Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

'Last Absolution of the Munsters'

Mark Hone

Yes James a real piece of History.

There is an other :

the photograph of the original of a poscard gived by Jean-Marie.

Michel

post-10155-1171024107.jpg

Hi Michel !

I love the old postcards !! .... but where did Jean-Marie get them ? are they family heirlooms ?

This is fascinating - thank you !

Annie

hi Annie,

nice to read you here !

Yes the two last poscards are "souvenirs de famille".

In the second you can see inside the chapel rebuilt in 1929 and visited by Colonel RICKARD's Widow in 1935.

The painting is these who is now in the town hall of RICHEBOURG, it always the property of Jean-Marie.

This evening if my PC well want I'll post something very mouving, be attentive !

Michel ;)

Hello Annie, Marina and all,

do you recognize this object ?

Michel

post-10155-1171063842.jpg

have an attentive look on the photograph of the post 176....

by exemple, zoom on feet of the statue of "Notre-Dame de Séez"

what do you see in shining metal ?

Michel

Marina,

I see you were in "stand by", it' is good !

YES madame, it is THE crucifix of the photograph, Jean-Marie bring it down of his grenary (attic ?) especially for me.

Do you want more now, or do you prefer wait for tomorrow for an other scoop ?

Michel

Annie,

as YOU do not sleep like marina at this hour, here is for you, with the crucifix, others things that you can see on the postcard

profit in before the others ;)

Michel

post-10155-1171067609.jpg

And Greyhound is here too! (Just back from the pub; I needed the distraction!)

This is wonderful, formidable. To think that the chapel may one day rise again, with the original contents!

One thing I am curious about, Michel - the dedication of ND de Seez. I know this tiny town in Normandy (now spelt Sees) with its beautiful cathedral. Do you know why the chapel in Pas de Calais had this dedication?

:)

Hi all,

very happy that this thread continues to interest you

Annie, do not worry the spiders are inoffensive under our latitudes

Marina, just to say to you that I teased you yesterday evening and that the photographs were taked by myself, but I will thank Jean-Marie for your for having agreed to leave the objects their retirement

Greyhound, your question about the dedication is very relevant, I have already an idea of the answer but I cannot reveal it for the moment…. all that I can say to you it is that you all can prepare your handkerchiefs.

extraordinary events were held around this chapel…

Michel

My handkerchief is at the ready... my eyes are watering already...my heart is full to overflowing ...my hand trembles with emotion...my pulse races...

How long do i have to stayy like this? :)

Marina

Well, I will be a good prince (french expression) for these ladies which are more assiduous than these Sirs:

Annie, Marina, do you recognize this young woman spirit in prayer, the joined hands?

look at it well, look at the incription which appears in the base of the statue, compare with the statue of the postcard…

Michel

post-10155-1171147335.jpg

then, you will say to me it is not the same statue, it does not have a crown and not a veil!

But have a look on the head of Notre-Dame de Séez on this view, you will see two small metal pins on which the crown was hung.

He is not sure to have it still, but Jean-Marie will try to find it for us in his attic; when I visited him, it grew dark black.

As for the veil which was under the crown on the photograph of the postcard, it was about a true fabric or lace veil which, it, does not exist any more.

Michel

post-10155-1171148222.jpg

Well, finish the episode of this evening of the serial by a small lesson of topographic analysis. Here the site, on the official map of 1961 of the chapel rebuilt in 1929.

Does that say something to you?

Michel

post-10155-1171149183.jpg

then, you will say to me it is not the same statue, it does not have a crown and not a veil!

Michel

I studied that photo for ages, convinced it was not the same statue - but you had an explanation! She must be goven a new veil when the new chapel is opened!

How sad to think of her seeing the last absolution...

Marina

Well, finish the episode of this evening of the serial by a small lesson of topographic analysis. Here the site, on the official map of 1961 of the chapel rebuilt in 1929.

Does that say something to you?

Michel

No, I'm hopeless with maps! Ypou'll have to explain again...

Marina

thanks Kim,

I do that with much pleasure, conviction and respect and, more my investigation advances, more I realize that I am very lucky to find contacts and invaluable information. I believe that something of very powerfull guides me...

Michel