Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Proposed Monument in Scotland

PilgrimDuke

It would be right and good to have a memorial to Dr. Inglis's work, but having seen the monument to Scottish parliamentary democracy at Holyrood, it may turn out not to be right and good to look at.

Marina

I think if we can have a memorial to the animals used in war then surely the work done by the SWH should not go uncommemorated.

It would be right and good to have a memorial to Dr. Inglis's work, but having seen the monument to Scottish parliamentary democracy at Holyrood, it may turn out not to be right and good to look at.

Marina

I am continually delighted by the variety of people's taste in all things artistic. I think that the building is marvellous.

I am continually delighted by the variety of people's taste in all things artistic. I think that the building is marvellous.

:lol: That's true - huge variety. When I went to see it, I mistook some of the artistic' outer facings for half finished builder's work. Then I mistook some builder's litter for a piece of artwork - confusing!

Maybe I;m just a Philistine!

Marina

Any idea why the new monument in London is solely dedicated to the women of the Second World War?