Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

CWGC Idea for Improvement

David_Bluestein

Another CWGC thought: I don’t know how many of you have checked the Canadian Virtual War Memorial. It works very much the same as the CWGC web site, but for Canadians only. The information on these fallen men was obviously all supplied by the CWGC. However this web site allows you to submit ANY memorabilia in the form of photo’s documents etc, etc to the site. They post the information in the form of a link from the soldier’s name. I think this is a brilliant idea! I submit material on a regular basis. I have added a couple links below which were created by me. Please if you have any such material on fallen Canadians consider adding it to the web site. I think you will agree the same such addition to the CWGC site would be a fantastic extension to the current data base and be another powerful tribute to these brave men.

http://www.vac-acc.gc.ca/general/sub.cfm?s...asualty=1565785

http://www.vac-acc.gc.ca/general/sub.cfm?s...casualty=297486

David - One of the things I like about the Canadian Archives site is that you can download the Attestation Papers of all the CEF soldiers.

My mum was delighted to get hold of her grandfather's papers earlier this year.

Canadian records are the best and I have worked with US, UK, Australia and New Zealand as well. They send medical and pay records, the former can be most useful. For instance you may learn that a man was listed as dangerously ill and if so he could be visited in France/Flanders by kin.