Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

"CRAVENS PART IN THE GREAT WAR" look-up required

weejock

Doe's anyone have a copy of "Cravens Part in the Great War" ? I'm looking for any info on John Bleakley who was drowned when HMHS ROHILLA was sunk in October 1914

Thanks

John

Glasgow

Doe's anyone have a copy of "Cravens Part in the Great War" ? I'm looking for any info on John Bleakley who was drowned when HMHS ROHILLA was sunk in October 1914

Thanks

John

Glasgow

John.

Where was he from? "Craven's Part..." only lists those who were from the area (or , more accurately, Barnoldswick).

Co-incidentally, my edition of the book was issued to the NOK of Pte.William Edward Anderson who was one of the Rohilla victims.

Dave.

Thanks very much Dave, I read about this book else wear and thought it gave info on all the victims, I must have read it wrong. :(

Much oblidged

John

Dave,

Is there an entry in the book for Private George Thomas, 2/E. Lancs, died of wounds 17th February 1915?

If so I'd very much appreciate a scan of any photo of him and any biographical information there may be.

Cheers.

Andy.

Is there an entry in the book for Private George Thomas, 2/E. Lancs, died of wounds 17th February 1915?

Hi Andy.

Sorry, but ,no there isn't. (He doesn't have any connection with the Craven area (born and lived in Cumberland and enlisted in Nelson), so he wouldn't be listed).

Dave.

Dave,

re. Pte. G. Thomas - his family did actually live in Barnoldswick per and during WW1 but were "offcomers". Thank you for looking anyway.

Best wishes.

Andy.

• 11 months later...