Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Naval & Military Press Trench Map CD-Roms

Lost in Tilloy

Hi All

Forgive me if this is old hat and has been reported before. I recently found that my NMP Trench Map CD-Roms stopped working. I got the following message:

Director Player Error

To cut a long story short, the problem has been traced to a clash in software between the NMP Trench CD-Rom and a Spyware product I bought and installed on my PC called 'Spy Sweeper.' I bought the latter to stop annoying 'Pop-up' Ads.

The problem with the NMP Trench Map CD-Rom was resolved by simply closing down the Spyware and this allowed the NMP CD-Rom to work again. I've reported the problem to NMP already and they have noted the clash.

The really annoying thing as far as I'm concerned is that I bought Spy Sweeper having read on other websites that it would get rid of a particular Pop-up nuisance I have on my PC called 'Winfixer 2005.' Although it appeared to catch it on the first occassion, the Ad is back as bad as ever and Spy Sweeper doesn't even register its presence. Waste of money or what! :angry:

Even Spy Bot, Ad-Aware and CCleaner miss it. Has anyone else had success against Winfixer 2005?

Regards

LIT

Even Spy Bot, Ad-Aware and CCleaner miss it. Has anyone else had success against Winfixer 2005?

LIT

Thanks for the info about NMP Trench Map CD-Rom. I've been thinking about purchasing this CD and wondered about its compatibility with other software packages on my computer.

We recently had a major issue with pop ups despite having every anti-pop up known to man installed. The little b****** dig in very deeply I'm told. We took the plunge and brought in our technician who did a complete overhaul and installed a router. We also run a version of Norton, which in combination with the router, has stopped or at the very least provides warning of the nasties. That's a very non-technical explanation, but I hope it gives you some options.

Chris