Great War Forum

Remembered Today:

Sign in to follow this  
stiletto_33853

47th London Division

Guest RussellR

Hi Charles

Thanks for your offer re the photo of Arthur - as you suggest I will email you separately on this.

Unfortunately I didn't record the exact details of the microfilm as it was only the Tooting connection which intrigued me and I took the copies for possible future interest. However, I did find my grandfather's records in WO363 R1163. Alternatively he may have been in WO364 3289. Luckily, there are not too many files to look through, though the alphabet used is a little dodgy!

Regards

Russell

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Russell - Welcome to the forum. Thanks for the additional info on RSM Ridout. As you may have gathered from above in this thread I am also trying to research him - as RSM he was one of the key personalties for the battalion that I am researching.

Do you by any chance have the microfilm reference number for his service record? I woulnt mind a look next time I am in the PRO.

I do have a group photo of 1/19th senior NCOs taken probably early 1916 in which he is seated in the centre of the front row. Russell and ChrisB - please email me off forum and I would be happy to email you a scan.

Charles

sixbeethree

Hello

Are you able to look up 16 Nov 1915 when the 3rd London in particular the 1/3 London were attached to 47th .

Thank you.