Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

wanted - photos nationwide

Jim Strawbridge

On 23/09/2019 at 06:03, Jim Strawbridge said:

An update of my photograph requirements. I may have failed to delete a couple from the list so if you think that you have provided them pleae let me know so that I can check.

[...] Massachusetts (Boston x 2, Foxborough)

Apologies for not sifting through the whole thread, but out of curiosity what grave photo would you need in Foxborough?
I can't make any promises but am interested.

17 hours ago, phsvm said:

Jim - did you receive the photos I sent from Ardington for Lady Wantage?

I need to go back (hopefully tomorrow if the weather holds) to have a look in the church so if you need others of her memorial I can do that at the same time

phsvm  -  nothing received to date.

14 hours ago, 1/1Hertfordshire said:

Heading to Lithuania and Lativa this weekend, plan to photograph all CWGC graves. 

None of my WW1 ladies are there but enjoy the trip.

4 hours ago, UncleBourbon said:

Apologies for not sifting through the whole thread, but out of curiosity what grave photo would you need in Foxborough?
I can't make any promises but am interested.

My requirement is for a photograph of the name of Meda Morse, US Red Cross dieitian which is on the Foxboro' War Memorial which is at the foot of the common. She is also buried locally but a kind soul provided me with a photograph of that.

Jim

Re; Lady Wantage at Ardington

I've sent you an e-mail to your private e-mail address.  Please let me know if you've received it or not.

Hilary

2 hours ago, phsvm said:

Jim

Re; Lady Wantage at Ardington

I've sent you an e-mail to your private e-mail address.  Please let me know if you've received it or not.

Hilary

Safely received, thank you. I have sent a message direct.

I tried to send a Roll of Service with some VADs to Jim Strawbridge but got "Jim Strawbridge cannot receive messages. "

Can you send me your EMail address

MB

Whoops. I think that my message in-box must be full. I have deleted some but sending email address to mbriscoe direct.

Hi Jim,

is there any possibility of having a copy of the photo of Victoria’s unmarked grave? I’ve attached a photo of the grave of Frederick Walter Whiddett, he died just 11 days before WW1 ended, and was the only one of the three brothers that died in WW1 to be buried in this country.

34093490-AFFB-47DC-8696-F2F621C37804.jpeg

Howard, A search of the cemetery (Thanington, Kent) failed to find Victoria's grave and it is assumed that it is unmarked although there are some markers too weathered to read, My photograph shows an area where there are known unmarked graves andI have assumed that Victoria's is one of them. Not very specific, I know, but the best reasoning that I have.

Edited by Jim Strawbridge

Nurse MARMION, M
Service Number 2/Res.M/813

Died 25/01/1919

Aged 37

is this your requirement from kensal green? I found this photo online but if you need it I'll take 1 next time I'm in London 

upload_2019-7-8_18-52-10.png

Or this 1 again not my photo but I can take 1 if needed

Nurse GOODMAN, DOROTHY CRANFIELD
Died 04/04/1916

Aged 24

Lewisham Military Hospital 
Voluntary Aid Detachment

Daughter of Edwin Matthew and Rebecca Goodman.

Buried at HARROW CEMETERY

upload_2018-4-1_11-55-59.png

Wayne, The grave marker for MARMION I already have. She is not the one that I need from Kensal Green. As for GOODMAN, that is the grave that I need but I cannot use the one that you have provided as I would need permission from the copyright holder. It would also be helpful to see what is inscribed on the main cross as that could help in knowing who else is in the grave, dates and relationships. I hope that Harrow might be close to one of your football opponents.

15 hours ago, bostonwayne said:

Actually I'm going to london on the 27th for the NFL so I can call in to harrow then. 

Thank you.

21 hours ago, bostonwayne said:

I know it's late notice but I'm off to west Bromwich now what are your requirements there and is nurse Goodman the only 1 in harrow

Sorry, missed the posting as away from my computer. My loss. Yes, Goodman is my only requirement from Harrow.

Thank you, Wayne. Very nice and detailed photographs safely received. It showed that Dorothy's husband had a short-lived second marriage that I didn't know about. A lucky man (sort of) being buried in the same grave as both wives and his daughter.

Christine Stewart Uttoxeter grave has been turned over so now readable but difficult to get a shot without standing in the grave and I was sinking in very wet earth so hope they are ok have pm’d you others

35118204-D821-4C96-B9FC-6BC1A3A13359.jpeg

255B0483-839F-49AA-B6DA-3C4A23BF378E.jpeg

A7082BEF-2FE3-448F-BD5D-7428D2104ACB.jpeg

Jim can you post an updated list please Leics Derby’s Staffs Notts can’t promise getting to all but will try

Alison, I try to keep my list current but don't post it on every page as it will take up space. The listing is one page back. I tend to renew it on every alternate page.

DERBYSHIRE, Chesterfield, Croxall cum Oakley, Marston on Dove, Shirebrook, Taxal, Tibshelf

LEICESTERSHIRE, Barrow upon Soar, Leicester, Loughborough

NOTTINGHAMSHIRE, Nottingham

STAFFORDSHIRE, Bradley, Brindley Ford, Chasetown, Newchapel, Ocker Hill, Ogley Hay, Stoke -on-Trent, Tettenhall, Tipton, Uttoxeter, Walsall, Walton-on-the-Hill, West Bromwich

I can give details on requirements from these places when required.

Hi Jim please send me Loughborough and Barrow upon soar details and Marston on Dove - I drive past the latter at least once a week and had not realised plus have attended two funerals there!  

3 hours ago, Alisonmallen62 said:

Hi Jim please send me Loughborough and Barrow upon soar details and Marston on Dove - I drive past the latter at least once a week and had not realised plus have attended two funerals there!  

LOUGHBOROUGH

Annie ADCOCK, civilian, aged 42, died 1st quarter 1916. She was a casualty of a bomb explosion. She is buried in plot 43/256, Loughborough Cemetery.

Ethel Alice HIGGS, civilian, aged 25, died 31st January 1916 from a bomb explosion. She is buried grave 6/312, Loughborough Cemetery.

Elsie PAGE, civilian, aged 16, died 31st January 1916 from a bomb explosion. She is buried in plot 5 and 10, 283, Loughborough Cemetery (sorry that plot seems strange - it is what I was told). She is buried with her mother, Mary Ann PAGE (also required), aged 44, and her brother, who are buried in the same grave.

Georgina Martha SHIPMAN, civilian, aged 50, died 31st January 1916 from a bomb explosion. She is buried in plot 4, grave 312 in Loughborough Cemetery.

There is a brass plaque in Carillon Tower Museum, Queen's Park, Loughborough that has the names of Annie Adcock, Annie Elizabeth ADKIN, Ethel Alice Higgs, Elsie Page, Mary Ann Page and Martha Shipman. Some of the graves and the plaque can be seen on the internet but I do not have any permissions to use them but it might help to see them to find the graves more easily.

BARROW-upon-SOAR

Annie Elizabeth ADKIN, civilian, aged 29, died 31st January 1916 from a bomb explosion. She is buried in Barrow-upon-Soar Cemetery (plot number unknown).  

MARSTON on DOVE

Jane THIES, VAD, aged 84, died 19th February 1921 and is buried in Marston Cemetery. Her husband died December 1920 and is probably buried in the same grave.

• 2 weeks later...