Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Does anyone know of any Channel Tunnel...

Max Poilu

Last year one of the daily rags was offering a very cheap subsidised day crossing on the Chunnel in the run-up to Christmas - I have seen some ferry deals in the papers but if anyone knows of any others please can they post them, the usual thing - collect tokens or a password etc.

Thanks!

Try Speedferries.

I had a mail from them a few days ago saying they were dropping their prices for a time in honour of being voted the best channel crossing company.

I don't remember what the period of the offer was, but I think it went down to 30€

Hi Healdav,

You and me always championing SF. ;) I love them and they are doing some super deals for longer stays - I have one of their open bookings tucked away but I specifically want the dreaded Chunnel for a day trip to Ypres.

Compared with their normal prices there are some very good deals available with Eurotunnel, playing with the bookings page on the internet and by going early and returning late you can cross return price of £30,

Cheers,

Scottie.

Eurotunnel have definitely lowered their prices - perhaps the Penny (or Euro?) has dropped with their management that the higher you price the service, the fewer people will use it..??

I have just paid £120 in Tesco Clubcard vouchers for a 3 day trip during half term week (24 Oct) - I'm pretty sure that the same trip at the same time last year cost me £240 in vouchers..!!

Rob.

• 1 month later...

Just bumping this up in case anyone knows of any deals? I just checked the Eurotunnel site and presently a day return for a normal car on a midweek crossing between 8 - 10 am out and 8 - 10 pm return is £45. Crazy.

Not crazy. If you were taking a ferry from Denmark to Sweden (much the same distance) that is what you would pay all the time (and much the same company!).

People from those parts never cease to be amazed at the amount that the British are prepared to pay in a rip off to 'cruise to the continent'.