gordon Highlanders. Cause of

death: Died of Wounds, No 36 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 4 August 1916 14 Apr 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/344/9 Will of S/7648 Lance Corporal Robert HAXTON, 2nd Bn., Black Watch (Royal Highlanders). Cause of death: Died

of Wounds, No 2 London Casualty Clearing Station, France and Flanders, 30 October 1915 27 Apr 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/346/3 Will of 23300 Private Joseph JOHNSTON, 11th Bn., Royal Scots (Lothian Regiment). Cause of death: Died of

Wounds, No 21 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 17 July 1916 7 Nov 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/347/7 Will of 10465 Private John KANE, 11th Bn., Royal Scots (Lothian Regiment). Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No

21 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 16 July 1916 c1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/349/23 Will of 121633 Sapper Arthur McGUIGAN, 250th Tunn. Coy., Royal Engineers. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No

17 Casualty Clearing Station, France and Flanders, 17 August 1916 15 Sep 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/354/2 Will of 2863 Private Frederick SCOTT, 4th Bn.or 1/4th, Gordon Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No

38 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 23 July 1916 6 Jan 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/354/54 Will of 3268 Lance Corporal Lance Corporal Alexander STEWART, 6th Bn.or 1/6th, Black Watch (Royal

Highlanders). Cause of death: Killed in action, No 2 Australian Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 31

August 1916 17 Aug 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/354/64 Will of 1803 Private STEWART or John L STEWART, 1/6th Bn., Cameronians (Scottish Rifles). Cause of death:

Unknown, No 38 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France., 14 August 1916 1 Apr 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/355/15 Will of 81447 Private William TAYLOR, Royal Army Medical Corps. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 44

Casualty Clearing Station, Puchevillers, France, France and Flanders, 26 August 1916 21 July 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/358/5 Will of S/8510 Private Thomas Young, 1st Bn., Black Watch (Royal Highlanders). Cause of death: Died of

Wounds, No 36 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 12 July 1916 29 Dec 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/359/11 Will of 4417 Private James AITKEN, 4th Bn.or 1/4th, Gordon Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 36

Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 14 August 1916 (12 August 1916 - 12 August 1916) 28 May 1916

Open

Details

SC70/8/362/5 Will of S/3189 3189 Private Samuel DAVIES, 2nd Bn., Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders. Cause of death: Died

of Wounds, No 38 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 18 August 1916 c1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/365/10 Will of 43365 Private Percy HEGGIE, 17th Bn. formerly 1927 H.C.B., Highland Light Infantry. Cause of death:

Died of Wounds, No 1 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 25 August 1916 8 aug 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/370/15 Will of 9094 Private Robert MURCHIE, 2nd Bn., Highland Light Infantry. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 5

Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 4 August 1916 27 May 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/370/38 Will of S/20882 5/20882 Private Thomas McGILL, 5th Bn., Queen's Own Cameron Highlanders. Cause of death: Died

of Wounds, No 5 Casualty Clearing Station, France and Flanders, 17 July 1916 27 June 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/370/74 Will of 3120 Corporal Donald Edward MacKAY, 4th Bn., Seaforth Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No

38 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 23 July 1916 21 July 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/376/15 Will of 6518 Lance Corporal Smith or Robert Alexander Smith, 1/5th Bn., Cameronians (Scottish Rifles). Cause

of death: Unknown, No 36 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France., 28 July 1916 26 May 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/379/1 Will of L/15254 A/Bdr George Young, or A Battery, 157th Bde, RFA, Royal Horse and Royal Field Artillery.

Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 21 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 25 July 1916 22 Jan 1916

Open

Details

SC70/8/381/7 Will of 1888 Private BURNS or Archibald BURNS, 1/6th Bn.or 6th, Cameronians (Scottish Rifles). Cause of

death: Unknown, No 36 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France., 6 August 1916 3 Nov 1914 Open

Details

SC70/8/381/19 Will of 9189 Guardsman Private David BOUTHRON, or 2nd, Scots Guards. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 21

Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 12 September 1916 2 Sep 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/382/32 Will of 13324 Guardsman Private William CHALMERS, or 1st, Scots Guards. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 5

Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 16 September 1916 2 Oct 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/384/7 Will of 33398 Private William EASTON, 13th Bn., Royal Scots (Lothian Regiment). Cause of death: Died of

Wounds, No 45 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 19 September 1916 13 Aug 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/385/10 Will of 88674 Sapper David FYFFE, 205th Field Coy., Royal Engineers. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 5

Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 26 July 1916 29 Jan 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/392/27 Will of 1790 Private James MARK, 5th Bn.or 1/5th, Gordon Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 1

Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 6 September 1916 6 Apr 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/392/32 Will of 653 Private A McCAHILL or A Andrew, 5th Bn.or 1/5th; attached 10th, Cameronians (Scottish Rifles).

Cause of death: Unknown, No 45 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France., 16 August 1916 31 July 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/392/62 Will of 3/7442 Private Murdo McSWEEN, 2nd Bn., Seaforth Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 35

Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 15 July 1916 19 July 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/392/88 Will of S/20337 Private John MYLES, 1st Bn., Queen's Own Cameron Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds,

No 1/1 Stationary Mid Casualty Clearing Station, France and Flanders, 26 September 1916 1 Mar 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/392/128 Will of 13216 Corporal Hugh McKAY, formerly 1505 Gordon Highlanders., Machine Gun Corps (Infantry). Cause of

death: Died of Wounds, No 21 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 6 September 1916 2 May 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/397/35 Will of 168 Sergeant John R Smith, 1/6th Bn., Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders. Cause of death: Killed in

action, No 34 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 27 September 1916 3 May 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/404/14 Will of 18640 Private Francis BYRNE, 2nd Bn., Royal Dublin Fusiliers. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 41

Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 8 July 1916 c1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/404/22 Will of S/11937 Private Brown or James Sutherland Brown, 8/10th Bn., Gordon Highlanders. Cause of death: Died

of Wounds, No 1/1 South Midland Casualty Clearing Station, France and Flanders, 3 November 1916 8 Oct 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/404/39 Will of 3182 Private Samuel BURGESS, 5th Bn.or 1/5th, Black Watch (Royal Highlanders). Cause of death: Died,

No 9 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 5 November 1916 7 Oct 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/405/20 Will of 13360 Lance Corporal William COOK, 15th Bn.or (S), Highland Light Infantry. Cause of death: Died of

Wounds, No 33 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 26 September 1916 (26 August 1916 - 26 August 1916)

22 Nov 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/406/1 Will of S/9641 Private Hugh DUFFY, 1st Bn., Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of

Wounds, No 27 Casualty Clearing Station, Balkans, Salonika., 3 October 1916 28 Sep 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/406/12 Will of 8503 Sergeant DYER or Harold DYER, 1st Bn., Cameronians (Scottish Rifles). Cause of death: Unknown,

No 34 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France., 29 October 1916 14 Aug 1914 Open

Details

SC70/8/408/31 Will of 18941 Private William FLYNN, 1st Bn., formerly 13032, Hussars of the Line., Princess Victoria's

(Royal Irish Fusiliers). Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 2/2 London Casualty Clearing Station, France and Flanders, 14

October 1916 27 Sep 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/408/42 Will of 2384 Sergeant Lance Sergeant William FOLEY, 4th Bn.or 1/4th, Black Watch (Royal Highlanders). Cause

of death: Died of Wounds, No 49 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 15 October 1916 8 Aug 1915

Open

Details

SC70/8/409/22 Will of 2281 Lance Corporal Allan GORDON, 5th Bn.or 1/5th, Black Watch (Royal Highlanders). Cause of death:

Died of Wounds, No 2/1 South Midland Casualty Clearing Station, France and Flanders, 15 October 1916 c1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/410/31 Will of 23113 23112 Private Blyth HUSBAND, 13th Bn., Royal Scots (Lothian Regiment). Cause of death: Died of

Wounds, No 45 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 16 September 1916 6 Aug 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/410/51 Will of 6427 Private John Hay, 16th, Lancers. , No 2/2 London Casualty Clearing Station (7 October 1916 - 7

October 1916) 15 Sep 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/415/52 Will of 12451 Private John McADAM, 6th Bn., King's Own Scottish Borderers. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No

5 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 19 July 1916 29 Apr 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/415/58 Will of 43213 Private T MURPHY or John MURPHY, 1st Bn., Cameronians (Scottish Rifles). Cause of death:

Unknown, No 43 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France., 16 September 1916 30 Jun 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/415/108 Will of 10725 Private McLEOD or Angus McLEOD, 2nd Bn., Cameronians (Scottish Rifles). Cause of death:

Unknown, No 1 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France., 11 August 1916 27 Jan 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/415/120 Will of 44222 Private William MEEK, 7/8th Bn. formerly 3011 R. Scots., King's Own Scottish Borderers. Cause

of death: Died of Wounds, No 45 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 30 October 1916 c1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/415/134 Will of 1310 Private George MacLENNAN or George McLennan, 6th Bn., Seaforth Highlanders. Cause of death: Died

of Wounds, No 2 Australian Casualty Clearing Station, France and Flanders, 18 September 1916 1 May 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/421/25 Will of 1164 Lance Corporal Smith or Thomas McL Smith, 6th Bn., Black Watch (Royal Highlanders). Cause of

death: Died of Wounds, No 11 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 17 November 1916 20 Apr 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/428/63 Will of 745 A/Bdr Alec BREBNER or Alexander F BREBNER, (T.F.).or 51st H'land Div'lAmmoCol,RFA,att 51/x

TrenchMtrBty, Royal Horse and Royal Field Artillery. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 3 Casualty Clearing Station, France

or Belgium, France and Flanders, 24 October 1916 c1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/428/66 Will of S/5006 Private Henry BAIN, 8/10th Bn., Gordon Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 38

Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 29 July 1916 22 Sep 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/429/77 Will of 20782 Private James COLQUHOUN, 6/7th Bn., Royal Scots Fusiliers. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No

45 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 11 October 1916 13 Aug 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/429/78 Will of 10025 Sergeant COCHRANE or Joseph Swinton COCHRANE, M.M., 10th Bn., Argyll and Sutherland

Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 1/7 Southern Midland Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders,

14 October 1916 28 Dec 1914 Open

Details

SC70/8/430/19 Will of 30453 Private David DICKSON, 1st Bn., Royal Scots (Lothian Regiment). Cause of death: Died, No 27

Casualty Clearing Station, Salonika, Greece, Salonika., 14 November 1916 10 Sep 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/430/38 Will of 5704 Private Peter Frederick DRUMMOND, 2/8th Bn., formerly 2032, R. Scots., Royal Warwickshire

Regiment. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 49 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 14 December 1916

27 May 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/431/6 Will of 4149 Private George C EARL, 11th Bn., Royal Scots (Lothian Regiment). Cause of death: Died of Wounds,

No 45 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 23 October 1916 28 Jul 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/432/26 Will of S/11802 Private Alexander FERGUSON, 11th Bn., Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders. Cause of death:

Died, No 1/1 South Midland Casualty Clearing Station, France and Flanders, 18 December 1916 30 Aug 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/432/32 Will of 2046 Private Andrew G FRASER, 6th Bn.or Attached 1/5th, Royal Scots (Lothian Regiment). Cause of

death: Died, No 43 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 23 November 1916 c1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/434/2 Will of 6926 Private Charles HOLT, 7th Bn.or 1/7th, Black Watch (Royal Highlanders). Cause of death: Died of

Wounds, No 9 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 4 January 1917 (7 January 1917 - 7 January 1917) 26

Jul 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/434/31 Documents concerning withdrawal of will 16 Mar 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/436/5 Will of 26264 Private Gifford Arthur JOHNSON, 13th Bn., Royal Scots (Lothian Regiment). Cause of death: Died

of Wounds, No 1/1 SMD Casualty Clearing Station, France and Flanders, 16 September 1916 c1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/437/9 Will of 5686 Private KING or Herbert G KING, 5th Bn.or 1/5th, Gordon Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of

Wounds, No 9 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 4 December 1916 30 Sep 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/438/4 Will of 9303 Private LAMONT or Angus LAMONT, 5th Bn., Cameronians (Scottish Rifles). Cause of death: Unknown,

No 36 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France., 3 September 1916 17 Jul 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/439/20 Will of 20705 Private John McKAY, formerly 14924 R. Scots., Machine Gun Corps (Infantry). Cause of death:

Died of Wounds, No 2/1 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 31 October 1918 (31 October 1916 - 31 October

1916) 20 Jun 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/439/32 Will of 14434 Guardsman Private Andrew McLURE, or 2nd, Scots Guards. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 34

Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 28 September 1916 21 Aug 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/439/42 Will of 21524 Private Joseph MULLHOLLAND or Joseph Mulholland, 2nd Bn., Royal Scots (Lothian Regiment). Cause

of death: Died of Wounds, No 21 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 29 August 1916 18 Jul 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/439/106 Will of 6244 Private Leonard MASSIE, 6th Bn.or 1/6th, Black Watch (Royal Highlanders). Cause of death: Died

of Wounds, No 3 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 14 November 1916 14 Jun 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/441/1 Will of 7243 Sergeant Robert OLIVER, 2nd Bn., Queen's Own Cameron Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of

Wounds, No 27 Casualty Clearing Station, Salonika., 12 October 1916 2 Aug 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/441/4 Will of 3707 Sergeant OGDEN or Robert Thomas OGDEN, 9th Bn. (T.)., Highland Light Infantry. Cause of death:

Died of Wounds, No 34 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 3 November 1916 23 Aug 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/445/43 Will of S/7884 Company Sergeant Major Clinton Ralph STRICKLAND, 8th Bn., Seaforth Highlanders. Cause of

death: Died of Wounds, No 45 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 21 September 1916 8 Oct 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/445/48 Will of S/40819 40819 Private Charles Edward STUART, 5th Bn. formerly 3474 Lovat Scouts., Queen's Own Cameron

Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 37 Casualty Clearing Station, France or Belguim, France and Flanders, 21

December 1916 1 Sep 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/452/1 Will of 3440 Gunner Robert Brown, (T.F.).or 255 (Highland) Brigade, Royal Horse and Royal Field Artillery.

Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 49 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 15 December 1916 18 May 1915

Open

Details

SC70/8/452/31 Will of 40820 Private Angus BRUCE, 11th Bn., Royal Scots (Lothian Regiment). Cause of death: Died of Wounds,

No 30 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 26 March 1917 (26 February 1917 - 26 February 1917) 10

Jan 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/452/41 Will of 1600 Private William Brown, 6th Bn.or 1/6th, Black Watch (Royal Highlanders). Cause of death: Died,

No 2/1 South Midland Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 6 December 1916 28 Sep 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/453/5 Will of 4606 Private CAMPBELL or Wiiliam Hood CAMPBELL, 1/6th Bn., Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders. Cause

of death: Died of Wounds, No 34 Casualty Clearing Station 'in the field', France, France and Flanders, 28 September 1916

21 Sep 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/454/10 Will of 11761 Private Robert DIACK, 11th Bn., Royal Scots (Lothian Regiment). Cause of death: Died of Wounds,

No 30 Casualty Clearing Station, France and Flanders, 22 March 1917 2 Feb 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/454/11 Will of S/40776 Private John DUFFY, 14th Bn., Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders. Cause of death: Died, No 38

Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 1 March 1917 13 Nov 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/454/15 Will of 157875 Sapper John Dunlop DURWARD, 182nd Tunn. Coy., Royal Engineers. Cause of death: Died, No 18

Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 7 January 1917 29 May 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/455/10 Will of 4/7988 Private James EASDON, 1st Bn., Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of

Wounds, No 40 Casualty Clearing Station, Salonika, Greece, Salonika., 9 January 1917 2 Mar 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/456/7 Will of 29485 Private William FRISKEN, 6th Bn. formerly 3528 F.& F. Yeo., King's Own Scottish Borderers.

Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 30 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 16 February 1917 c1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/456/28 Will of S/8479 Private Hugh FORSYTH, 1st Bn., Seaforth Highlanders. Cause of death: Died, No 16 Casualty

Clearing Station, Sheikh Saad, Mesopotamia, Persian Gulf., 14 October 1916 c1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/457/31 Will of S/22689 Private Charles GARRICK, 7th Bn., Queen's Own Cameron Highlanders. Cause of death: Died, 1/1

South Midland Casualty Clearing Station, [France], France and Flanders, 27 January 1917 30 Aug 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/458/1 Will of 40575 Sergeant James HOGG, 15th Bn., Highland Light Infantry. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 4

Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 18 February 1917 12 Sep 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/458/9 Will of 250123 Private David HERD, 5/6th Bn.or 1/5th, Royal Scots (Lothian Regiment). Cause of death: Died,

No 47 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 17 February 1917 8 July 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/460/2 Will of 5064 Lance Corporal Private James A K JOHNSTON, 4th Bn.or 1/4th, Black Watch (Royal Highlanders).

Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 49 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 13 October 1916 21 July 1916

Open

Details

SC70/8/460/8 Will of 12993 Private William JOHNSONE, 12th Bn., Royal Scots (Lothian Regiment). Cause of death: Died of

Wounds, No 5 Casualty Clearing Station, France and Flanders, 18 July 1916 3 March 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/463/22 Will of 15120 Guardsman Private Alexander Wallace McLAREN, or 2nd, Scots Guards. Cause of death: Died of

Wounds, No 34 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 28 December 1916 6 Oct 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/463/38 Will of S/9986 Private John MEIKLEM, 8/10th Bn.or (S), Gordon Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No

38 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 29 July 1916 (26 July 1916 - 26 July 1916) 10 Dec 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/463/65 Will of S/23183 23183 Private MACPHERSON or Donald Martin MACPHERSON, 2nd Bn., Queen's Own Cameron

Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 27 Casualty Clearing Station, Greece, Salonika., 5 October 1916 29

Sep 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/463/72 Will of 13889 Lance Corporal Thomas McCUSKER, 1st Bn., Royal Scots (Lothian Regiment). Cause of death: Died,

No 27 Casualty Clearing Station, Salonika, Greece, Salonika., 28 November 1916 15 Nov 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/463/83 Will of 88278 Private David Charles MENZIES, Royal Army Medical Corps. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 4

Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 22 January 1917 14 Nov 1916 Open

SC70/8/468/19 Will of 3138 Private Thomas REID, 15th Bn., Highland Light Infantry. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 11

Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 3 February 1917 22 Nov 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/469/3 Will of S/15097 Lance Corporal Gavin STRANG, 2nd Bn., Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders. Cause of death: Died

of Wounds, No 5 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 23 February 1917 25 Aug 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/476/8 Will of S/12878 Private Peter BRISLAND, 11th Bn., Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of

Wounds, No 19 Casualty Clearing Station, France or Belgium, France and Flanders, 10 April 1917 5 Dec 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/478/1 Will of 365100 Gunner William DUTHIE, or 100th Siege Battery, RGA, Royal Garrison Artillery (T.F.) - North

Scottish. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 20 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 6 March 1917 30

May 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/478/2 Will of S/15216 Private Peter DANIEL, 1st Bn., Queen's Own Cameron Highlanders. Cause of death: Died, No 48

Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 16 February 1917 20 Oct 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/482/11 Will of S/40573 40573 Private Joseph HUTTON, 2nd Bn. formerly 1967 A. & S.H., Seaforth Highlanders. Cause of

death: Died of Wounds, No 30 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 13 April 1917 22 Aug 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/487/16 Will of 26327 Private Andrew MELDRUM, 15th Bn., Highland Light Infantry. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No

11 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 8 February 1917 15 Mar 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/487/37 Will of S/4788 Private Joseph McFARLANE, 2nd Bn., Gordon Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 45

Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 5 March 1917 10 Jun 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/487/79 Will of 5265 Private William MacNIVEN, 6th Bn.or 1/6th, Seaforth Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds,

No 4 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 24 December 1916 9 Dec 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/488/5 Will of 38330. Private George NELSON, 8th Bn. formerly 20289 K.O.S.B., King's Own (Yorkshire Light Infantry).

Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 10 Casualty Clearing Station, Belgium, France and Flanders, 24 January 1917 10 Jul 1916

Open

Details

SC70/8/489/3 Will of S/27634 Lance Sergeant George OLIVER, 6th Bn., Queen's Own Cameron Highlanders. Cause of death: Died

of Wounds, No 19 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 4 April 1917 7 Feb 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/490/30 Will of 3643 Private PALFREY or William B PALFREY, 6th Bn.or 1/6th, Seaforth Highlanders. Cause of death:

Died of Wounds, No 43 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 15 November 1916 (13 November 1916 - 13

November 1916) 24 Jun 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/496/6 Will of 8/13835 Private James Weir, 8th, Royal Irish Rifles. , No 2 Casualty Clearing Station, France (11

December 1916 - 11 December 1916) 23 Aug 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/498/13 Will of 13767 Private Robert Thomson BLAIR, 2nd Bn., Royal Scots (Lothian Regiment). Cause of death: Died of

Wounds, No 8 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 19 April 1917 c1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/498/19 Will of 32581 Private John Cameron Buchanan, 1st, South Staffordshire Regiment. , No 11 Casualty Clearing

Station, France (12 January 1917 - 12 January 1917) 15 Dec 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/500/8 Will of 34785 Private Frank DUNNACHIE, 8th (Service) Bn. formerly 3257 H.L.I., York and Lancaster Regiment.

Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 3 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 20 April 1917 8 Feb 1916

Open

Details

SC70/8/500/23 Will of 51989 Private Frederick William DUNCAN, 22nd Bn., formerly Stk/2948, 31st R. Fus., Royal Fusiliers

(City of London Regiment). Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 45 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 11

March 1917 18 Dec 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/504/13 Will of S/17942 Private John HENDERSON, 7th Bn., Queen's Own Cameron Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of

Wounds, No 19 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 25 April 1917 28 Aug [1916] Open

Details

SC70/8/507/5 Will

Part 2 of CCS List

Details

SC70/8/507/5 Will of 265914 Corporal Joseph LEMMON, 6th Bn.or 1/6th, Gordon Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds,

No 42 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 10 April 1917 29 Sep 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/507/11 Will of S/21333 Private William LATTO, 7th Bn., Queen's Own Cameron Highlanders. Cause of death: Killed in

action, No 37 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 18 March 1917 6 Mar 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/508/63 Will of 241389 Private Malcolm MARTIN, 5th Bn.or 1/5th, Seaforth Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds,

No 30 Casualty Clearing Station, France and Flanders, 10 April 1917 4 Aug 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/508/76 Will of S/43121 Private Fraquhar McDonald, 6th Bn., Queen's Own Cameron Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of

Wounds, No 19 Casualty Clearing Station, France or Belgium, France and Flanders, 10 April 1917 3 Sep 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/508/106 Will of 16226 Private Duncan McDonald, 7th, Yorkshire Regiment. , No 34 Casualty Clearing Station, France (1

March 1917 - 1 March 1917) 22 Jan 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/510/11 Will of 134681 Sapper William ROSS, 83rd Field Coy., Royal Engineers. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 5

Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 12 April 1917 25 Jan 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/512/4 Will of 293128 Private Philip TRAYNER or Philip Traynor, 7th Bn.or 1/7th, Black Watch (Royal Highlanders).

Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 42 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 11 April 1917 7 Mar 1916

Open

Details

SC70/8/514/20 Will of 18266 Private ALLAN or Joseph ALLAN, 2nd Bn.or 1st, Cameronians (Scottish Rifles). Cause of death:

Unknown, No 48 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France., 11 February 1917 25 Nov 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/515/25 Will of 265990 Private Douglas BARNETT, 6th Bn., Gordon Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 8

Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 24 April 1917 c1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/515/28 Will of S/3403 Private George BORTHWICK, 2nd Bn., Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of

Wounds, No 20 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 26 April 1917 8 Apr 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/515/46 Will of 20816 Private Alexander Brown, 1st Bn., Royal Scots Fusiliers. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 19

Casualty Clearing Station, France or Belgium, France and Flanders, 3 May 1917 5 Jun 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/517/1 Will of 16619 Private Alexander DONALD, formerly S/2855, A. & S.H.or 19th MG Coy, Machine Gun Corps

(Infantry). Cause of death: Died, No 48 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 10 March 1917 11 Aug 1916

Open

Details

SC70/8/519/2 Will of 40493 Private Thomas FABLING, 2nd Bn., Royal Scots Fusiliers. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 32

Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 29 April 1917 7 Sep 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/519/3 Will of 290213 Lance Corporal Samuel FARQUHAR, 7th Bn., Gordon Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds,

No 30 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 31 March 1917 11 May 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/519/17 Will of 200642 Private Hugh FERGUSON, 1/4th Bn., King's Own Scottish Borderers. Cause of death: Died of

Wounds, No 26 Casualty Clearing Station, Palestine, Egypt., 26 April 1917 c1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/520/5 Will of 887 Private GIBBON or John William GIBBON, 4th Bn.or 1/4th, Gordon Highlanders. Cause of death: Died

of Wounds, No 41 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 23 April 1917 27 Mar 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/523/1 Will of 20121 Private James JOHNSTON, 6/7th Bn., Royal Scots Fusiliers. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 8

Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 13 April 1917 16 Mar 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/523/11 Will of 9132 Private Neil JOHNSON, 2nd Bn., Seaforth Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 2/2

London Casualty Clearing Station, Home., 26 January 1917 9 Jan 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/525/6 Will of 43358 Private LAIRD or John LAIRD, 9th Bn., Cameronians (Scottish Rifles). Cause of death: Unknown,

South Midland Casualty Clearing Station, France, France., 23 October 1916 15 Jul 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/525/7 Will of 293094 Private James LEMON, 7th Bn.or 1/7th, Black Watch (Royal Highlanders). Cause of death: Died of

Wounds, No 1 Canadian Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 13 April 1917 1 Aug 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/525/16 Will of 402853 Sapper James LAUDER, 401st Field Coy., Royal Engineers. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 8

Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 26 May 1917 c1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/526/2 Will of 6272 Private John McBRIDE, 4th Bn., Black Watch (Royal Highlanders). Cause of death: Died of Wounds,

No 9 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 14 November 1916 30 Sep 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/526/10 Will of S/8279 Lance Corporal Alexander McLELLAN, 9th Bn., Gordon Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of

Wounds, No 41 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 25 April 1917 c1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/526/71 Will of 13965 Lance Corporal William MARTIN, or 1st, Scots Guards. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 34

Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 13 March 1917 11Jan 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/526/136 Will of S/13563 Corporal David McCHEYNE, 7th Bn., Queen's Own Cameron Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of

Wounds, No 42 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 13 March 1917 5 Jan 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/526/180 Will of 200192 Private John McKENZIE, 4th Bn., Seaforth Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 30

Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 10 April 1917 c1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/526/184 Will of 516 Acting Sergeant McLEOD or James Horn McLEOD, M.M., 2nd Bn., Seaforth Highlanders. Cause of death:

Died, No 38 Casualty Clearing Station, Heilly, France, France and Flanders, 26 February 1917 30 Jun 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/527/4 Will of 851 Company Sergeant Major John NICHOLSON, D.C.M., 10th Bn., Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders. Cause

of death: Died of Wounds, No 30 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 10 April 1917 4 Aug 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/527/17 Will of 240845 Private John NICOL or John Hepburn NICOL, 5th Bn.or 1/5th, Gordon Highlanders. Cause of death:

Died of Wounds, No 42 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 11 April 1917 6 Apr 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/527/18 Will of 43337 Private George A C NIVEN, 2nd Bn., Royal Scots Fusiliers. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 20

Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 29 April 1917 9 Jul 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/528/7 Will of 49775 Private William ORKNEY, formerly 1694 H.L.I., Machine Gun Corps (Infantry). Cause of death:

Died of Wounds, No 54 Casualty Clearing Station, Deir el Belah, Palestine, Palestine., 25 May 1917 31 May 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/531/1 Will of 33461 Private David REID, 15th Bn. formerly S/16007 R. Highrs., Highland Light Infantry. Cause of

death: Died of Wounds, No 11 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 18 January 1917 11 Oct 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/532/39 Will of 345736 Private James SHEPHERD, 14th Bn. formerly S/9463 Royal Highrs., Black Watch (Royal

Highlanders). Cause of death: Died, No 2 Australian Casualty Clearing Station, El Arish, Egypt, Egypt., 14 April 1917 5 Mar

1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/532/50 Will of 21269 Corporal William STEWART, 13th Bn., Royal Scots (Lothian Regiment). Cause of death: Died of

Wounds, No 41 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 26 April 1917 31 Mar 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/532/88 Will of 776480 Driver George Smart, 310th Bde, Royal Field Artillery. , No 49 Casualty Clearing Station,

France (19 May 1917 - 19 May 1917) 2 Apr 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/534/28 Will of 350257 Private Thomas Dunbar WEIR, 9th Bn.or 1/9th, Royal Scots (Lothian Regiment). Cause of death:

Died of Wounds, No 42 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 26 April 1917 10 Apr 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/536/2 Will of 43260 Private Thomas ARTHUR, 6/7th Bn., Royal Scots Fusiliers. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 19

Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 7 May 1917 30 Jul 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/536/21 Will of 650311 Gunner James ANDERSON, (T.F.).or 315th Brigade, Royal Horse and Royal Field Artillery. Cause

of death: Died of Wounds, No 12 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 13 June 1917 14 Nov 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/536/30 Will of 27548 Private Richard J A ANDERSON, 11th Bn. formerly 29871. M.G.C., Royal Scots (Lothian Regiment).

Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 1 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 5 May 1917 7 Mar 1917

Open

Details

SC70/8/537/2 Will of 12430 Private (Guardsman?) James Baillie, 1st, Scots Guards. , No 48 Casualty Clearing Station,

France (3 May 1917 - 3 May 1917) 29 Apr 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/537/24 Will of 513074 Private Edwin James Stuartson BELL, or 1/14th, London Scottish. Cause of death: Unknown, No 43

Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 2 April 1917 14 Jul 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/538/43 Will of 242127 Private Alexander CHRISTIE, 5th Bn., Gordon Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 30

Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 10 April 1917 12 Mar 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/541/8 Will of 260112 Private Neil FALLON, 5th Bn.or 1/5th, Seaforth Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No

8 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 17 May 1917 25 Mar 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/541/9 Will of S/3354 S/5354 Private Alexander FOTHERINGHAM, 1st Bn., Gordon Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of

Wounds, No 19 Casualty Clearing Station, France and Flanders, 15 June 1917 12 Feb 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/542/8 Will of 3/6507 Private William GWYNNE, 8/10th Bn., Gordon Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 19

Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 24 April 1917 13 Aug 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/542/9 Will of 81233 Sapper Samuel Craig GILROY, R.O.D.or Railway Operating Division, RE, Royal Engineers. Cause of

death: Died of Wounds, No 3 Casualty Clearing Station, France and Flanders, 3 June 1917 4 Dec 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/546/2 Will of 37886 Private KEMP or James McLean KEMP, 16th Bn., Highland Light Infantry. Cause of death: Died of

Wounds, No 21 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 17 April 1917 8 Apr 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/548/33 Will of S/12747 12747 Private Archibald McFARQUHAR, 6th Bn.or (S), Queen's Own Cameron Highlanders. Cause of

death: Died of Wounds, No 19 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 14 April 1917 c1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/548/104 Will of 33153 Private Lance Corporal George Easton MOFFAT, formerly 1592 R. Scots.or 174th MG Coy, Machine

Gun Corps (Infantry). Cause of death: Died, No 5 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 26 March 1917 (25

March 1917 - 25 March 1917) 4 Aug 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/550/6 Will of 39687 Private George ORR, 2nd Bn., Royal Scots (Lothian Regiment). Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No

41 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 11 April 1917 6 Dec 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/557/40 Will of 202394 203394 Private WELSH or Samuel WELSH, 5/6th Bn., Cameronians (Scottish Rifles). Cause of

death: Unknown, No 32 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France., 25 April 1917 13 Jul 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/558/2 Will of S/16459 16459 Private Peter Young, 8th Bn., Black Watch (Royal Highlanders). Cause of death: Died of

Wounds, No 1 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 18 April 1917 30 Dec 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/559/5 Will of 40306 Private Robert AITKEN, 7/8th Bn. formerly 5545 R. Scots., King's Own Scottish Borderers. Cause

of death: Died of Wounds, No 10 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 24 June 1917 29 Aug 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/559/11 Will of S/40334 Private James ANDERSON, 1st Bn., Gordon Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 8

Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 20 June 1917 18 Jan 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/560/1 Will of 40451 Private BORTHWICK or James BORTHWICK, 1st Bn., Cameronians (Scottish Rifles). Cause of death:

Unknown, No 20 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France., 22 May 1917 22 Aug 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/560/9 Will of 11134 Lance Corporal BURRELL or Robert C BURRELL, 1st Bn.or 2nd, Cameronians (Scottish Rifles). Cause

of death: Unknown, No 55 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France., 7 May 1917 11 Apr 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/560/19 Will of S/8871 Private Alexander Brown, 9th Bn., Black Watch (Royal Highlanders). Cause of death: Died of

Wounds, No 10 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 1 July 1917 21 Dec 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/562/5 Will of 192445 Pnr Bernard DONAGHEY, P. Spec. Coy., formerly 60835 R.F.A., Royal Engineers. Cause of death:

Died of Wounds, No 3 Canadian Casualty Clearing Station, Belgium, France and Flanders, 9 June 1917 18 Aug 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/565/4 Will of 240215 Private James GUILD, 4/5th Bn., Black Watch (Royal Highlanders). Cause of death: Died of

Wounds, No 12 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 6 July 1917 c1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/565/11 Will of 292435 Private Peter GILMOUR, 7th Bn.or 1/7th, Gordon Highlanders. Cause of death: Killed in action,

No 30 Casualty Clearing Station, France and Flanders, 26 April 1917 8 Nov 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/565/26 Will of 650128 Gunner John Mackenzie GEDDES, (T.F.)., Royal Horse and Royal Field Artillery. Cause of death:

Died of Wounds, No 3 Canadian Casualty Clearing Station, [Camiers?], France and Flanders, 21 June 1917 c1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/565/31 Will of 54902 Corporal Acting Corporal William Minto GLENDINNING, or 19th Siege Battery, RGA, Royal Garrison

Artillery. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 18 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 10 May 1917 1 Mar

1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/569/5 Will of S/5857 Private William KINNOCH, 12th Bn., Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of

Wounds, No 28 Casualty Clearing Station, Greece, Salonika., 26 April 1917 13 Oct 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/570/16 Will of S/40641 Private Andrew LEISHMAN, 2nd Bn. formerly S/4203 A.& S.H., Seaforth Highlanders. Cause of

death: Died of Wounds, No 30 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 15 April 1917 29 Sep 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/571/37 Will of 76261 Private McFARLANE or Francis Binnie McFARLANE, 9th Bn., formerly 404070, Highland Field Coy.,

R.E., Sherwood Foresters (Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire Regiment). Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 1 Australian Casualty

Clearing Station, France and Flanders, 11 July 1916 (11 June 1917 - 11 June 1917) 1 Jan 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/571/47 Will of 48899 Sergeant Thomas MOORE, formerly 10016 A.& S.H.or 81st MG Coy, Machine Gun Corps (Infantry).

Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 40 Casualty Clearing Station, Salonika, Greece, Salonika., 5 October 1916 27 Nov 1914

Open

Details

SC70/8/571/87 Will of 38805 Private William McNICOL, 16th Bn., Royal Scots (Lothian Regiment). Cause of death: Died of

Wounds, No 30 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 29 April 1917 20 Mar 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/577/56 Will of 25264 Private William STIRLING, 11th Bn., Royal Scots (Lothian Regiment). Cause of death: Died of

Wounds, No 42 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 7 June 1917 1 Jun 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/581/20 Will of 23198 Corporal David ARTHUR, 11th Bn., Royal Inniskilling Fusiliers. Cause of death: Died of Wounds,

No 44 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 22 August 1917 9 Jul 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/582/21 Will of S/13227 132227 Private James BORTHWICK, 1st Bn. formerly 21352 Cameron Highlanders., Seaforth

Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 16 Casualty Clearing Station, Mesopotamia, Persian Gulf., 25 April 1917

26 Aug 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/584/2 Will of S/41163 Private Andrew DUFFY, 6th Bn. formerly 30475 Cameron High.or 1/6th, Seaforth Highlanders.

Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 10 Casualty Clearing Station, Belgium, France and Flanders, 7 July 1917 10 Aug 1917

Open

Details

SC70/8/587/5 Will of 12311 A/Sdlr./Sgt Robert GUNN, Royal Horse and Royal Field Artillery. Cause of death: Died, No 40

Casualty Clearing Station, Salonika, Greece, Mesopotamia., 7 June 1917 c1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/587/17 Will of 241381 Lance Corporal GOODALL or George Duncan GOODALL, 1st Bn.or 5th, Gordon Highlanders. Cause of

death: Died of Wounds, No 3 Casualty Clearing Station, France and Flanders, 17 July 1917 10 Jun 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/587/27 Will of 121900 Sapper Robert GEMMELL, 253rd Tunn. Coy., Royal Engineers. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No

17 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 2 August 1917 3 Aug 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/588/1 Will of 110124 Gunner Andrew HOOD, Royal Garrison Artillery. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 2 Australian

Casualty Clearing Station, France and Flanders, 3 July 1917 12 Jan 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/591/4 Will of 28792 Private John KIPPEN, 2nd Bn., Royal Scots Fusiliers. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 10

Casualty Clearing Station, Belgium, France and Flanders, 2 August 1917 1 Feb 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/592/10 Will of 243111 Private LANG or Robert Howard LANG, 1/5th Bn., King's Own (Royal Lancaster Regiment). Cause of

death: Died of Wounds, No 2 Casualty Clearing Station, Belgium, France and Flanders, 22 June 1917 c1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/593/87 Will of 631439 Gunner Charles McFARLANE, (T.F.)., Royal Horse and Royal Field Artillery. Cause of death: Died

of Wounds, No 41 Casualty Clearing Station, France or Belgium, France and Flanders, 17 May 1917 8 Dec 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/593/106 Will of 27213 Corporal Donald McGOUGAN, 17th Bn., Highland Light Infantry. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No

36 Casualty Clearing Station, France and Flanders, 11 September 1917 8 Nov 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/593/137 Will of 69077 Gunner Thomas McARTHUR, Royal Horse and Royal Field Artillery. Cause of death: Died, No 18

Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 24 May 1917 c1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/595/1 Will of 19885 Private Alexander OLIVER, 2nd Bn., Royal Scots (Lothian Regiment). Cause of death: Died of

Wounds, No 41 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 14 June 1917 14 Feb 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/595/9 Will of 110975 Gunner Alexander OSWALD, Royal Garrison Artillery. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 46

Casualty Clearing Station, France or Belgium, France and Flanders, 11 July 1917 25 Jun 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/596/13 Will of M2/077668 Private Andrew Paterson, Army Service Corps, attached to 97th Royal Field Artillery. , No 2

Casualty Clearing Station, Belgium (6 June 1917 - 6 June 1917) c1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/598/15 Will of 335796 Private William STIRRAT, 8th Bn. formerly 7417 H.L.I.or 1/8th, Royal Scots (Lothian Regiment).

Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 46 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 28 June 1917 24 Jun 1917

Open

Details

SC70/8/598/55 Will of 83515 Bombardier John SHIELS, Royal Garrison Artillery. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 64

Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 18 July 1917 21 Apr 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/601/21 Will of 30321 Corporal WATSON or John WATSON, 2nd Bn., Cameronians (Scottish Rifles). Cause of death:

Unknown, No 48 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France., 27 February 1917 12 Dec 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/601/24 Will of 663051 Bombardier Robert WEBSTER, (T.F.)., Royal Horse and Royal Field Artillery. Cause of death:

Died of Wounds, No 12 Casualty Clearing Station, France or Belgium, France and Flanders, 10 June 1917 28 Apr 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/602/1 Will of 200720 Corporal William Yeomans, 1/4th Bn., King's Own Scottish Borderers. Cause of death: Died of

Wounds, No 54 Casualty Clearing Station, Palestine, Egypt., 7 June 1917 17 May 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/602/3 Will of 241257 Private George Yule, 4/5th Bn., Black Watch (Royal Highlanders). Cause of death: Died of

Wounds, No 61 Casualty Clearing Station, France or Belgium, France and Flanders, 2 August 1917 19 Aug 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/603/13 Will of 202107 Private James ADAMS, 7/8th Bn. formerly 3613 R. Scots., King's Own Scottish Borderers. Cause

of death: Died of Wounds, No 32 Casualty Clearing Station, France or Belgium, France and Flanders, 21 August 1917 14

Jul 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/603/23 Will of 21544 Sergeant John ANTHONY, 17th Bn., Royal Scots (Lothian Regiment). Cause of death: Died of

Wounds, No 5 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 24 August 1917 1 Feb 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/604/5 Will of S/21557 Private John BIRRELL, 8th Bn. formerly 5267 R. Highlanders., Seaforth Highlanders. Cause of

death: Died of Wounds, No 2 Canadian Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 24 August 1917 13 Apr 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/608/9 Will of 104587 Bombardier John FORSYTH, or 70th, Royal Horse and Royal Field Artillery. Cause of death: Died

of Wounds, No 19 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 11 May 1917 24 Jan 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/608/15 Will of S/40399 Private Preston FLEMING, 1/8th Bn., Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders. Cause of death: Died

of Wounds, No 64 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 20 September 1917 12 Mar 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/609/3 Will of 162890 Driver Robert GILLIES, 283rd A.T. Coy., Royal Engineers. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 36

Casualty Clearing Station, France and Flanders, 28 September 1917 10 Aug 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/609/16 Will of 290157 Corporal John W GORDON, 7th Bn., Gordon Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 64

Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 5 September 1917 12 Nov 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/609/25 Will of 655084 Acting Corporal John Gough, Royal Field Artillery. , No 36 Casualty Clearing Station, France

(2 October 1917 - 2 October 1917) 20 May 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/609/27 Will of S/40250 3/40250 A/Cpl Corporal Aleck GUNN, 2nd Bn., Gordon Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of

Wounds, No 3 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 2 December 1916 7 Aug 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/613/21 Will of 15397 Private KING or Joseph KING, 11th Bn., Cameronians (Scottish Rifles). Cause of death: Unknown,

No 31 Casualty Clearing Station, Salonica, 9 May 1917 8 Nov 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/615/72 Will of 282732 Gunner Charles MANCLARK, or 187 Siege Btty, Royal Garrison Artillery. Cause of death: Died of

Wounds, No 61 Casualty Clearing Station, France or Belgium, France and Flanders, 11 August 1917 4 Nov 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/615/97 Will of S/5553 5553 Private Acting Corporal Michael McLAUGHLIN, 10th Bn., Black Watch (Royal Highlanders).

Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 31 Casualty Clearing Station, Salonika, Greece, France and Flanders, 10 May 1917 c1917

Open

Details

SC70/8/615/121 Will of 75367 A/Cpl Hugh Graham McLAGAN, or Y/17 Trench Mortar Battery, RFA, Royal Horse and Royal Field

Artillery. Cause of death: Died, No 19 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 17 July 1917 2 Nov 1916

Open

Details

SC70/8/616/6 Will of 175610 Driver Thomas NIGHTINGALE, or Ammunition Column, 298th Army Bde, RFA, Royal Horse and Royal

Field Artillery. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 17 Casualty Clearing Station, France or Belgium, France and Flanders, 16

September 1917 c1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/616/8 Will of 14090 Private Robert NISH, 6/7th Bn., Royal Scots Fusiliers. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 2

Canadian Clearing Station, France or Belgium, France and Flanders, 23 August 1917 2 Jun 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/620/26 Will of 16130 Private REAVEY or James REAVEY, 2nd Bn., Cameronians (Scottish Rifles). Cause of death:

Unknown, No 2 Canadian Casualty Clearing Station, France, France., 1 August 1917 1 May 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/621/1 Will of 355003 Regimemtal Quarter Master Sergeant James STODDART, or 1/10th, Liverpool Scottish. Cause of

death: Died of Wounds, No 2 Canadian Casualty Clearing Station, Belgium, France and Flanders, 2 August 1917 8 Nov 1914

Open

Details

SC70/8/621/29 Will of 307139 Private William SKELLY, (T.F.).or Highland Casualty Clearing Station, Royal Army Medical

Corps. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, Home., 21 June 1917 7 Jul 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/621/33 Will of 631512 Driver John SHIELDS, (T.F.).or 203 Bde, RFA, Royal Horse and Royal Field Artillery. Cause of

death: Died of Wounds, No 2 Canadian Casualty Clearing Station, France and Flanders, 29 July 1917 22 Jul 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/621/51 Will of 241305 Lance Corporal James SMART, 5th Bn., Gordon Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 64

Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 6 August 1917 9 Jul 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/622/13 Will of 28130 Private THOMSON or John THOMSON, 11th Bn., Cameronians (Scottish Rifles). Cause of death:

Unknown, No 31 Casualty Clearing Station, Macedonia, Greece, Salonica., 12 June 1917 (12 May 1917 - 12 May 1917) 18

Dec 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/625/18 Will of 295933 Private James Fairbairn WATSON, 12th Bn., Royal Scots Fusiliers. Cause of death: Died, No 26

Casualty Clearing Station, El Arish, Egypt, Egypt., 2 August 1917 18 May 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/627/13 Will of 292582 Private William Alexander ALLAN, 7th Bn.or 1/7th, Black Watch (Royal Highlanders). Cause of

death: Died of Wounds, No 4 Casualty Clearing Station, France or Belgium, France and Flanders, 30 July 1917 24 Jun 1917

Open

Details

SC70/8/628/4 Will of S/17888 Private James BARRON, 6th Bn. formerly 29665 R.S.F.or 1/6th, Seaforth Highlanders. Cause of

death: Died of Wounds, No 32 Casualty Clearing Station, France or Belgium, France and Flanders, 1 August 1917 9 Jun 1917

Open

Details

SC70/8/628/21 Will of S/40520 40520 Private William BAXTER, 7th Bn. formerly 3692 Lovat Scouts., Queen's Own Cameron

Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 3 Canadian Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 23 August

1917 28 Aug 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/629/68 Will of 17903 Lance Corporal William CHISHOLM, formerly 2392, R. Irish Rif.or 25th MG Coy, Machine Gun Corps

(Infantry). Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 32 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 18 August 1917

8 Jul 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/632/2 Will of T/30328 Driver Peter FRASER, or att No 11 Div'l Ammo Col, Royal Army Service Corps. Cause of death:

Died of Wounds, No 4 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 21 August 1917 13 Aug 1914 Open

Details

SC70/8/633/12 Will of 1369 Corporal James GORMAN, 8/10th Bn., Gordon Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 10

Casualty Clearing Station, France and Flanders, 24 August 1917 28 Apr 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/633/16 Will of 252258 Private GILMOUR, 1/6th Bn., Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds,

No 11 Casualty Clearing Station, Cape Helles, Gallipoli, Turkey, France and Flanders, 15 October 1917 4 Apr 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/633/19 Will of 276774 Private James GAMACK, 1/7th Bn., Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of

Wounds, No 4 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 25 September 1917 26 Jul 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/633/22 Will of 158521 Gunner Robert GIBSON, or 22nd Heavy Btty, Royal Garrison Artillery. Cause of death: Died of

Wounds, No 17 Casualty Clearing Station, France and Flanders, 16 November 1917 c1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/637/1 Will of 238048 Lance Corporal Acting Lance Corporal William KIRK, 4th Bn.or 2nd, Gordon Highlanders. Cause of

death: Died of Wounds, No 49 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 26 April 1917 28 Aug 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/637/15 Will of 44847 Sapper Robert KERR, 83rd Field Coy., Royal Engineers. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 61

Casualty Clearing Station, Belgium, France and Flanders, 11 September 1917 30 Aug 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/638/17 Will of 631098 Gunner John LAWRIE or George LAWRIE, (T.F.)., Royal Horse and Royal Field Artillery. Cause of

death: Died of Wounds, No 30 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 14 March 1917 c1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/639/8 Will of 13379 Sergeant Hugh McKAY, 6/7th Bn., Royal Scots Fusiliers. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 10

Casualty Clearing Station, France or Belgium, France and Flanders, 10 July 1917 6 Jul 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/639/52 Will of 273117 Private Alexander McINULTY, 12th Bn. formerly 3270 Ayrshire Yeo. 203580 R. Scot. Fus.or 2nd,

Royal Scots (Lothian Regiment). Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 8 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders,

7 May 1917 26 Apr 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/639/109 Will of 14628 Guardsman Private George McGUIGAN, or 1st, Scots Guards. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 12

Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 16 September 1917 16 Jan 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/639/117 Will of 28854 Private Daniel McFADYEN, 6/7th Bn., Royal Scots Fusiliers. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No

12 Casualty Clearing Station, France or Belgium, France and Flanders, 28 August 1917 27 Jun 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/639/128 Will of 650226 Gunner Joseph MOORE alias Joseph McCulloch Moore McDonald, (T.F.)., Royal Horse and Royal

Field Artillery. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 37 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 8 September

1917 c1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/644/34 Will of 665192 Gunner Alexander RAE, (T.F.)., Royal Horse and Royal Field Artillery. Cause of death: Died of

Wounds, No 66 Casualty Clearing Station, Palestine, Palestine., 21 August 1917 24 May 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/644/42 Will of 253361 Private John REID, 1/6th Bn., Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of

Wounds, No 17 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 3 October 1917 8 Jun 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/646/5 Will of 651222 Driver James TAIT, (T.F.)., Royal Horse and Royal Field Artillery. Cause of death: Died of

Wounds, No 3 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 21 June 1917 20 Aug 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/646/26 Will of 55324 Sapper John THOMSON, 111th Field Coy.or 111th Railway Coy, Royal Engineers. Cause of death:

Died of Wounds, No 19 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 12 July 1917 11 Feb 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/651/7 Will of 45440 Private William ANDERSON, 14th Bn. formerly 14206 Cameron Highlanders.or 11th, Northumberland

Fusiliers. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 17 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 20 September 1917

6 Dec 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/651/11 Will of 21774 217774 Gunner George Cowre ALLAN or George Cowie ALLAN, or C btty, 76 Bde, RFA, Royal Horse and

Royal Field Artillery. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 47 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 5

October 1917 c1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/652/8 Will of 302525 Private Thomas Brown, 17th Bn. formerly 7628. H.L.I., Royal Scots (Lothian Regiment). Cause of

death: Died of Wounds, No 12 Casualty Clearing Station, France or Belgium, France and Flanders, 26 October 1917 20

Jun 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/652/17 Will of 168144 Gunner Francis BIRNIE, Royal Garrison Artillery. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 37

Casualty Clearing Station, France or Belgium, France and Flanders, 17 October 1917 15 Jun 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/652/57 Will of 260097 Private Archibald BRYAN, 5th Bn. formerly 4467 A.& S.H.or 1/5th, Seaforth Highlanders. Cause

of death: Died of Wounds, No 4 Casualty Clearing Station, Belgium, France and Flanders, 22 September 1917 11 May 1917

Open

Details

SC70/8/652/58 Will of 14951 Corporal George Brown, 16th Bn., Highland Light Infantry. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 36

Casualty Clearing Station, Belgium, France and Flanders, 22 October 1917 28 Aug 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/652/64 Will of 303225 Private John Brown, 1/8th Bn., Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of

Wounds, No 21 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 26 November 1917 1 Jan 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/656/17 Will of S/40630 40630 Corporal Murdoch FERGUSON, 6th Bn. formerly 3552 Lovat Scouts., Queen's Own Cameron

Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 32 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 5 August 1917

27 Aug 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/657/22 Will of 412830 Sapper William GORDON, Reinforcements., Royal Engineers. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 2

Casualty Clearing Station, Belgium, France and Flanders, 1 November 1917 30 Apr 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/659/3 Will of 2/Lieutenant. (Tp.). James David INNES, 24th Bn., Northumberland Fusiliers. Cause of death: Died of

Wounds, No 55 Casualty Clearing Station, France, Unknown, 5 August 1917 17 Jul 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/661/9 Will of 40430 Private Charles KILDAY, 2nd Bn. formerly 6196 R. Mun. Fus.or 1st, Royal Dublin Fusiliers. Cause

of death: Died of Wounds, No 4 Casualty Clearing Station, France or Belgium, France and Flanders, 8 August 1917 23

Apr 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/661/21 Will of 41655 Private KANE or Hugh KANE, 5/6th Bn., Cameronians (Scottish Rifles). Cause of death: Unknown,

No 1 Canadian Casualty Clearing Station, Belgium., 25 August 1917 7 Jun 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/662/15 Will of S/16011 16011 Private George LAWSON, 2nd Bn., Queen's Own Cameron Highlanders. Cause of death: Died,

No 27 Casualty Clearing Station, Macedonia, Greece, Salonika., 17 October 1917 18 Sep 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/663/40 Will of 30729 Private John McFARLANE, 7th Bn., Norfolk Regiment. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 19

Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 26 August 1917 6 Jul 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/663/69 Will of 11959 Guardsman Private George Edward MARSHALL, or 1st, Scots Guards. Cause of death: Died of Wounds,

No 41 Casualty Clearing Station, Belgium, France and Flanders, 11 October 1917 13 Aug 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/663/84 Will of 265778 Private Peter McALLISTER, 6th Bn.or 1/6th, Gordon Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds,

No 6 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 20 September 1917 1 Aug 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/663/95 Will of 43380 Corporal MARTIN or Thomas MARTIN, 9th Bn., Cameronians (Scottish Rifles). Cause of death:

Unknown, No 44 Casualty Clearing Station, Belgium, France., 29 September 1918 (29 September 1917 - 29 September 1917) c1917

Open

Details

SC70/8/663/97 Will of 42352 Private James MULLEN, formerly 2132 Scot. Rif., Machine Gun Corps (Infantry). Cause of death:

Died of Wounds, No 64 Casualty Clearing Station, France and Flanders, 21 July 1917 19 Jul 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/663/116 Will of 10149 Lance Sergeant Lance Corporal George Henry James MIDDLEMISS, or 1st, Scots Guards. Cause of

death: Died of Wounds, No 46 Casualty Clearing Station, Belgium, France and Flanders, 10 October 1917 6 Aug 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/663/130 Will of 5249 Private Thomas MURPHY, 18th Bn., Highland Light Infantry. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 46

Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 12 November 1917 6 Jan 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/666/28 Will of 951565 Gunner John Bishop PATERSON, (T.F.)., Royal Horse and Royal Field Artillery. Cause of death:

Died of Wounds, No 61 Casualty Clearing Station, Belgium, France and Flanders, 4 October 1917 23 Jun 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/666/31 Will of 202420 Private PACE or William PACE, 2nd Bn., Cameronians (Scottish Rifles). Cause of death: Unknown,

No 2 Australian Casualty Clearing Station, France, France., 19 October 1917 1 Sep 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/667/17 Will of 30801 Private Peter REILLY, 6th Bn., King's Own Scottish Borderers. Cause of death: Died of Wounds,

No 46 Casualty Clearing Station, Belgium, France and Flanders, 21 September 1917 21 Aug [1917] Open

Details

SC70/8/668/25 Will of 97782 Private James SCOTT, formerly 28311 K.O.S.B., Machine Gun Corps (Infantry). Cause of death:

Died of Wounds, No 61 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 5 September 1917 14 June 1917 Open

SC70/8/668/33 Will of 10623 Guardsman Private John Smith, or 2nd, Scots Guards. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 42

Casualty Clearing Station, Belgium, France and Flanders, 15 October 1917 4 Oct 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/670/9 Will of 25664 Private Lance Corporal John WATSON, 2nd Bn., Royal Scots (Lothian Regiment). Cause of death:

Died of Wounds, No 44 Casualty Clearing Station, Belgium, France and Flanders, 27 September 1917 7 June 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/670/27 Will of 2020 2022 Acting Lance Corporal George Alexander WALLACE, or 9th Field Ambulance, Royal Army Medical

Corps. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 61 Casualty Clearing Station, Belgium, France and Flanders, 18 October 1917 24

Aug 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/672/6 Will of 30769 Private James AGNEW, 12th Bn., Royal Scots (Lothian Regiment). Cause of death: Died of Wounds,

No 12 Casualty Clearing Station, France or Belgium, France and Flanders, 14 October 1917 (13 October 1917 - 13 October 1917)

15 Sep 1917 Open

Deatils

SC70/8/672/7 Will of 10729 Guardsman Private Thomas ANDERSON, or 2nd, Scots Guards. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 48

Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 27 November 1917 1 Jun 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/673/37 Will of 93397 Driver Thomas BURLINGTON, Royal Horse and Royal Field Artillery. Cause of death: Died of

Wounds, No 61 Casualty Clearing Station, France or Belgium, France and Flanders, 5 December 1917 23 Jan 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/673/39 Will of 18434 Private John Allan BIRRELL, formerly 9423, A. & S.H., Machine Gun Corps (Infantry). Cause of

death: Died of Wounds, No 61 Casualty Clearing Station, France or Belgium, France and Flanders, 15 October 1917 (14 October

1917 - 14 October 1917) 22 Apr 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/674/6 Will of 635876 Corporal David CHALMERS, D.C.M., (T.F.)., Royal Horse and Royal Field Artillery. Cause of

death: Died of Wounds, No 21 Casualty Clearing Station, France or Belgium, France and Flanders, 30 November 1917 c1917

Open

Details

SC70/8/675/7 Will of 217908 Gunner William Paterson DYKES, Royal Horse and Royal Field Artillery. Cause of death: Died of

Wounds, No 64 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 12 December 1917 16 Sep 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/677/16 Will of 291008 Private Mark FLOCKHART, 7th Bn., Black Watch (Royal Highlanders). Cause of death: Died of

Wounds, No 1 Canadian Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 23 April 1917 17 Nov 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/677/17 Will of 192938 Gunner James FOYLAN, Royal Horse and Royal Field Artillery. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No

55 Casualty Clearing Station, France or Belgium, France and Flanders, 2 December 1917 30 Apr 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/678/16 Will of 276020 Private John Purse GRAHAM, 1/7th Bn., Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders. Cause of death: Died

of Wounds, No 48 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 22 November 1917 14 Jun 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/678/19 Will of 10491 Lance Corporal Private GILLON or Patrick GILLON, 2nd Bn., Cameronians (Scottish Rifles). Cause

of death: Unknown, No 10 Casualty Clearing Station, France., 30 July 1917 21 Jun 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/681/11 Will of 408199 Sapper JOSS or John Anderson JOSS, 552nd Aberdeen A.T. Coy., Royal Engineers. Cause of death:

Died of Wounds, No 33 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 23 December 1917 13 Oct 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/684/2 Will of S/23105 Private William McCAIRNS, 7th Bn. formerly TR/1/12632 T.R. Battn., Seaforth Highlanders.

Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 12 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 15 October 1917 5 Aug 1917

Open

Details

SC70/8/684/6 Will of 240708 Lance Sergeant McKERROW or Charles Howitson McKERROW, 5th Bn.or 1/5th, Seaforth Highlanders.

Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 21 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 24 November 1917 4 Oct 1917

Open

Details

SC70/8/684/41 Will of 43065 Private James C McCULLOCH, 12th Bn., Royal Scots (Lothian Regiment). Cause of death: Died of

Wounds, No 30 Casualty Clearing Station, F. & F., 19 January 1917 5 Jul 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/684/50 Will of 42543 Private McIVER or Hugh Wallace McIVER, 12th Bn. formerly 28743 R. Scot. Fus., Highland Light

Infantry. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 19 Casualty Clearing Station, France or Belgium, France and Flanders, 27

September 1917 (27 September 1916 - 27 September 1916) 1 Apr 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/684/75 Will of 68741 Private James MARSHALL, 20th Bn. formerly 194560 Labour Corps., Durham Light Infantry. Cause of

death: Died of Wounds, No 2 Canadian Casualty Clearing Station, Belgium, France and Flanders, 21 September 1917 25

Jul 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/684/87 Will of 40905 Private Abraham McINTOSH, 7/8th Bn. formerly 5846 H.L.I., King's Own Scottish Borderers. Cause

of death: Died of Wounds, No 19 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 13 November 1917 14 Apr 1917

Open

Details

SC70/8/684/102 Will of S/5302 Corporal Murdo MacLEOD, 2nd Bn., Seaforth Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 4

Casualty Clearing Station, Belgium, France and Flanders, 9 October 1917 2 Nov 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/684/103 Will of 4143 Private Daniel MURRAY, 1st Bn., Prince of Wales's Leinster Regiment (Royal Canadians). Cause of

death: Died, No 27 Casualty Clearing Station, Greece, Salonica., 3 September 1917 4 Jun 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/685/3 Will of 3/7285 Private Roderick NICOLSON or Roderick Nicholson, 2nd Bn., Seaforth Highlanders. Cause of

death: Died of Wounds, No 61 Casualty Clearing Station, Belgium, France and Flanders, 6 October 1917 18 Aug 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/687/1 Will of 238116 Private G PATON or David PATON, 5/6th Bn., Cameronians (Scottish Rifles). Cause of death:

Unknown, No 3 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France., 27 September 1917 19 May 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/689/3 Will of 5740 Private James REILLY, 1st Bn., Irish Guards. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 61 Casualty

Clearing Station, Belgium, France and Flanders, 9 October 1917 22 Apr 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/693/17 Will of 203017 Private Winning or John Winning, 1/8th Bn., Cameronians (Scottish Rifles). Cause of death:

Unknown, No 66 Casualty Clearing Station, Egypt., 30 July 1917 19 Dec 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/696/12 Will of 2440 Private Alexander Fairgrieve AITON, formerly 24607. R. Scots., Labour Corps. Cause of death:

Died of Wounds, No 2 Australian Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 2 June 1917 29 Jun 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/696/20 Will of 4031 Corporal George ALLAN, formerly 13146, Gordon Highrs., Machine Gun Corps (Infantry). Cause of

death: Died of Wounds, No 3 Casualty Clearing Station, France and Flanders, 6 May 1917 28 Jun 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/698/37 Will of 13243 Private CHEYNE or Andrew Milne CHEYNE, 15th Bn., Highland Light Infantry. Cause of death: Died

of Wounds, No 64 Casualty Clearing Station, Belgium, France and Flanders, 17 December 1917 28 Nov 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/701/5 Will of 13550 Private John FOSTER, 17th Bn., Highland Light Infantry. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 46

Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 9 December 1917 22 Nov 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/701/25 Will of 402198 Sapper James Watson FRASER, 401st Field Coy., Royal Engineers. Cause of death: Died of Wounds,

No 29 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 11 January 1918 6 Jan 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/707/18 Will of 6711 Private Walter LEITHEAD, 6th Bn., King's Own Scottish Borderers. Cause of death: Died of Wounds,

No 47 Casualty Clearing Station, France or Belgium, France and Flanders, 23 October 1917 25 Dec 1914 Open

Details

SC70/8/707/21 Will of 40644 Private William LAUDER, 17th Bn. formerly 4727 5th Res. Cav. Regt., Royal Scots (Lothian

Regiment). Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 61 Casualty Clearing Station, France or Belgium, France and Flanders, 3

November 1917 15 Dec 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/708/99 Will of S/12480 Lance Corporal James MURRAY, 2nd Bn., Gordon Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No

17 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 26 October 1917 1918 Open

Details

SC70/8/708/112 Will of S/8270 Corporal James MacARTHUR or James McArthur, 9th Bn., Seaforth Highlanders. Cause of death:

Died of Wounds, No 5 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 8 February 1917 (8 February 1918 - 8 February

1918) c1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/708/145 Will of 278606 Private James McGRATH, 1/7th Bn.or 7th, Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders. Cause of death:

Died of Wounds, No 3 Casualty Clearing Station, France and Flanders, 19 December 1917 21 Mar 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/708/154 Will of 325134 Private Archibald MONTGOMERY, 2nd Bn.or 9th, Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders. Cause of

death: Died of Wounds, No 3 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 18 November 1917 9 Aug 1914 Open

Details

SC70/8/711/3 Will of 30572 Private William PRICE, 2nd Bn., Highland Light Infantry. Cause of death: Died, No 45 Casualty

Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 9 December 1917 c1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/711/17 Will of 650276 Gunner Archibald Armet PAYNE, (T.F.)., Royal Horse and Royal Field Artillery. Cause of death:

Died of Wounds, No 17 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 8 June 1917 8 Nov 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/715/10 Will of 41628 Private John Arthur Woodger, 12th (Service) (Sheffield) Bn., York and Lancaster Regiment. Cause

of death: Died of Wounds, No 19 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 25 October 1917 16 Jun 1917

Open

Details

SC70/8/715/14 Will of 129800 Gunner John Williamson, Royal Garrison Artillery. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 1

Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 19 January 1918 18 Aug 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/717/8 Will of 240535 Sergeant William ANDERSON, 6th Bn. (T.).or 1/6th, Highland Light Infantry. Cause of death:

Died of Wounds, No 77 Casualty Clearing Station, Egypt., 22 January 1918 c1918 Open

Details

SC70/8/717/9 Will of 292128 Private John ARNOTT, 9th Bn., Black Watch (Royal Highlanders). Cause of death: Died of Wounds,

No 19 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 17 December 1917 2 Nov 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/717/10 Will of 61832 Sapper David ALEXANDER, 174th Tunn. Coy., Royal Engineers. Cause of death: Died, No 45 Casualty

Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 15 January 1918 14 Jan 1918 Open

Details

SC70/8/717/11 Will of 110756 Gunner John ALLEN or John Allan, or 277th Siege Battery, Royal Garrison Artillery. Cause of

death: Died of Wounds, No 3 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 25 November 1917 6 Dec 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/718/39 Will of 81469 Private Thomas Brown, or 56th Field Ambulance, Royal Army Medical Corps. Cause of death: Died

of Wounds, No 12 Casualty Clearing Station, Belgium, France and Flanders, 30 October 1917 27 Jan 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/722/26 Will of 94017 Sapper David FORSYTH, 217th A.T. Coy., Royal Engineers. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 41

Casualty Clearing Station, Belgium, France and Flanders, 31 March 1918 25 Feb 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/723/3 Will of 201397 Private David T GRAHAM, 5th Bn. (T.).or 1/5th, Highland Light Infantry. Cause of death: Died

of Wounds, No 66 Casualty Clearing Station, Egypt., 9 November 1917 5 Aug 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/723/13 Will of S/40765 Private Alexander GRANT, 5th Bn. formerly 6259 Lovat Scouts., Queen's Own Cameron

Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 5 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 30 December 1917

30 Oct 1916 Open

Deatails

SC70/8/723/17 Will of 59424 Sapper James GRAHAM, "P" Spec. Coy., Royal Engineers. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 3

Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 23 December 1917 1 Sep 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/724/2 Will of 202590 Private Stewart HOLMES, 4th Bn.or 1/4th, Seaforth Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds,

No 48 Casualty Clearing Station, Belgium, France and Flanders, 23 November 1917 8 Oct 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/724/27 Will of 204464 Private Alexander HUNTER, 5th Bn.or 1/5th, Seaforth Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of

Wounds, No 48 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 26 November 1917 16 Nov 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/729/76 Will of 203507 Private Archibald MOFFAT, 7th Bn., Seaforth Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 55

Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 28 December 1917 17 Dec 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/729/99 Will of 265133 A/Cpl John MOORE, 6th Bn.or 1/6th, Seaforth Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 32

Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 31 July 1917 21 Feb 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/732/9 Will of 202127 Private Hugh Allan PHAIR, 7/8th Bn. formerly 3634 R. Scots., King's Own Scottish Borderers.

Cause of death: Died, No 8 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 1 January 1918 15 Jul 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/735/5 Will of 650049 A/Bdr William SWAN, (T.F.)., Royal Horse and Royal Field Artillery. Cause of death: Died of

Wounds, No 37 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 7 September 1917 c1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/738/17 Will of 352288 Private John WELSH, M.M., 9th Bn. formerly 28448 H.L.I., Royal Scots (Lothian Regiment). Cause

of death: Died of Wounds, No 3 Casualty Clearing Station, France and Flanders, 23 December 1917 10 Jun 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/738/20 Will of 203195 Private Robert Williamson, 4th Bn.or 1/4th, Seaforth Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of

Wounds, No 61 Casualty Clearing Station, France and Flanders, 22 September 1917 25 Jun 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/739/2 Will of 82421 Gunner David Young, Royal Garrison Artillery. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 39 Casualty

Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 23 June 1917 11 Dec 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/741/19 Will of 265261 Corporal Robert BURNETT, 6th Bn.or 1/6th, Gordon Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds,

No 49 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 25 March 1918 31 Aug 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/741/32 Will of 42320 Corporal David Brown, Royal Horse and Royal Field Artillery. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No

1 Canadian Clearing Station, Etaples, France, 3 April 1918 27 Aug 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/745/12 Will of 145700 Gunner John FARQUHARSON, Royal Garrison Artillery. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 11

Casualty Clearing Station, France or Belgium, France and Flanders, 11 April 1918 (11 April 1916 - 11 April 1916) 30

Jun 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/749/1 Will of 240062 Private Thomas JACK, 6th Bn. (T.).or 1/6th, Highland Light Infantry. Cause of death: Died of

Wounds, No 77 Casualty Clearing Station, Egypt., 22 December 1917 14 Apr 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/755/13 Will of 424181 Driver Peter Fleming PATON, 19th Div. Signal Coy., Royal Engineers. Cause of death: Died of

Wounds, No 56 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 23 March 1918 26 Jan 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/757/14 Will of 31247 Private Walter SCOTT, 2nd Bn., Royal Scots (Lothian Regiment). Cause of death: Died of Wounds,

No 19 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 6 June 1917 20 Dec 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/759/33 Will of 302383 Private William Wilson, 2nd Bn., Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of

Wounds, No 44 Casualty Clearing Station, Belgium, France and Flanders, 20 March 1918 16 Aug 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/761/6 Will of 42857 Private James ANGUS, Royal Army Medical Corps. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 64 Casualty

Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 19 April 1918 15 Apr 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/761/10 Will of 23103 Private Charles ANDERSON, 2nd Bn.or 12th, Royal Scots (Lothian Regiment). Cause of death: Died

of Wounds, No 4 Canadian Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 16 April 1918 5 Apr 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/761/19 Will of S/17612 17612 Private Robert ANDREWS, 5th Bn., Queen's Own Cameron Highlanders. Cause of death: Died,

No 55 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 18 March 1918 10 Sep 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/762/12 Will of 27246 Private Matthew Brown, 14th Bn., Highland Light Infantry. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 49

Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 26 March 1918 13 Nov 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/763/11 Will of 608060 Rifleman Private William CARBERRY, Unit 18th Co of London Bn. London Irish Rfls, formerly 6395

Lowland ASC posted 10th Bn.Ryl Irish Ror 10th, Honourable Artillery Company (Infantry). The London Regiment. Inns of Court

Officers Training Corps. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 3 Casualty Clearing Station, France and Flanders, 24 November

1917 22 Jun 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/764/26 Will of S/21755 Private Charles DIAMOND, 2nd Bn., Seaforth Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 23

Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 18 April 1918 19 Aug 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/766/3 Will of S/17304 17304 Lance Corporal David FORRESTER, 1st Bn., Seaforth Highlanders. Cause of death: Died, No

16 Casualty Clearing Station, Baghdad, Mesopotamia, Persian Gulf., 12 December 1917 8 Mar 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/766/4 Will of 49015 Private George Oliver FINDLAY, 15th Bn. formerly 29994 T.R. Bn., Royal Scots (Lothian

Regiment). Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 20 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 12 March 1918 12

Aug 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/766/18 Will of 76248 Corporal Alexander FORBES, "F" Cable Sect., Royal Engineers. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No

2 Canadian Casualty Clearing Station, Belgium, France and Flanders, 19 March 1918 c1918 Open

Details

SC70/8/772/1 Will of 42159 Private Thomas LAW, 16th Bn. formerly 27057 R. Scot. Fus., Highland Light Infantry. Cause of

death: Died of Wounds, No 36 Casualty Clearing Station, France or Belgium, France and Flanders, 25 March 1918 19 Dec 1917

Open

Details

SC70/8/772/8 Will of S/21470 Private David LEWIS, 7th Bn. formerly 1713. H.L.I., Queen's Own Cameron Highlanders. Cause of

death: Died of Wounds, No 8 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 29 March 1918 9 Mar 1916 Open

Details

SC70/8/773/52 Will of 270017 Private Alexander McADAM, 11th Bn. formerly 200887 4th Gordon Highrs., Argyll and Sutherland

Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 42 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 23 April 1918

1 Apr 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/782/4 Will of 41666 Private WEBB or William WEBB, 5/6th Bn., Cameronians (Scottish Rifles). Cause of death:

Unknown, No 3 Australian Casualty Clearing Station, France, France., 13 April 1918 5 Jun 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/782/12 Will of 200748 Private James Wighton, 16th Bn., Highland Light Infantry. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No

46 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 30 November 1917 9 Aug 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/784/25 Will of S/24660 Private James ANDERSON, 7th Bn. formerly TR/L/1733 42nd T.R. Bn., Seaforth Highlanders. Cause

of death: Died of Wounds, No 2 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 13 April 1918 28 June 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/784/26 Will of 235083 Private David ANDERSON, 7th Bn. formerly 4862 Cameron Highrs., Seaforth Highlanders. Cause of

death: Died of Wounds, No 10 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 12 April 1918 (12 April 1918 - 12 April

1918) 19 Mar 1918 Open

Details

SC70/8/786/34 Will of 15774 Private John CASSIDY, 1st Bn., Royal Dublin Fusiliers. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 15

Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 11 May 1918 14 Dec 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/787/18 Will of 134459 Sapper John DINNING, 1st Siege Coy., R.A., Royal Engineers. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No

4 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 10 May 1918 21 Nov 1917 Open

Details

SC70/8/789/6 Will of 10749 Private Alexander FOTHERINGHAM, M.M. & BAR., 1st Bn., Royal Scots Fusiliers. Cause of death:

Died of Wounds, No 4 Casualty Clearing Station, France, France and Flanders, 13 April 1918 25 Jan 1915 Open

Details

SC70/8/790/21 Will of S/21375 Lance Corporal Unpaid Lance Corporal GOODWIN or Thomas Stirling GOODWIN, 1st Bn., Gordon

Highlanders. Cause of death: Died of Wounds, No 22 Casualty Clearing Station, France and Flanders, 17 April 1918 24

Mar 1918 Open

Details

SC70/8/792/3 Will of 34082 Private J JOHNSTON or J Joseph, 7th Bn.or 1/8th, Cameronians (Scottish Rifles). Cause of death:

Unknown, No 77 Casualty Clearing Station, Palestine, France., 26 J

This thread puts the GREAT in to the Great War Forum, and I'd like to say thanks to all who have contributed and given generously; especially Barbara, Chris, and John. I also have a question. Barbara, did your dear father record any mention of "HMHS Aberdonian" and the role she played in the war? Please find photo below.

This thread puts the GREAT in to the Great War Forum, and I'd like to say thanks to all who have contributed and given generously; especially Barbara, Chris, and John. I also have a question. Barbara, did your dear father record any mention of "HMHS Aberdonian" and the role she played in the war? I do have a picture, but I can't post it due to size and file space.

Kind Regards,

Dave

Dave

The only information he recorded on file was that HMHS Aberdonian served from 16th January 1915 - 16th June 1919, and the C/O was t/Capt F D Saner [Guys] who was also a surgeon at No 9 Red Cross Hosptial, BEF (no dates though).

Barbara

Many Thanks for this, John.

I think bidding has closed, but this is very exciting, and includes so many more details than the postcard I have. Dated March 1919, and addressed to Mrs. J. H. Spinks, 7 Elland St., Wheldon Road, Castleford, I think this might be of interest to one of the members who was looking for a 'Spinks' a couple of weeks back. Much Appreciated.

Cheers,

Dave

Barbara,

If and when you have time?? could you please check 2 more names in your RAMC lists? They are

62536 Pte Frederick Richard Bones who went to France 11.04.1915. Later transfered to Royal Warwicks as a Sergeant. At some time aboard HMHS Letitia. Was gassed.

23158 Pte John William Bones, a Hospital Storesman who was based in Dartford earlier in the war? His medal Card states that he entered a theatre of war on 22.12.1915 until he went to Egypt aboard HMHS Britannic just before she sank. He remained in Egypt and Palestine until 1919.

These are 2 of my Great Uncles who were in St John Ambulance and vollunteered for military service at the start of the war. Both went back to St John after.

Thank you, Andy

Reading this thread, it's clear there is a wealth of knowledge here, and I hope someone could point me in the direction of information about my Great Uncle (I think) Major General Sir Thomas Yarr, who served in the RAMC during the Great War. He was an Irish surgeon. I've found his 'M.I.D.' s in the London Gazette, so from just knowing his name as a child, I've found details of his progress through the war. I would be very grateful if anyone here could help to fill in any information or point me in the right direction.

Arthur

I understand that Sir Thomas Yarr was a first cousin of my great grandfather, William John Yarr of Ireland and Millom, Cumberland. So I would be interested in information about Sir Thomas too, and how he is your great uncle.

My email address is billeen@paradise.net.nz

Eleen nee Yarr

Barbara,

If and when you have time?? could you please check 2 more names in your RAMC lists? They are

62536 Pte Frederick Richard Bones who went to France 11.04.1915. Later transfered to Royal Warwicks as a Sergeant. At some time aboard HMHS Letitia. Was gassed.

23158 Pte John William Bones, a Hospital Storesman who was based in Dartford earlier in the war? His medal Card states that he entered a theatre of war on 22.12.1915 until he went to Egypt aboard HMHS Britannic just before she sank. He remained in Egypt and Palestine until 1919.

Thank you, Andy

Hello Andy

I do not have either of your Great Uncles listed on my database. Do you have any idea where they both may have enlisted? I maybe able to trace them to a Unit from that and then see if that Unit was in the areas you have stated. A long shot but the information may come together, or at least narrow the options down a bit.

Barbara

Barbara,

Thankyou very much for trying. I don't know where or when they enlisted, just early in the war? They lived in Faversham, Kent -if that's any help?

Regards, Andy

I have a question about a RAMC unit which I'm sure someone could answer.

Territorial 3/3 East Anglian Field Ambulances - to what division was it attached? What were its movements in the UK? Was it posted overseas?

Paul