Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Zoism Books

Chris_Baker

Thought this might make you laugh. But then again I woudn't blame you if you cried instead.

"The only true factual account of the 1914-18 war.

At last. At last! The truth about the First World War. No more political correctness or re-writing history - no more brain washing or the downright lies that we have been told for the last 85 years. This is the ultimate truth as told by the men who were there in the trenches. The first edition was banned from many libraries and schools in the UK because it reveals how the evil establishment and army high command murdered an entire British generation for its own ends. No military historian could write this because they were not there and it would end their careers if they did. Soon these old men will all be gone and this book will remain their final truth. The author met them face to face and promised their stories would not be censored in any way. As you'll see he kept that promise. This is 14-18 as you have never been allowed to read it before."

You can see more about this here.

I am stunned. Everything I had read for the last 25 years led me to believe that it was actually the German Army that killed British soldiers. ;)

Guest Hill 60

If only I had the money for this new piece of research, I'll just have to dream I suppose <_<

I WAS interested in the other book they're advertising, London's Street Girls. Thinking it was an contact book I was upset to find the following reviews:

A London prostitute goes to bed with an American Diplomat whose careless bedroom talk reveals all on The President Kennedy Assassination. An astounding book.

Contact Intl. Magazine

Wow!! This book really blows the lid off Low-Life London and the scumbags who run it. The British media should be ashamed for keeping it dark for so long. It took a Yank to tell the Brits what's going on in their own capital city. Moretti deserves a medal. It's shocking...but above all it's horrendously TRUE!! Buy a copy before it's banned.

Danny Laine, Chicago. New Book Review

Oh well!

Cor, flipping 'eck. Real face-to-face interviews with soldiers telling their side of the story. And from an unknown author.

And published by Zoism - who promise to bring a mystical and original approach to a subject.

I don't know how I'm going to restrain myself from ordering a copy - but I'm going to try.

John

B)

Guest Ian Bowbrick

Please not 2 conspiracy theories in 2 days - more than the mind can take!

This looks like an updated version of what people of the WW1 generation called 'penny dreadfuls' :lol:

Ian

This should be Zooism books. This is just what you needed in the UK , this and Mosier. This will be the only book some ever read about WW1 just as was Alan Clarrke's Donkeys. Sad.

How do they get away with this drivel ???

Because there is a market for it?

And because there are folk out there who want to believe that everything that happens in the world is the result of 'them', the dark forces conspiring to control the world.

'Them' can be anybody. I believe that in parts of the Mid West of America some folk are seriously worried that a combination of 'black helicopters', the UN and the House of Windsor are massed against the US. And these folk have their own assault rifles ... scary, or what?

Freemasons, MI6, Zionists, MacDonalds, the Vatican, the EU, Old Etonians, - choose your 'them'.

I have seen it explained on the Web how King George had WW1 prolonged in order to kill more of the British working class - this was intended to 'teach them a lesson' since they were getting bolshie. The same individual also knew of early movie footage of a naked and demented Queen Victoria scampering through the grounds of Buckingham Palace - but 'they' had covered it up (the footage not the monarch).

Apart from anything else it is comforting to believe in conspiracies because they are exciting and explain things, accepting that most events are actually the result of cock-ups than conspiracies is much less comforting and a lot more boring.

Jock

Guest Ian Bowbrick

JB,

I can vouch that the story of Queen Victoria romping naked around Buck House is true - John Brown was heard to comment 'Whatever she's wearing needs a damn good iron!' :lol:

Seriously though you are right - the rumours about King George were rife and started by anti-monarchists in the wake of the 1917 Russian Revolution if my O level History serves me well!

Ian

Guest Hill 60

A few years ago I read about a group of Americans (sorry, I'm not picking on our cousins!) who really believed that the Royal Family were space aliens and that the Queen Mother was Queen Frog, who ate people! It must be true as this had been witnessed by some of this group :o

Has anyone read it?

It might be interesting to see who the veterans were that were interviewed. I would like to buy a copy to satisfy my curiosity, but am unwilling to support an obviously lunatic group with my money.

Guest Bruce Simpson

Dear Chris,

I bought this book some years ago it first came out in 1993 by Terry Cunningham I paid £2 and was chuffed to get it.

I feel Terry Cunningham would not be impressed with how it is being sold.

On page 4 he gives thanks to all who helped in the compiling of the book and gives The Western Front Association a mention and the book is worth £2 if only for the photo of Roy Vandervord age 99 taking part in a fire sevice training film being rescued 60ft up and being lowered by extension ladder.

Vetrans interviewed were:

James "Smiler" Lovegrove 95

Lt Col Sherrard Smith M C 97

William Brooks 94

Charles Young 93

Richard Beasley 95

Roy Vandervord 99

Rev J Seignior 95

Catherine Cathcart Smith 104

Albert Church

Lawrence Shaw 96

I do not recommend buying it from the source mentioned as I suspect he has bought old stock and hyping it up to make a killing first sold for£9 95 1993

Bruce Simpson

The Western Front Association Trustee

I'm not sure that the author isn't involved in the current 're-issue'-he was effectively plugging it in a letter to the Daily Mail on Saturday. Rather fittingly, as that bastion of conservatism has printed some increasingly loopy New Age and conspiracy theory articles recently (The Bible Code, Pyramids, Lord Mountbatten was a KGB agent etc)

I was interested to read that James Lovegrove is in the book; he was a particularly good friend of mine, and died around 1991/2. I have a copy of his memoirs and several hours of tape of him talking; nothing in it that would support the thesis of this book, seemingly. I fear what he said may have been misquoted?

Guest Ian Bowbrick
I was interested to read that James Lovegrove is in the book; he was a particularly good friend of mine, and died around 1991/2. I have a copy of his memoirs and several hours of tape of him talking; nothing in it that would support the thesis of this book, seemingly. I fear what he said may have been misquoted?

Perhaps - but there is no one here now to confirm/refute it :angry:

Ian