Free downloads from TNA Ă—
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

is terry denham brilliant or what

andy 1

just to say i think terry denham is the next best thing since sliced bread.

please let me explain when i joined this forum in 2004 i had a problem,one of my ancestors was killed on the somme in 1916.the cwgc stated that is date of death was the 9/7/16 and he was in the 2nd battalion lincolnshire regiment.

every thing i had told me this info was wrong,so i found this forum and a pal told me to contact terry denham which i duly did.

terry told me it isn't easy to get things changed at the cwgc (and he wasn't kidding)and it would take time,a long time.

any way he asked me to send him proof which i duly did, copies of death certificate,mics, roll of honour etc etc all of which said my ancestor was killed on the 1/7/1916 and that he was in the 1st bn lincolnshire regiment.

then the wait started and i must have seemed a nuisance at times keep emailing terry but he always answered me courteously and politely.

then a couple of weeks ago he emailed me and told me the cwgc wouldn't be amending the details for my ancestor,was i downhearted you bet i was.but terry told me to keep my chin up or words to that effect and to send him the proof again and he would put it to the cwgc again.

then today i got a email from terry telling me that the cwgc had changed there minds and would now be amending my ancestors details after all at the first oppertunity.

i tell you what i can't thank terry denham enough for what he as done for me and my ancestor and if he is ever in lincoln i'll buy him a pint no ****** it(sorry for the swearing) i'll buy him half a dozen pints.

sorry for going on pals but i'm just so overjoyed at this news.

and i've put this in this section of the forum so terry see's it.

three cheers for terry.

regards

andy 1

Guest Simon Bull

I think we all agree that Terry is in fact considerably better than sliced bread. Indeed, on all matters related to the CWGC he is the font of all knowledge and I doubt that there is a single long-term member of the Forum who does not have reason to be grateful to him.

You will regret that offer for a drink--he has hollow legs !!!! :)

I'd like to know when he sleeps or does anything else cause he is always on here.

But if you ask a queery you can bet you will get an answer within minutes

11 out of ten for Mr Denham

Bit over the top, Old Boy. Remember we are British :P

Andy, thanks for the praise but it is not necessary really. No problem.

Nigel

Perhaps I am only on here at the same times as you!

Hi all,

Excellent news. Well done Andy and Terry !!

Cheers

Tim.

No understatements Terry. You deserve a big hand; Terry supported my inquiries for the recognition of my very own Granddad at CWGC Merville, Communal Annex; great jobs, well done -and now comes the sobering: and carry on :D

You will regret that offer for a drink--he has hollow legs !!!! :)

Nigel,

You've met him as well then? :P

It is alleged that he drank the Passendale Brewery out of business. :o

ps Well done Terry

Bit over the top, Old Boy. Remember we are British  :P

Andy, thanks for the praise but it is not necessary really. No problem.

Nigel

Perhaps I am only on here at the same times as you!

I knew some one was keeping tabs on me :)

Well done Terry

Dangerous words Andy....................I've been drinking with Terry Denham & he can put them away with the best..................in fact I'm sure there is a photo on the forum somewhere of Chris Baker our glorious leader counting all the bottle tops found under Terry's bed during this years Pals tour to Ypres

Well done Terry and Andy,

Good result for everyone, to be commended.

Andy