Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Photos of Wounded soldiers

CarylW

hospital1.jpg

That one looks a bit Boer War maybe? or are they prisoners of war? uniforms look different

hospital2.jpg

Hospital3.jpg

Number 3 photo has on the back "During my stay at St John's Hospital Sevenoaks Kent. Will" and 'Will' appears to have a cross (Cross shows better on the actual photo) underneath his picture in the front - blonde haired chap, far right, bottom row

All photos have "Will" written on the back. The top one has "Will" written on it but also"Grimes" written in a different place in a different hand

I have no idea if they are all St John's Hospital Sevenoaks Kent

These are not from my family, just passing them on. Have no idea who 'Will' is, or who any of the other men are

Just noticed in one of them two are wearing what look like carnations - just been to a wedding?

Caryl

Carly,

thanks for sharing the photo's with us but can't help with the location/s i'm afraid.

Mandy

Nice pics and thanks for posting them.

Can't help with the location but the first pic looks more like WW1 from the uniforms of the soldiers on the stairs in the background.

Chap second from right, back row - what's growing out of his head?

It's a ball thingy on top of the gate post.

Can't help with the location but the first pic looks more like WW1 from the uniforms of the soldiers on the stairs in the background.

It must be post 1908 as one of those "soldiers" is, unless I am very much mistaken, a Boy Scout (the chap on the left in a lemon squeezer hat and shorts). I think in that case it is fairly safe to assume that it must be WW1 era.

Adrian

I noticed the Scout too - and the soldier next to him appears to have a Geneva cross on his arm.

The chap on the extreme right of the bottom photograph. Is he in solitary confinement or is it a pissoir?

The scout in the first one looks to me more like a scoutmaster.

truthergw,

not in one of those; he just happens to be behind the gate!

Boy Scouts were used to run messages for War Hospitals so this could have a bearing on the date.