Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Joseph Ishamel Froggatt. A casualty aged just 16

smiths565

Hello Everybody, I am currently looking for information about

Joseph Ishmael Froggatt - Royal Scots Fusiliers 2nd Bn. Private 22915. Age 16. Etaples Military Cemetery, Pas de Calais, France. Died 04-Sep 1916.

Two questions really

1. approximately how old would Joseph have been when he enlisted, taking into account training at home etc.

2. Did Joseph die of wounds or Illness.

His name appears on a list of men who worked for Vickers Steelworks in Sheffield and died in service. He must have been an apprentice or the like when he heard the call to arms. Can anybody help?

Thanks in advance - Robert.

I have been researching these men. The result of this research so far can be found on my website for anybody interested.

He was born in Heeley, Sheffield and died of wounds serving with the 2nd battalion Royal Scots Fusiliers.

Thanks for the information Bob.

Given the date and the battalion - does anybody know which action or incident Joseph received his wounds?

• 13 years later...

I am currently my great uncle. Private Joseph Froggatt who lived on Hatfield House Lane, Sheffield. He too died from wounds in September 1916 and buried at Etaples. 

• Admin

Dear Brian, 

Welcome to the forum, the starter of this thread hasn't been on the forum for a year. Are you researching the same man? 

Michelle