Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

still searching for book

alan jones

Hello ,

I am still searching for a book and running out of ideas. If any members come across it at book shops or military fairs would they e-mail me please. Its called A Short Record Of The 59th Siege Battery R.A. by Frank House.

Regards,

Alan

Alan,

I have looked in the catalogues of the Bodleian, the British, PRO, and the Cambridge University libraries and the only Frank House I can find is:

Main Author: House, Frank H.

Title: Timber at war; an account of the organisation and activities of the Timber Control, 1939-1945. With an introd. by Sir Archibald Harris.

Published: London, E. Benn [1965]

Where did you come across it?

Best wishes,

David

Alan,

I have looked in the catalogues of the Bodleian, the British, PRO, and the Cambridge University libraries and the only Frank House I can find is:

Main Author: House, Frank H.

Title: Timber at war; an account of the organisation and activities of the Timber Control, 1939-1945. With an introd. by Sir Archibald Harris.

Published: London, E. Benn [1965]

Where did you come across it?

Best wishes,

David

hello david ,

thank you for your reply and efforts. The book is listed in Whites Bibliography of Regimental Histories It might just be the same author of the book you listed! Its not a common name. I wonder if it is , whether Frank House possibly used the same publishers?

regards,

Alan