Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Verdun & the Somme 1916

burlington

Special interest weekend programme. Subtitled 'From catastrophe to conclusion'

6-9 April 2006.

Speakers:

Correlli Barnett, John Bourne, Cordon Corrigan, Robert Foley, Robert Neillands, William Philpott, Gary Sheffiled, Julian Thompson.

With a parellel programme for non-WW1 buffs entitled 'Food & Drink: Extravangences of the Edwardian Table'.

£395 per head inclusive per confernence plus.....

Details conferences@chch.ox.ac.uk

If it was not for the price, I would be sorely tempted. Still am in fact.

Anyone else?

Martin

Special interest weekend programme. Subtitled 'From catastrophe to conclusion'

6-9 April 2006.

Speakers:

Correlli Barnett, John Bourne, Cordon Corrigan, Robert Foley, Robert Neillands, William Philpott, Gary Sheffiled, Julian Thompson.

With a parellel programme for non-WW1 buffs entitled 'Food & Drink: Extravangences of the Edwardian Table'.

£395 per head inclusive per confernence plus.....

Details conferences@chch.ox.ac.uk

If it was not for the price, I would be sorely tempted. Still am in fact.

Anyone else?

Martin

That does sound interesting. I would certainly be interested, but it does seem a bit much. Shame they're not having it in Cambridge, I'd be able to save a bit in hotel costs :).

Paul

That does sound interesting.  I would certainly be interested, but it does seem a bit much.  Shame they're not having it in Cambridge, I'd be able to save a bit in hotel costs  :).

Paul

Paul

The price includes dinners, receptions, all other meals, snacks & accommodation. They don't give a conference only price.

Martin

Hi Martin, :)

I really wish you hadn't put this on a thread, because now I am going to have to convince my wife, that it will be a good investment for me to go !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

Oh no ! Where do I start ? :D

Cheers

Tim.

Hi Martin,

Have you a link please as I don't seem to be able to access it with the address you gave !!

Cheers

Tim.

Quite how they can hold a conference on Verdun without asking Christina Holstein to address it I simply can't imagine (and I told her that when she gave me the brochure last Saturday). The sheer cheek of it could only come from Oxbridge.

I shan't be going, as, apart from anything else I have to add the cost of getting there to the cost of the weekend and that will just about double it.

Hi Martin,

Have you a link please as I don't seem to be able to access it with the address you gave !!

Cheers

Tim.

Tim

All I have is the email address, which I gave.

Apart from that there is a phone number 01865 286848/276174

Martin

Paul

The price includes dinners, receptions, all other meals, snacks  & accommodation. They don't give a conference only price.

Martin

Wow, that makes the price not too bad at all.

Paul

Hi Martin,

Thanks for that, I'll get in touch with them.

Cheers

Tim.