Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

amy service corps

Guest terry123

Guest terry123

Hi,

First post I have got from a distant relative medal, post cards ect about Private Frank Norris who was from yorkshie and on his demob papers and medals it says ASM i know what it was but how do I find out if he was attached to regiment or unit all it says is ASC.Also on his dog tag it says S4 then no then ASC and then CE is this for chuch of england

I would like some help,information on where to go next.Many Thanks Terry

Hi,

First post I have got from a distant relative medal, post cards ect about Private Frank Norris who was from yorkshie and on his demob papers and medals it says ASM i know what it was but how do I find out if he was attached to regiment or unit all it says is ASC.Also on his dog tag it says S4 then no then ASC and then CE is this for chuch of england

I would like some help,information on where to go next.Many Thanks Terry

Hi Terry and welcome to the forum.

If you post his number in full then I'm sure there is a forum pal who can help you out.

There is a Medal Index Card for a Frank Norris no. S4/xxxxxx for the Army Service Corps (ASC)... is this your man? The CE on his dog tag will be Church of England.

http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/documen...1&resultcount=6

Regards,

Neil.

Guest terry123
Hi Terry and welcome to the forum.

If you post his number in full then I'm sure there is a forum pal who can help you out.

There is a Medal Index Card for a Frank Norris no. S4/xxxxxx for the Army Service Corps (ASC)... is this your man? The CE on his dog tag will be Church of England.

http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/documen...1&resultcount=6

Regards,

Neil.