Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

48th Division Memorial & 4th Division Memorial (WW1)

michaeluk007

post-662-1144617347.jpgpost-662-1144617347.jpg

Anybody know if there are Memorials for the 48th South Midland Div & 4th Division

Thanks Mike

Thats something i would also like to know. i do know there is a memorial to the 3rd South Midland Brigade, which I beleive became part of the 48th. I will try and attach for you

post-662-1144617836.jpgand this too

hi lindsay, do you have any war diaries of the RWR, in particular, 1/5 Battalion, looks like our grandfathers may have served in the same 143rd Brigade , 48 DIVISION, and the MGC, u any more info

Regards Mike

hi lindsay, do you have any war diaries of the RWR, in particular, 1/5 Battalion, looks like our grandfathers may have served in the same 143rd Brigade , 48 DIVISION, and the MGC, u any more info

Regards Mike

Mike

Unfortunatley, i dont have any war diaries. That is my next quest. I do have papers belonging to my Grandfather, his pay book, his german/austrian captivity docts and de mob papers, plus some letters and PC's he sent to this family. Terry Reeves tried to look him up at the NA but had no luck in finding anythin gthere relating to his movements. Sorry i cant be of more help. but if i find out more, i will let you know.

Lindsey