Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

granddad's medal card

stephen7

hi all,

just downloaded grandad's medal card and need help reading it. tried to upload it but as it is an adobe pdf file and at 300kb it is too large to upload here, anyone any ideas as to how i can show it?

Hello

I cut and paste into a jpeg using photosuite (or whatever) then reduce the quality - still readable though

if you get really stuck send me the whole thing by email!

Ian

post-11155-1143892875.jpg

Hello

I cut and paste into a jpeg using photosuite (or whatever) then reduce the quality - still readable though

if you get really stuck send me the whole thing by email!

Ian

thanks, lets see how this looks

steve

Steve,

He was entitled to a 1914 Star, a British War Medal, a Victory Medal, and also a General Service Medal with clasp 'Kurdistan' for post war service in Iraq. He went to France on 15th August 1914 with the 1st Battalion, Scottish Rifles, but later served with the 2nd Battalion.

Regards

Gavin

Sergeant A Watson, mentioned in Despatches while an Acting Company Sergeant Major with the Scottish Rifles. Announced in the London Gazette 22nd May 1917.

Link to the page of the London Gazette:

http://www.gazettes-online.co.uk/archiveVi...&selHonourType=

War Office,

22nd May, 1917.

The following is in continuation of Sir Douglas Haig's Despatch* of 9th April, submitting names deserving of special mention published in the London Gazette of Tuesday, 15th May, 1917.

SCOTTISH RIFLES

Watson,No. 8738 Serjt. (actg. Co.-Serjt.-Maj.) A.

Steve.

Archived