Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Cause of Death

Boreenatra

Is a death certificate the only way to track down this man's cause of death ? If war related in some way could his grave be considered as a war grave? What's the best way to find some info in this case? Regards Steve.

Get his death certificate.

It may give a clue. If he died after discharge due to his service then you can put forward a case to CWGC/MoD for war grave recognition as he died before 31.08.21.

On the other hand, it may say "Run over by a bus" - not war related!

Terry. Thanks for your help again. If I can hijack my own thread, this man H.Parsons appears on a Screen Wall at Manor Park Cemetery, yet his name does not seem to appear in the CWGC listing for Manor Park.He should be between Frederick Albert Parratt and E G Partridge.Hopefully it's not the old eyes again but I can't see him listed. As the Debt Of Honour is undergoing maintainence I cant check it but would it just be a clerical error or maybe some other reason. Regards Steve.

Peter. He's certainly in Manor Park. The 127 Plot where many of the men were, is still there but it looks as though it has been turned over to common ground some time ago as it its now very small, with only a few graves there. Many of the names on the screen wall have 127 original plot no's. Perhaps a clerical error ? Another small point is that G.T.Mansfield who is listed at plot 127 No. 27 is also on the screen wall although is not listed as being on there. Regards Steve.