Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Offer to photograph graves

Marco

If all goes to plan I will visit (among other things) the following cemeteries on the Sept. 18th:

Ayette BC

Azin-st-Aubin BC

Bas-du-Sud BC

Berles Position MC

Berles-au-bois Churchyard Ext.

Dainville BC

De Cusien Ravine BC

Doullens CCE 1

Doullens CCE 2

Gezaincourt CCE

Gouy-en-Artois CCE

Habarcq CCE

Humberchamps CC

Le Fermont MC

Le Grand Beaumart BC

Louez MC (Duissans)

St. Amand BC

St. Catherine BC

Wailly Orchard C

Warlincourt Halte BC (Saulty)

If you need a photograph of a grave in one of these cemeteries, let me know and I shall see what I can do (pls read the small print)

Regards,

Marco

small print: no guarantee all cemeteries will be visited; no guarantee all photographs will come out ok, no guarantee the photo shop will not lose the negatives.

Marco.

I'd appreciate a photo of the grave of 34852 Pte.James Laville, Manchester Regiment , at Warlincourt Halte (grave ref. - IV.F.14) if you could.

Thanks,

Dave.

Marco,

IF you get there, I too would appreciate a photo of

Lt Henry COWARD

1st Border Regt

WARLINCOURT HALTE BRITISH CEMETERY, SAULTY, VIII. J. 12.

&

Private 293 GEORGE KNIGHT YOUNG

10th Bn., Royal Fusiliers

who died on Thursday, 4th May 1916. Age 21.

BERLES-AU-BOIS CHURCHYARD EXTENSION, E. 10.

Thankyou

Kate

Dear Madam and Sirs,

If you could e-mail me through the forum I will have your e-mail addresses and can send you the pictures as attachments. If you would like the original colour-slide please provide a postal address. The slides will be picked up from the chemists sometime this week.

Don’t get your hopes up too high though: Warlincourt Halte is a ‘morning cemetery’. When we visited at 18.00 hrs the sun was bright, low, and behind the stones which themselves were rather weathered. I doubt if the pictures taken there will show the details at all. If you ever visit yourself plan this one for the morning.

Dave, mate, you must the reincarnation of a staff officer! :D

Richardson is buried at Duisans British Cemetery, which was not on our list. That he was not at Louez Cemetery (Duisans) was figured out rather quickly because there is no row there long enough to go up to 98. The other one was more difficult: Daniel Stewart isn’t buried at II.E.6 (there is no row E) but according to the CWGC at II.B.22. They have it wrong also because II.B doesn’t go further than 20. From memory he actually lies at something like III.B.14. Got him in the end though. :D

Regards,

Marco