Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

know anybody

theraven

i need help with identifying which battery this is i believe it was taken between

1915 and 1919 as my gf is in it but all we know is it is rfa. if any one sees a familier face they maybe able to shed some light.any help would be most welcome

raven

post-6331-1129404352.jpg

Hi Raven,

From the number of medal ribbons on the officers and senior ncos I would say we are looking at 1919 as by now they had been issued the Victory abd Defence medals a number of them look like Boer War medal holders as well.

The place to start is to see if you can get an ID on an officer as I can see an MC there.

If you know your Grandfathers service record you will be able to find out where he was serving in 1919 and work it from there.

All the best,

Rob

hi rob

in reply to your post i know my gf served with d battery r.h.a from 5/2/19 to 6/6/22 and was in india and from 39 to 45 with millitary police in holyhead but on form cf .no.24 it has sevice 16/11/15 to 5/2/19 r.f.a discharge lost , it is this last bit that im trying to trace . wherever i look i come across a blank wall. it seems as if he did not exist. most frustrating

raven

Hi Raven,

From the number of medal ribbons on the officers and senior ncos I would say we are looking at 1919 as by now they had been issued the Victory abd Defence medals a number of them look like Boer War medal holders as well.

The place to start is to see if you can get an ID on an officer as I can see an MC there.

If you know your Grandfathers service record you will be able to find out where he was serving in 1919 and work it from there.

All the best,

Rob

Wouldn't the photo be a bit earlier. I cant see any overseas service chevrons which were enitiled to be worn after January 1918? I would have expected some amongst the men if it was 1919