Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

12th HLI

Adam Harland

I have the above from start to finish, together with most of the standard references for the Regiment.

Happy to help for those with an interest in Glasgow's finest!

Hello Adam

Please would it be possible for you to tell me what was happening with the 12th on the 25th April 1917 as one of the chaps I am researching 38129 Pte John Ruthven was killed on this day.

Would it be possible for you to tell me what they were doing in the run up to the battle of Arras?

Many Thanks

Tom

• 8 months later...

Hi, I am trying research Lt Frederick George Smith of the 1/9 HLI, he was killed in action on 27th August 1918 and is buried in Wancourt CWGC cemetery. Would you mind checking the war diary to see if he is mentioned? Many thnaks, Rick

Adam,

i am trying to find out some info on a friends relation who is buried at Bethune Town Cemetery who died of wounds on 17th May 1916.

He is Corporal Aitken Dott SIMPSON, service number 8830 and was attached to the 12th Bat HLI.

Any info you can provide please would be helpful.

thank you,

Regards,

Scottie.

• 2 months later...

Adam

I think I sent you a PM the other day regarding the 12 HLI diaries but have just realised that I may have messed up it! Yeah honest it has been known!!!

If you didn't receive it could you let me know please and I will resend.

Many thanks

Shellyj :rolleyes:

• 10 years later...
On 25/08/2003 at 10:22, Adam Harland said:

I have the above from start to finish, together with most of the standard references for the Regiment.

Happy to help for those with an interest in Glasgow's finest!

Hi Adam, hoping you can help me. I am trying to establish in which action my grandfather Private Frederick HC Hutt, service number 12705 was wounded. He was wounded sometime between 21 May and 5 June 1916 and i believe was with 12th HLI (previously with 10th HLI till wounded between 30 Sep and 13 Oct 1915 - possibly Battle of Loos). Anything you can help with would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Tom

Adam has not visited the Forum since July 31, 2013.

Tom has asked the same question in two other threads and I suggest that any replies are made

in this one.

Moonraker