Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Kemmel, Locre, Bailleal, Le Treport

wilkokcl

Hello,

I'm tracing the movement of a wounded soldier who was evacuated back to the UK via those places. I can't find one map with all of those on and wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction.

Many thanks,

Mark.

I can only get all 4 on one map either except by using a Route Planner, so you may be unlucky to be a comntemporory version.

Le Treport is on the coast near Dieppe, the other three are close to one another south of Ypres B)

Ok - has anyone got a map showing the 3 close together south of Ypres? Le Treport I can see separately.

Thanks,

Mark.

Can anyone recommend a book with maps of all the WWI areas? I have "The Times Atlas of WWII" which gives plans of all the major battles and locations in 1939-45. Is there a similar one that's good for 1914-18?

Mark.

Can anyone recommend a book with maps of all the WWI areas? I have "The Times Atlas of WWII" which gives plans of all the major battles and locations in 1939-45. Is there a similar one that's good for 1914-18?

Mark.

There are a couple of similar publications to the WW2 example you give such as "The Viking Atlas of World War 1" by Anthony Livesey. There is another, more famous volume whose title escapes me (Such books are ok for quick reference, but I never find the maps in such books detailed enough for my liking and needs).

Dave.