Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Zeebrugge and Ostend Raids 1918 - Crew lists?

Terence Munson

Hello, Does anyone know if crew lists exist for these raids and or lists of wounded?

I'm looking for a George Black age 14. Supposed to have been serving with the Dover Patrol on ML 239, after lying about his age to join the R.N. Boys Service in Aberdeen, then volunteered for the Dover Patrol. Eventually discharged before his 16th after recovering from his wounds.

Cheers: Terry

Ah well another disappointing result - to go with the many that have gone before! I’ll have to think of another tack!

Time shutdown and savour a drop of Scotland's best.

cheers: Terry

this book might help

The Dover Patrol 1914-18

by - Humphreys, Roy

1998, Sutton Publishing

ISBN 0750919671

Hello Christine, Thanks I'm looking for it already - the only other reference I've found to ML239 is in Zeebrugge by Barrie Pitt, where it is listed as one of the MLs allocated to the Eastern smoke screen.

Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Terry

I have a small booklet by Mick Dalzell and published by JAYEM Publishing entitled "Zeebrugge & Ostend 1918" which is a casualty roll and Honours & Awards for this action, 239 is mentioned but George does not appear

Yours Aye

Dave H.

Hi Dave,

Thanks for that - finding anything on this guy is not proving to be easy. I ask our library about the book Christine suggested and they have decided to buy it!!

Welcome to the Forum