Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Can anyone help provide a copy of the trench map for

The Guardroom

Hi,

Would anyone who has a copy of the IWM trench map CD, be able to provide a snapshot of the frontline trenches that were directly in front of Rainy and dewdrop trenches infront of Le Transloy. I have searched all the usual maps sites on the web, but unable to find a picture that shows both the British and German lines at this part of the front.

Am interested as my Gt Grandfather was wounded at this part of the front and later DOW. Trying to piece together some detail for a planned visit to the site perhaps for next year.

May thanks,

Alan

Alan - Was www.pathsofglory.co.uk one of the sites you tried? Dave is one of the Forum pals, he might be able to help you out. Unfortunately I don't have the CD or other maps, but hopefull someone can reply with what you need. Andy

Alan - Was www.pathsofglory.co.uk one of the sites you tried? Dave is one of the Forum pals, he might be able to help you out. Unfortunately I don't have the CD or other maps, but hopefull someone can reply with what you need. Andy

There's a map showing le Transloy on the site mentioned above, but not in the expected place. (look in the "One in a Million" section at the biography of Pte John Lavin. ;) )

D.

Thanks Andy, D,

Have taken a look and although the maps are just what I wanted, your right that Rainy and dewdrop trench just seem to be out of the bottom left of the picture.

Thanks,

Alan