Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Royal dublin fusiliers

sixbeethree

Need a bit of advice here please> Having just reviewed some family history I have noticed that My Gt Uncle MIC stated KIA 28/3/18 but war grave headstone states 27/03.18. One day earlier! Is this common and can anyone help with some info on what to do next please?

He is 2nd Lt James Joseph Rogers. 2nd Battalion RDF. He was originally in the Irish Guards and transferred 6/2/1917 into RDF prusumably to get a promotion .His IG number was 6789.I have a picture of him and he has a battle flash of a red triangle which i have been told relates to 29 Div who fought with the Ist Battalion..so its a bit confusing.

Can you shed any light from that please?

Soldiers died also says 28th.

Nothing else you don't already have.

Des

Hello Sixbethree,

Ireland's Memorial Records has the following entry for your man:

Rogers, James Joseph. Rank 2nd Lieutenant (Temporary) Royal Dublin Fusiliers, 11th Battalion, Killed in Action, March 28 1918.

Note Battalion! If you want a copy of the original entry, send me a PM with your email address.

Regards,

Liam.

He is 2nd Lt James Joseph Rogers. 2nd Battalion RDF. He was originally in the Irish Guards and transferred 6/2/1917 into RDF prusumably to get a promotion .His IG number was 6789.I have a picture of him and he has a battle flash of a red triangle which i have been told relates to 29 Div who fought with the Ist Battalion..so its a bit confusing.

Would be really interested to see the photo if you can scan it and post it to see the shoulder flash.

• 8 years later...
Guest Sixmilecross

Dear Sixbeethree

Have you found more details about James Joseph Rogers (2nd Battalion RDF)? - I will pm you as well?

Many thanks