Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Rfa Casualties 3/12/17

munce

I'm trying to find the names of two unnamed (in the war diary) telephonists who died with my great-uncle in his OP during the Battle of Cambrai. Unfortunately, the CWGC website search facility only works with names. Is there any other way I can find a list of casualities from 2nd Brigade Royal Field Artillery who died on 3rd December 1917?

You can never be absolutely certain with these things, but suggest you may want to look at Gunner 68495 Percy James and Gunner 57454 Ernest Stephen Jones - both killed in action 3/12/17 - both 53 Battery 2nd Brigade RFA - and both named on the Cambrai Memorial To The Missing. An added plus point is that every other RFA man kia or dow that date can be eliminated. Regards - Tom.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dennis corbett

When I needed info on the members of the Brigade in which I am interested, I contacted the CWGC. They supplied me with a list of all the graves they maintain for that unit for what was really a very nominal charge. Their database must be searchable internally. If you contact them with your query I am sure they will quickly find the names you need.

rgds

Dennis