Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Trench Map Reprints by G. H. Smith & Son

albert

They're pretty good and being in colour is a good bonus, but if you purchase any 1;20,000 scale maps don't forget a magnifying glass - they're a lot smaller than the originals. (Variety and choice of maps leaves a little to be desired also!)

For the price though, they're an excellent buy.

Dave.

I would second all that Croonaert says. The quality is good though the range is limited.

They're good value if they cover an area of interest to you.

Regards

Mike

They are good, albeit the reduction in size in unfortunate.

That said, they photocopy well and you can always up-size them quite a lot; the one of the area of Flers and Delville Wood came up espeically well.

Stephen

What is the price range ... and ... looking at all sources of Trench Maps ... what is the best source for material?

Borden Battery

Here's a link to the GH Smith and son website. Maps from them are £3 each plus P&P, but they are available from various outlets. They actually have more re-prints than they advertise, but I find some of their choices of particular editions a little bizarre to say the least (especially when I consider that they chose to turn down an offer of being able to copy some of mine that I think would be big sellers yet copied some of the ones I considered of less interest!)

GH Smith trenchmaps

Dave.