Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Restaurant in Ypres

IanR

Hello

I hope this isn't a too frivolous use of the forum, but, I am going to Ypres next Friday and wanted to know the name of a particular restaurant so I could book it.

It is the "posh" one on the left-hand side of the Grand Place opposite the Cloth Hall if you are standing with your back to the Menin Gate. I went there last year; pricey, but very good.

Anybody help?

Thanks

Ian

Sounds like the restaurant in the Hotel Regina.

Right opposite the entrance to the Cloth Hall and the fountain in the square - on the corner.

Please don't start Mr Guthrie off on the "You say Der Anker, I say Den Anker" argument again. <_<

• 11 months later...

Give "OLD TOM" a try Good Food,Nice Atmosphere,Reasonable prices,plus it is the Buglers Watering Hole.

Gotta be der Anker!! :blink:

I will be in there Saturday Lunchtime for a Jumbo Pot of Mussels....MMMMMMMMMM... :D..and a Pint of Chimay.

God them mussels is good! :) And der Flemish beef stew! :)

Cor..!!! i forgot about the Stew,Lovely Stuff,not forgetting the Eels in Green Sauce,another Winner.Only One thing Paul,all we ever get with a lot of the Dishes are Chips and Salad,whatever happens to the Fresh Veg ?? :blink:

What about the seemingly universal potato croquettes?

The quite magnificent Flemish stew could only be improved by serving it with boiled spuds, suet dumplings, carrots and cabbage. Now that would be a feast but not much chance I feel.

Cor..!!! i forgot about the Stew,Lovely Stuff,not forgetting the Eels in Green Sauce,another Winner.Only One thing Paul,all we ever get with a lot of the Dishes are Chips and Salad,whatever happens to the Fresh Veg ?? :blink:

I am always afeerd them fresh vegetables will make me vomick up my beer and sauage! :(

Spot On Mate !!!!!!!........... :D

Blimey

:blink:

Will you ever remember eating the mussels after that?

See you friday night in the arriane

Cant get to Ypres until Saturday Morning,but will be in OLD TOM after Eight Thirty after the Last Post

Had a Bash in La Roche En Ardenne last Summer,and managed to consume a goodly amount of Rochefort Ale...Good Kit at at 8% a Bottle,and the Ale is served with the Local Cheese..Great Stuff. :D