Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

"The Old Royal Navy"

Steve Albin

Hi Folks,

After nearly 20 years of research I have tracked my ggg from cradle to grave.

Just about his entire NAVAL career was sent to me from TNA/Kew plus I have used various other areas of research including private researchers.The amount of info I have on him is staggering.

He served on 14 ships from 1806 as a 13 year old boy,became a Master RN in 1827 until his death in 1852.My ggg grandfather was stationed at Chatham,Kent.

He was at Martinique and Guadaloupe.

So.I would like to know are there any forums which I could discuss in detail about his career.The hand written pages from TNA/Kew are inexcellent order and gives an insight into the MAN himself.

Kind Regards

Steve

Steve

Try this one:

http://www.cronab.demon.co.uk/marit.htm

(I've never worked out how to do hyperlinks so you will have to type it out or copy and paste)

They have the url of a forum that might be of use to you; otherwise they publish people's articles on their site (they won't pay you but you do retain copyright) and they might be interested in your work.

Tell me if you have any success; it sounds fascinating.

Adrian

Steve

PS to the above - the url seems to have come out as a hyperlink, so maybe I've just discovered the method!

Adrian

Steve,

Not sure if you are interested, but www.battleships-cruisers.co.uk/royal.htm will have some info on the ships your ggg served on.

Best wishes

David