Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Pte A G Inch

Guest paddy

Would appreciate help in tracing 'surviving relatives' of Albert George Inch AIF buried at Tyne Cot October 1917. This is a result of recently meeting a gentleman who has 'tended' the grave since going there with James Inch in the early 1920's.

CWGC entry states 'son of James & Jessie Inch of Junction Road Hornsby' [NSW]

NSW Telephone directory

Inch B

3 Ethie Rd Beacon Hill 2100 (02) 8901 0135

Inch B C

3 Ethie Rd Beacon Hill 2100 (02) 9451 5328

Inch C

48 Botany St Bondi Junction 2022 (02) 9389 1612

Inch D J

48 Botany St Bondi Junction 2022 (02) 9389 9187

Inch N

1 Goroka Pl Beacon Hill 2100 (02) 9451 4346

Inch N

U37/ 217 Vimiera Rd Marsfield 2122 (02) 9868 2029

Inch R J

24 Moores Rd Glenorie 2157 (02) 9652 1330

Inch R N

74 Chesterfield Rd Epping 2121 (02) 9876 2462

I have no idea whether any of these are related, or whether they are near Hornby, but you could ring and find out !! (expensive though!)(and remember the time difference)

Thanks Chris.

Had actually tried. Lesson 1 Dont ring up & say Hello I'm doing a project. Something seems to happen to the line. Anyway might get some joy. One gent didn't think he was related, but would follow up & ring back. Melb - Sydney not too expensive though.

ooRoo

Glenorie and Epping actually fall within Hornsby Shire Council and Marsfield is close as well. Beacon Hill is out towards Manly/Northern Beaches area and Bondi Junction is...well next to Bondi Beach.

I was up at The Hornsby public Library last week and was surprised to see a small collection of emphemera belonging to two KIA brothers from the Hornsby district displayed in the foyer. I can't remember their names, but I'm sure it was'nt Inch. The display included photos, medals, attestment papers and their 'pennies'.

The display was organised by the Hornsby Historical Society.

Hornsby Shire Historical Society

Kenley Pk Normanhurst 2076

(02) 9489 7543

Hornsby Kuring-gai Family History Society

PO Box 680 HORNSBY NSW 2077

Best of luck, Ian.

Fascinating story . I hope you get some success in finding the relatives.

It seems that cheap phone calls have not reached Aus yet. From UK we can dial anywhere in Aus. for 5p a minute or so . Surely couldn't be cheaper to do the calls from UK ? Nonsensical if it is.

Ian

Now you tell me! Got ripped off ringing home from the old dart last month. Don't know Melb - Sydney rates but certainly more than 5 p. With all this telemarketing, its usually better to make an initial query in writing.

ooRoo