The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

China Station

bart592

Hi Everyone

Does anybody have any details about the China Station. i believe the HMS Eclipse sailed there and the crew was involved with a earthquake ?

Many Thanks

Bart

Hi Bart

I have a copy of The Commision of H.M.S. Eclipse 1901-04, and the only mention of an earthquake is as follows,-

'On Sunday, the 25th (1902), the effect of an earthquake was felt during the evening, which caused

great conternation among the ships company. These shocks are not uncommon in Japan. On the

Monday morningthe dockyard authorities went down the dock to see if any of the chocks had loosend

by the shock.'

The Eclipse was in a collision with the S.S. Wakanoura Maru on May 12th and went into dry dock on the 13th.

Hope this helps

John

Hi Bart

I have a copy of The Commision of H.M.S. Eclipse 1901-04, and the only mention of an earthquake is as follows,-

'On Sunday, the 25th (1902), the effect of an earthquake was felt during the evening, which caused

great conternation among the ships company. These shocks are not uncommon in Japan. On the

Monday morningthe dockyard authorities went down the dock to see if any of the chocks had loosend

by the shock.'

The Eclipse was in a collision with the S.S. Wakanoura Maru on May 12th and went into dry dock on the 13th.

Hope this helps

John

Yes its very interesting thanks for your help

Bart