Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Lt J.Godlee RFC

Guest stevebec

Thanks for that last bit of info here are some more ex AIF soldiers.

John Godlee Lt 32 Sqn RFC KIA 19-7-16

Charles Allen Parker Lt RFC MC DoA 19-2-18

Lance Lytton Richardson Lt 25 Sqn RFC KIA 13-4-17

Do you know how they died, who shot them down and where.

I did register on the Areodrome webb site but have been unable to get back to it as my Password doesn't work.

I tried to reregister but wouldn't take my entry as I had registered my EMail address on there before. Can you tell me how I get back on that site?

Thanks for any help

S.B

2Lt J Godlee was flying DH2 7874 when his aircraft was damaged in combat and crashed on landing, resulting in fatal injuries, near Noeux les MInes, south of Bethune. There doesn't appear to be a corresponding German claim.

2Lt C A Parker and his observer, Air Mechanic I John M Nelson of Falkirk, Scotland, were killed while flying (ie probably in an accident) in RE8 B5875 near Basra, Mespotamia/Iraq.

Capt L L Richardson and his observer, Lieutenant Douglas Charles Wollen, were killed in action when flying FE2b A6372 near Vimy. Leutnant Hans Klein of Jasta 4 was awarded credit for the victory. It was his second victory that day, and the seventh of his eventual 22. Ltn Klein's combat career ended when he was wounded in combat with Camels of No 54 Sqn RFC on 19 February 1918. He later became Deputy Commander of Fighters in the Luftwaffe before dying in 1944.

I should have added that Capt L L Richardson MC was credited with 7 victories at the time of his death - all were shared with his observers and the first and fifth with the crew of other aircraft. They were:

17 Jun 1916 Fokker E type

16 Jun 1916 Fokker E type

2 Jul 1916 Albatros C type

20 Jul 1916 Fokker E type

20 Jul 1916 Fokker E type

15 Feb 1917 unidentified C type

17 March 1917 Albatros DIi

I did register on the Areodrome webb site but have been unable to get back to it as my Password doesn't work.

I tried to reregister but wouldn't take my entry as I had registered my EMail address on there before. Can you tell me how I get back on that site?

Send an email to webmaster@theaerodrome.com and tell him what the problem is. You're not alone.

Be warned, though, he is nowhere near as quick to reply as the owner of this forum....

Your other (quicker) option is to re-register with a slightly different name. That's what I had to do.