Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

CWGC Register - New search facility?

Guest Pete Wood

Is this new?

I have just gone to look for a RFC guy, with a really common name, who may have died sometime in WW1. So I thought I would look him up first, using the RAF search option.

To my surprise (and DELIGHT!!), the results also include the RFC names as well.

Am I getting excited over nothing? I don't remember this happening before. I'm sure if I tapped in RAF, in the past, I got only RAF (and not RFC).

I'm sure that in the past, you had to use the term 'Army' or 'Unknown' to get RFC guys.

Anyway, I'm glad the Debt of Honour Register works this way. It's just saved me a lot of time. :D:D

TPots

Your request has been granted.

RNAS names will be retrievable using 'Air Force' from the next record update (hoped to be soon). It is not possible to have them retrieved from both 'Navy' and 'Air Force' - it has to be one or the other. So, although technically wrong, both RFC and RNAS will be reachable via 'Air Force' in the near future for conformity.

Guest Pete Wood

Thank you sooo much, Terry! I'm starting to wonder if you are related to David Copperfield....??

Thank you, all you very nice people at the CWGC!

Hooray for conformity.

This will, I am sure, make a few hundred aviation enthusiasts very very happy. :D:D

What a great way to end the week - or what a great way to start the weekend.