Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Searching the MIC's online

doogal

Hi

I've been searching for the MIC for a soldier for some time now, via the online facility at the NA website. I've been successful in the past, but have hit a brick wall with this particular soldier.

Admittedly, I have scant details on the man, but I am sure of these details, as I have cross referenced them against the relevant war diaries.

Ultimately, I know that a search at the NA is in order, but wanted to ask if anyone was aware of limits to the onlie search facility (beyond the limits of my own wit and guile when dealing with technology, of course)

I have been searching for a Lieutenant H Brown. He was with the 5th Duke of Wellington's (West Riding) Regiment, and then the 2/4th Hampshire Regiment during 1918. That is all I have on him. I have been through the varying combinations of search possible with this facility and this information. Either I am missing something really obvious, or something else? The only search I have not dived into online is the "H Brown" search, which brings up about 34,000 names. This is something better done at the NA.

any help appreciated on this would be appreciated.

regards

doogal

Hi Doogal.

I've experienced this myself. I have 3 medals in my collection that I can't find the MIC's for... :(

Sorry not to be of further help.

Mark.