Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

GSM to Tank Corps Iraq Clasp

medals1976

If you can supply a name and number, I will tell you the unit quoted in the medal rolls.

Sir,

I would be grateful if you could confirm that the information previously supplied to me re 112225 Sjt H.G. Lawrence TANK CORPS is correct. Which unit did he serve with in Iraq?

Many thanks,

Steve

Medal rolls show Lawrence as 7868382 (previously 112225) serving in Iraq with 2 Armoured Car Company, attached 14 LAM Bty. Medal issued 03/01/1924.

Many thanks for that - nice to have it confirmed.

Steve

• 1 month later...

Better late than never!

See below details of some Tank Corps Armoured car company casualties in Iraq. The change over from MGC to Tank Corps must have been in July/August 1920, as there are a number of MGC(M) armoured car casualties dated in June.

Pte J.J. Harding 7872172 Tank Corps 2nd Armoured Car Coy. Died 21/8/20

Pte W. Ansell 7871224 Tank Corps 2nd Armoured Car Coy. Died 21/8/20

Pte W.C. Juggins 7869934 Tank Corps 2nd Armoured Car Coy. Died 30/8/1921 (aged 19)

Lance Corp M.P. Lynch 7872171 Tank Corps 1st Armoured Car Coy. attd. 6th L.A.B Died 28/8/20 (aged 20)

Note:- Harding and Lynch are consecutive numbers, though in different companies,and Juggins going by his age likely signed up after the war.

Regards David

• 2 years later...
  • 7 years later...

Hi there,

Can anyone give me information on GSM with Iraq Clasp to Karam Dad 2466 Sepoy 108th Infantry. I do not have it but I have his BWM and on his MIC I can see that he was awarded this medal. However I am unable to find any record of it.

Regards,

Alan