Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Canadian War Museum website

poor_bloody_infantry

Hello,

I'm hoping this isn't a repost. While web surfing last night I found a very interesting interactive presentation about the Canadian Military experience in WWI on this webpage: http://www.civilization.ca/cwm/overtop/index_e.html

It's really a fascinating adventure game format exploration of what trench life was like for the average Canadian soldier, although I'm sure that most of the experience would be applicable to any soldier no matter what uniform he wore back then. The decision making can lead to success or to the game posting the dreaded War Department telegram, and believe me I soon became tired of seeing that confounded telegram pop. It was alarming for me to realize that my frustration at seeing this telegram advertising my trench-life ineptitude was just a minor manifestation of the incredible tension those poor soldiers must've experienced daily in the trenches - quite a sobering reflection indeed!

Thanks for the link. I just got mentioned in despatches, though I may face a war crimes tribunal when it's all over. A great site for older kids, so you chose a good place to mention it. :lol:

Just completed it.. died a few times Im afraid but got there in the end

Tremendous potential... hope others see it and use it

John

There is an earlier thread about this game. I use it as a teaching aid with my pupils. It's the best of its type that I have encountered. There are a few other 'interactive' World War One games out there, but none are as imaginative and some contain serious factual errors.