Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Seeking a look-up at National Archives for a Zeebrugge Raid excerpt

domwalsh

I am trying to get a copy of a page or two from a Zeebrugge Raid casualty book. It is an account by PO Thomas Tusler in ADM116/1656 among the reports on individual casualties. Where the fate of any rating was unknown, witnesses who were able to help were asked to provide any details that might help. Tusler provided an account of the fate of AB E. Cowley RN who was killed. That is the bit I am trying to get a copy of.

Any NA regulars able to help?

Dom

Hi Dom, asking around.

sJ

No luck so far, sorry!

Sorry, I am unlikely to visit  Kew again until at least February, if not later.

On 15/11/2023 at 22:32, domwalsh said:

Thanks

Dom, do you know if it is a very large piece or divided into sections? If you can provide anything more precise in the way of a reference that may help, as I may be able to wangle a sighting of it - but don't pin your hopes too firmly...

sJ

Hi Jane.

The reference is ADM 116/1656 for the casualty book. It's years since I looked at it, but I seem to recall it is divided up into sections of anything from one page to a few pages, mostly letters and official forms providing information that may help determine the fate of those who died. I'm not sure if they're in alphbetical order or where in the book the info on AB E. Cowley RN is located. 

If you do manage to find the account provided by Tusler I'd be ever so grateful.

Best.

Dom

I'll see what I can do - it all depends whether the people I need to ask have the time to help.

1 hour ago, domwalsh said:

Hi SJ.

Much appreciated.

D

Hi Dom,

Much regret that what I was hoping for isn't possible now I'm retired - sorry to have raised your hopes. 

sJ

How sad that you have lost your powers of alchemy! Perhaps another wizard researcher might step forward?

Thanks for trying SJ.

D

:lol: 

Some of the alchemy came from being inside the magic circle O between M and D...