Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Help required - continued

snailybailey

MIC attached relating to A J Shepherd and MIC explanation

post-5325-1113414638.jpg

9341 Pte. (later Lance Corporal) AJ Shepherd 9th Bn Lancs Fusiliers. Entitled to 1915 Star Trio. Theatre of war first entered was the Balkans and he was killed in action on 1st July 1916.

His medals should have L/Cpl as the rank on his medals.

Andy

9341 Pte. (later Lance Corporal) AJ Shepherd 9th Bn Lancs Fusiliers. Entitled to 1915 Star Trio. Theatre of war first entered was the Balkans and he was killed in action on 1st July 1916.

His medals should have L/Cpl as the rank on his medals.

Andy

Cheers

Andy but can you also read my other post on this subject as it requires more explanation than just what's on the MIC

Thanks

Hi Snaily,

Have to agree with Harry re his postings and information on the Rolls. Incidently I will be at Kew tomorrow so will have another attempt at getting the dairy for you although it will not let me pre order this dairy.

Andy

Don't think you'll find any dairies there, Stilleto. Try the diaries. :D

See you there tomorrow!

Hope you're not after the same things I am!

Steve.

Steve,

Thank you for pointing out the dairy bit, been a long day. Fancy meeting up for a coffee??.

Andy

Sounds good, Yeah.

By the clock. I'll be wearing a red carnation. :D

Ahem... I'll be the tall bald guy with glasses lurking around the service records films, or we can arrange a time. I've got to get into London and should be there for 11 but I've got all day. One..ish?

Edit : I'm 37 but have been mistaken for older :(

Double edit : Or I could find you. Will you be wearing the sunglasses?

Steve.

:ph34r: Steve,

Sounds great, 1pm outside the shop???.

Andy

Ok, Andy

See you there.

Steve.

Snailey,

Not the 9th Battalion (my grandfathers). On the 01/07/1916 they were in camp at Kantara, Egypt.

Rgds

Tim D

Hi Snaily,

Have to agree with Harry re his postings and information on the Rolls. Incidently I will be at Kew tomorrow so will have another attempt at getting the dairy for you although it will not let me pre order this dairy.

Andy

Thanks Andy, good luck with your search, anything you can get will be welcome!

Stebie,

Good to meet you today, hope you got everything done.

Andy

Yes, Thanks.

Andy. A good day. Didn't quite everything I wanted but that never happens, I would think.

Nice to meet you,

Steve.

EDIT : Just how many times did you post here? I must have 30 e-mail notifications in my inbox from here!

wow, we seem to have the repeating problem back 3 posts instead of 1.

Andy

A bit late to be joining this discussion but thought I might add that My great grandfather was also in the 9th and the 2nd of the Lancs fusiliers. The 9th were a new army battalion so its possibble a bit like my great grandfather that he had previous service with the another battalion before joining the 9th. I believe that the 9th were formed in Bury in the late of August 1914 and they set sail for Galipolli in July 1915. They were involved in the Sulva bay landings and were there until December. They then went on to spend the winter in Eygpt mainly road and rail pipe laying. Ive been told that they stayed here until early summer after which they went to France and the Somme. Which would tie in with my Great grandfathers injury and discharge on the 21-8-1916.

Not sure if this helps you any though ?