Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Cpl Frederick Adams, Royal Iniskilling Fusiliers.

s.murdock

I am trying to find out as much detail as possible about my grandfather, Cpl Frederick Adams, service number 11232 who served with the Royal Enniskilling Fusiliers during the Great War. I know he was wounded in the face and back but don't know which battle it was in. He spent a considerable time in hospital recovering from his wounds. The only other detail I have at present is that he was discharged on 19.02.1919.

I am trying to find out as much detail as possible about my grandfather, Cpl Frederick Adams, service number 11232 who served with the Royal Enniskilling Fusiliers during the Great War. I know he was wounded in the face and back but don't know which battle it was in. He spent a considerable time in hospital recovering from his wounds. The only other detail I have at present is that he was discharged on 19.02.1919.

Hello

I have a pair and death plaque to 3694 Lance Cpl James Alexander Adams

"D" Coy. 1st Bn., Royal Inniskilling Fusiliers who died on the iith June 1916 Aged 18.

He was the son of William and Mary Jane Adams,of 34, Lime Street.Belfast.

Is there possibly a family connection here.

Regards,

Bob Norman.

Can you give his birthplace? It is sometimes a good pointer to which btn of the Inniskillings he served with.

Des

Just use the fast reply button ... scroll down to bottom of page and you will see the text box!

Then I believe with the '11' at the start of his number he would have been with the 11th Btn. Royal Inniskilling Fusiliers(Donegal and Fermanagh Volunteers).

Off to do some checking. Perhaps number crunchers on the forum could confirm or reject my 'hunch'?

Des

• 16 years later...

Hi Bob Norman I believe you may have the medals belonging to my wife's great uncle James Adams please get in touch. 

• Admin

Welcome to the forum . @kaisersoffensive hasn’t visited the forum since 2017. My tag  may alert him to your post.