Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

T/Maj DRH Pelham 10 Huss

Guest stevebec

Can any pals supply any Bio details on this man.

I show him being as a Hon/Maj or T/Maj both ranks given in my sourses.

He was given command of the Composite Australian Light Horse Regt in late 1915 and early 1916 during operations against the Sennssi tribes in Egypt.

He is show as being awarded both the DSO and MID and address as Newark Notts and Canwick Hall Lincoln UK.

Bio details needed were his name, enlistment, ocupation and anything you may have on him.

I did surpose him to be a regular soldier at the start of the war?

Thanks for any insight.

S.B

The Hon D R H Pelham is listed as a Major on the Reserve of Officers in 1919. He served in the South African War and was awarded the QSA with 4 clasps and KSA with 2 clasps. During WW1 was awarded the 1914 Star, DSO and was MID 21 Jun 16 and 5 Jul 19.

He was the 4th son of the Earl of Yarborough and educated at Eton and RMC Sandhurst, being commissioned into 10th Hussars in 1894. He married Evelyn Elizabeth Waldo-Sibthorp. Was on the Reserve of Officers in 1914 and went to France with the 10th Hussars. Served with Australian Light Horse in Egypt 1915-16, and with HQ Cavalry Corps in France 1918-19. His DSO was awarded in the 1916 Birthday Honours and hence there is no citation.

Charles M

Charles M