Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

reparation payments

Guest goudstikker

Guest goudstikker

Hi,

I'm looking for more information regarding reparation paytments according to the treaty of Versailles, article 256:"...aquire all property...of the crown...and other royal personages..."

I know, and has read this many years ago, that a Dutch art dealer has got the commission from the allies to do so: sell of the Dutch school (paintings) of the emporer of Austria.

I know that said artdealer (goudstikker) held during the period , up to 1939, two times a year a salesexhibition. (lasting welknown wonderfull catalogues).

Note: even in 1944 parts of the collection of said artdealer, NOT necessarely coming from the above mentioned collection, were under surveillance of the English secret service '....Miedlle is exporting to Spain,....Goering bought great part of collectio...et cetera.

Noticing that 1000s books and archives are excist regarding reparation payments, and has read a lot, I can't find little to nothing regarding to this reparation, the commission to...how is was distributed/forthfeithed and finalized. Note also that all what is known in this case publications et cetera , starts with the Goudstikkercollection claim from the granddaughter miss SAHER AFTER 1945, the second one! (however I know a lot before that date.)

Reference is made to the book/catalogue in which is discribed the Dutch School collection of the kaiser,

however dated 1884, 30 years before the great war: "Kunsthistorische sammlung...kaiser..gemailde...band II...Niederlandische schulen...approx. 760 numbers. By Eduard Engerth, Wien 1884.

Martin Van Britsom