Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

DCM

squirrel

Just wondering what a York & Lancaster Regt. DCM won at the Battle of Asiago, with BWM and VM, together with a brief handwritten letter from the Lieutenant commanding his battalion signal section to which he was attached would be worth.

DCM was awarded for repairing telephone lines under shellfire on his own for over 15 hours. Two men sent to help him killed by shellfire.

More than that !!! :blink:

Start :@ around £800 & keep going....................

Better tell my wife and sister-in-law to do something about insurance then; he was their grandfather.

Thanks for the reply.

It is always difficult to put a value on a DCM group as so much depends on the battalion, the citation and also finding the right buyer. And also assuming that the pair was his only entitlement i.e. if he was entitled to the star and it isn't present then it woul significantly reduce the value.

DCM's for Italy are obviously a lot less common than for France and so this would give the group a small premium.

If you are looking at insurance I would suggest at least 1500 quid - a DCM and pair to the Essex Regt ( albeit a caualty ) recently went for over 2k.

Regards. simon

Hello

Might be worth also checking the small print in the insurance - quite often value of over £1,000 needs to be recorded seperatly.

Not that money replaces a family members medal but one has to live in the real world and consider insurance.

Ian