Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

rhlv

RHLV

That's the one I've seen. Also have seen the British handbook on the Balkan Armies that was reprinted a few years back. Anything else available either in print or on line?

Rich

Greetings to all!

Rich, try this one:

http://orbat.com/site/history/index.html

There in the historical OOB for 1900-1938 period you can find detailed and very informative OOB's for Greek army in both Balkan wars and and immediately beofre WW1. Infortunately they do not have any info on major personalities.

Best wishes

Nikolay

Rich,

The best reference is;

"A concise history of the paticipation of the Hellenic Army in the First World War 1914-1918" written by the Hellenic Army General Staff - Army History Directorate in 1999.

ISBN 960-7897-37-4

An English edition is available and it has excellent colour (fold out) maps.

Chris Henschke

Thanks to all for the info. Will look for the gneral staff study and the other recommended sites. As for the rhlv, well, those are my initials and in a fit of stupidity I managed to get them on the wrong line while posting.

Dr. Richard H.L. Verdun

(Rich)

Rich you should have a message which you can access by clicking on "New Messages" at the top of the page and you should have an email too.

Roger.

Rich you should have a message which you can access by clicking on  "New Messages" at the top of the page and you should have an email too.

Roger.

Rog:

Checked both places. Nothing on the "New Messages" at the top of the page and only one piece of spam (for a "Pen_s Pump") on my email. You might want to check with Fearless Leader Moderator to see what's going on. Meanwhile I will send you a message to your "New Messages" spot and see what happens.

Rich