Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Kirkee Cemetery, Pune, India

Paul Nixon

Another great big thanks!

Bruce

and another great big, "You're welcome". :P:D

I have only just come across this thread and I wonder if any of your photos show the name of Harry Ward, Royal Engineers, on Face 2. I would appreciate a photo if possible sent to greatwar@sympatico.ca

Ward is an interesting character, since we believe his real name is Harry Beardsell. He is a Boer War veteran, and has managed to be commemorated in the Ottawa Book of Remembrance by both names on the same page!

Thanks for any help you can give.

Peter

Peter

Yep, Corporal H Ward is just about visible on the shot that I took of that panel. They're not the easiest panels to shoot because they're quite close together which means that for the majority, you have to take the photos at an angle if you want to capture the entire panel in one shot.

Nevertheless, send me a private message with your e-mail address and I'll get the photo off to you.

• 2 years later...

If they are still available do you have the name

Private J. J. Daly, 1st Bn. Connaught Rangers on Face 10

Thats the only one I need from Kirkee.

Please pm me so I can send you my email. I tried to send you a PM but it said you was unable to receive any more messages.

• 4 years later...
On 9/24/2009 at 02:51, 24514199 said:

I know it's been along time since you posted this request, but I've only just stumbled on it, I've got some photo's of Douglas Arthur Whitehurst's grave taken a couple of years ago. He died with my uncle who is buried next to him P A Wilde. I also have some pictures of Douglas and another couple of Australian pilots that Tony ( my Uncle) took before he was killed. Would they be of any interest to you?

I am in Pune today to visit Douglas Whitehurst's grave.  He would have been my uncle, but died before I was born.  I carry his name.   Could you send me copies of your photos?